Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm lost for words..... I'm actually pretty angry at this to be honest. How can anyone ask that of another person let alone a young bloke who was so happy and proud to share his news with people who were meant to support and mentor him... It's evil. Its sickening.

Disgusting, disgraceful, horrific..

No one should have to go through that...No one.

If Fremantle ever do anything like this I'd expect heads to roll. I'd nearly walk away from the club.

I'm lost for words..... I'm actually pretty angry at this to be honest. How can anyone ask that of another person let alone a young bloke who was so happy and proud to share his news with people who were meant to support and mentor him... It's evil. Its sickening.

Disgusting, disgraceful, horrific..

No one should have to go through that...No one.

If Fremantle ever do anything like this I'd expect heads to roll. I'd nearly walk away from the club.
Yeah I must admit, I would feel pretty hard pressed to continue supporting the club were something of this nature to occur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is beyond grim. I'm worried that no corner of the league (or the game for that matter) is immune to this. I hope I'm wrong but afraid I'm not.

Disgusting.

Surely they need to forfeit the 2013-15 premierships and award them to the runner ups? 🤔
This thought went through my head initially too, but quickly left. Honestly not the time to think about on-field accolades.

Those allegations are absolutely disgusting. I've worked in workplaces where I've seen racism. I've worked in places where I've had racism directed towards me. Anything and everything I've seen and experienced pales in comparison to what is being said happened at Hawthorn. And I've worked 5 years in sport - it's a hotbed of toxic masculinity and sexist AF, but I never saw much racism (thankfully)

It makes me ashamed to be Australian. It's the type of thing you hear about at corrupt organisations from the 1980s and earlier - not something that you should be hearing about happening recently and at such a well-respected organisation, in the top tier of a national sporting competition.

If even 10% of what is being said is true, throw the ****ing book at the club and ban, fine everyone involved. Disgusting excuse for a club

That report is just terrible, sort of stuff that will just rip the heart out of Hawthorn as a club and hopefully result in a few job losses

Big test for Gil in one of his final acts as CEO, is he going to take the hardline stance this needs or is he going to get a rug big enough to sweep this under?

This simply has to be acted on, national disgrace if it gets swept under the carpet. Serious response required at the Hawks, and those who oversaw the scheme. Quite frankly North should be looking for a new coach, and based on that read so should Brisbane. Genuinely sickening to read, heart goes out to the players and families affected by what’s taken place here
This is beyond grim. I'm worried that no corner of the league (or the game for that matter) is immune to this. I hope I'm wrong but afraid I'm not.
at this point every club really needs to be investigated into this stuff to uncover all the horror stories and clean up on our game and clubs (ours included, giving our history I would truly hope and expect there would be very little to find, but only one way to know if anything’s been swept under the carpet)

Shaun Burgoyne must be feeling sick today.

He is one of the greatest players to play the game.

I am sure being a strong indigenous leader he would be so gutted some of his team mates had to endure this at the club.

It is appropriate for the AFL to leave the coaches positions to the clubs and validate the report with an investigation - then when that lands they need to act. Acting before then would be problematic. The AFL doesn't want to be sued.

I just hope it doesn't end up like the Essendon supplement scandal and Melbourne tanking scandals where they were brushed under the rug by the AFL, with only the likes of WADA escalating it out of the AFL's control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back