Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah vintage ed langdon inside 50

Lots of action, no finishing.
Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Similar impact injuries to footy. Concussions. ACLs. Lots of hamstring/calve stuff. Broken arms and wrists. Not as many shoulder injuries other than for keepers (surprise surprise)

Have had players break opponents legs, damage ankles or knees in bad tackles before too.

Also your summary of the sport reeks of the same energy West Coast fans have when they get uppity about derby wins in our favour just FYI ;)

Thats ok

I watched a world cup when a player rolled the ball to Rivaldo from Brasil and he pretended to be hurt and lay on the ground crying until the ref gave him a penalty shot which he jumped up and won the game for them.

I can't take the sport seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skills are down in this one because the pressure is next level. It's funny, we've beaten both these sides on their home decks but neither were at their current level. Would not be confident against either especially seeing how poor our transition game has become since the Hawthorn game
Melbourne had won 17 in a row when we played them.

Melbourne had won 17 in a row when we played them.
To be quite honest they had been coasting for a number of weeks when we got them. Don't get me wrong, spectacular win and a huge sign for us that we came back from 4-5 goals down against them as well but it was pretty obvious to all and sundry they were down on motivation and playing injured/sick. They're getting back to their best now and their pressure is quite different to earlier in the season.

Geelong on the other hand feels more a night and day comparison compared to Round 7.

Thats ok

I watched a world cup when a player rolled the ball to Rivaldo from Brasil and he pretended to be hurt and lay on the ground crying until the ref gave him a penalty shot which he jumped up and won the game for them.

I can't take the sport seriously.

You talking about this one?

NaiveDecisiveChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

Shameful indeed, but he certainly didn't get a penalty for it. The rules don't even allow it. He actually got fined after the game for acting, though the guy who kicked it at him did get sent off.

I'd almost prefer Melbourne to just beat everyone that's competing for spots with us. Keep everyone else away from second spot.

Nah, the more Melbourne lose the better. Last thing we want is them steamrolling into finals full of confidence and everyone else playing for second.

If Melbourne drop off and become vulnerable it's anyone's premiership, and then we're as much a chance as anyone.

Skills are down in this one because the pressure is next level. It's funny, we've beaten both these sides on their home decks but neither were at their current level. Would not be confident against either especially seeing how poor our transition game has become since the Hawthorn game

Because they are both equally average + the Geelong home ground advantage, they both look strong.

We dominated them both so much we made their pressure game look weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back