Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
1657196096604.png

Snuffaluphagus

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Didn't he do some ligament damage not long ago?
Yeah, he missed last game with a knee injury but they never said what specifically it was I don think. Then he played this game and was hobbling the whole game. I'd be telling Melbourne * off if I was him. Dont mess with dodgy knee's, particularly as a big guy in the AFL

King Huskii

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, he missed last game with a knee injury but they never said what specifically it was I don think. Then he played this game and was hobbling the whole game. I'd be telling Melbourne * off if I was him. Dont mess with dodgy knee's, particularly as a big guy in the AFL

I don't know why they would play him. He could do more damage and impact finals.

I wonder what's going through his mind... also is Burgess still their strength and conditioning guy?

Snuffaluphagus

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know why they would play him. He could do more damage and impact finals.

I wonder what's going through his mind... also is Burgess still their strength and conditioning guy?
Burgess leftt, seems like given Gawn was clearly not ready either that they thought 70% of Gawn and Jackson together was worth it

King Huskii

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Burgess leftt, seems like given Gawn was clearly not ready either that they thought 70% of Gawn and Jackson together was worth it

Yep big reason why they lost. I didn't realise he left. Sports science is critical. Could bring Melbourne back to the pack a bit if they don't manage their players better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sumavich

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geelong kissed on the …. With the run home! Pathetic mgt by AFL, if we have to play them at a home final in sheethole Geelong I’ll toss my s**t out of the cot

im_a_lazy_sod

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
Geelong kissed on the …. With the run home! Pathetic mgt by AFL, if we have to play them at a home final in sheethole Geelong I’ll toss my s**t out of the cot

We have more players on our list that have won a final there than they do

VolgaBoatman

All Australian
Apr 4, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Alphabet stadium only holds 21k with the reconstruction. I doubt they would even make us go there if we were to play them in Melbourne.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Alphabet stadium only holds 21k with the reconstruction. I doubt they would even make us go there if we were to play them in Melbourne.
They’ll argue that Tasmania had finals last year plus GWS have had home finals with 22k. Just watch

Kapow!!!

Premium Platinum
Sep 29, 2003
Queensland
AFL Club
Fremantle
They've done this every year for the past decade - play their best footy in July
That's true. It's always hard to trust Geelong. But, being a season with weaker contenders the stars very well may be aligning for them to Bradbury this one. There aren't standout premiership fancies this season. The only season since 2011* where they've had such a clear run at it without a favourite/favourite falling over before the GF was 2018 and that's the only year they shat the bed in July.

* I genuinely don't know what to make of 2020. I think that was a case of the 2 most experienced sides holding up in the most volatile season ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad