Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Good thing the AFL made a fixture in a 18 team competition where Carlton don't have to play Brisbane or Melbourne until Rd 21 and 22. While playing us twice in the space of 2 months.

Cerra was putrid tonight. Worst Carlton player on the ground.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Carlton deserve to be top four at the moment

Screenshot_20220520-203801_Chrome.jpg

Kings of the State

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not going to stop calling out that kinda s**t. If you're calling out a particular race's physical appearance and associating it with a particular stereotype for a giggle, you're a racist prick. Being part of another group doesn't change that fact. I don't give a s**t if you don't agree.
To what is your problem? Or just Gen X?

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hungry Heeney cost his team any chance to win there by trying to claim the mark rather than flicking over to the man on in the square
Yep
Fair enough he couldn’t hear the touch call but he still should have had enough game awareness to realise he had old m8 in the square open.
Worse still then barely jogged in his chase after losing the ball

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Very enjoyable game that even when margin was blown out to 5-6 goals Cartlon's way. Lot of great contests 1v1 2v2 etc without the heavy scrimmages and players willing to take the game on and move the ball quickly. McDonald is clearly going to be one of the great forwards in the competition.

Because I was watching with the commentary off, i didn't get what happened near the end when Heeney seemed to take a mark about 15m out. Was it touched, or not 15m or did they rule that he tried to play on when he shaped to give it over the top?

Edit...i just read the previous post answering that.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Very enjoyable game that even when margin was blown out to 5-6 goals Cartlon's way. Lot of great contests 1v1 2v2 etc without the heavy scrimmages and players willing to take the game on and move the ball quickly. McDonald is clearly going to be one of the great forwards in the competition.

Because I was watching with the commentary off, i didn't get what happened near the end when Heeney seemed to take a mark about 15m out. Was it touched, or not 15m or did they rule that he tried to play on when he shaped to give it over the top?

I think it was touched, but Heeney didn't hear the call. In fact, no-one could hear anything over that crowd noise, and that's a problem the AFL should address. Umps need louder voices somehow.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I went into this game neutral and ended up barracking hard for Sydney, Carlton are just so unlikeable. Forgot Cerra was even playing until he popped up in the last quarter, has he gone backwards this year?

He is playing worse than he did for Freo, but the commentators are falling over themselves to talk him up like he is just now becoming good. It's weird.

So I got a message from snufalufaguss because I disagreed with 2 if his posts.

Anyone out there can call out his BS and abuse of power or just me??
Hey mate, you made a great start with your account this time but you've started to really lose it a bit the last week. I've been as patient with you as I can. This will be the only warning, you may continue to discuss with me in private or it will be additional points.

Additionally, you got a message from me because your post was reported by another poster and had nothing to do with the disagree button that you've been spamming the last hour, though I have asked you as well to please stop spamming the disagree button.

Again, first and only warning to only continue discussions in our PM

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey mate, you made a great start with your account this time but you've started to really lose it a bit the last week. I've been as patient with you as I can. This will be the only warning, you may continue to discuss with me in private or it will be additional points.

Additionally, you got a message from me because your post was reported by another poster and had nothing to do with the disagree button that you've been spamming the last hour, though I have asked you as well to please stop spamming the disagree button.

Again, first and only warning to only continue discussions in our PM
Well said Snuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back