Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very curious how the payment for finals works, prize money, match fees etc because I know clubs can divvy it up how they want and if you've played regular finals like Geelong then you can have players agree to forego their match fees in finals and get paid in regular salary cap while other players get less salary cap money and more finals cash money.

Yes and I was fist poumping like a mad man... But neither Geelong or Melbourne were at their best. And we played out of our skin.
I've not seen anything of Geelong this year that makes me think we cant beat them at our best

Not impressed with either of teams tonight, Freo and Brisbane at their best will beat these teams

Geelong look slooooooow with ball in hand and off the ball. Our speed will be a huge asset in September as older players’ bodies get beat up and fatigued.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd rather Geelong win tonight and finish top 2. I have no fears facing them in September.

Yeah I'm in agreeance with the theory that their unique ground arrangements inflate their ladder position every year. They're my preferred match up out of the top 6 too.

You talking about this one?

NaiveDecisiveChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

Shameful indeed, but he certainly didn't get a penalty for it. The rules don't even allow it. He actually got fined after the game for acting, though the guy who kicked it at him did get sent off.

Shameful. He got sent off for sending the ball back to a guy is precious. My children who are 9 and 5 wouldn't even flinch if that happened to them.

Whats a fine going to do to a multimillionaire? He should have been booed off the ground for being a coward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will end up 1st on % after getting to play north twice. Really skews the whole top 4/8. Gained 10% from their second game against north.

Luke Jackson isn’t worth 1.5 mil

He did. It was a pretty controversial moment, that's why everyone remembers it.

Fair enough. It was a long time ago and my memory has slipped a bit but my point remains. Soccer is a joke of a sport. Not the skills but the carry on.

At some point, you just have to tip your hat to Wells and Scott. Incredible they have been this good for so long. Drafting, development and coaching is absolutely top notch
They're rolling out the oldest team in history each week every year since 2011 but aside from the covid-affected 2020 (when shorter games and season would have helped their old man bodies) they never make it past prelims. IMO if Scott didn't win in his first year with the elite team he inherited he'd be viewed as worse than Lyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back