Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
One thing I would recommend is switch to listening to it on the radio while you do something productive. One of the things that made footy frustrating for me was wasting 3 hours to just get angry at the TV. The experience is different when you only listen to Freo games and don't feel like you're wasting time. I watch very little footy other than Freo and try to restrict myself to our night games on TV. The game strangely comes alive a bit more when you don't actually see it.

Ten years ago I watched almost every game I could, and honestly looking back this was a complete waste of time, and not all that enjoyable. Getting annoyed at Geelong vs Collingwood games because I wanted one of those teams to win and they didn't. Who cares!

Yeah that would suit my work situation, but it’s more the time spent reading news and forums and watching shows when the games aren’t on that I think I can be using better. Just thinking I should probably try to increase the number of milestones I can make on the way to the grave. Anyhoo…

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Melbourne captain Max Gawn could miss up to five weeks of football with an ankle injury

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Fitzpatrick never gets mentioned in the same breathe as other WA ruckmen like Clarke, Farmer, Micheal, Moss - even Boucher, yet he was lead ruck in 3 premiership teams for Carlton and 1 for Subiaco.

I guess people run out of names when you get to 4 or 5. Chuck in Sandilands and Cox as well.

Fitzpatrick has much the same build as rucks like Andrew Purser or Paul Harding and maybe the same talent level. Not knocking the bloke, just saying there's lots of great rucks that came from WA.
I think he's in due to the amount of admin work he's put it at the AFL over the years being on the board and the Chairman for a decade, not so much his playing ability.

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really luv Bucks for this refreshing and much needed perspective of a somewhat maligned youngster. Serves as a good reminder for all scribes, including many of us mere mortals who happily rip into young players, calling them all sorts of names on these forums and elsewhere. Bravo Bucks, we all need to hear this...

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, reckon Melbs are going to drop out of the Top4 altogether, myself.

Brisbane will be harder to beat than Pies so I’m pencilling in another loss there.

They’re broken and they know it. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon too soon. The “daylight and then Melbourne” comments were made when they hadn’t played any ‘contenders’. Now they’re getting found out, and proving the pundits got them very wrong.

Reckon they’ll end up somewhere between 4th & 7th, after the dust settles, myself.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really luv Bucks for this refreshing and much needed perspective of a somewhat maligned youngster. Serves as a good reminder for all scribes, including many of us mere mortals who happily rip into young players, calling them all sorts of names on these forums and elsewhere. Bravo Bucks, we all need to hear this...

I had no great love for Buckley as a player, particularly when he deserted my beloved Lions to go to Collingwood. As a coach I think the whole Malthouse to Buckley transition was handled terribly by all parties and Nathan didn't cover himself in glory around the Lumumba issue. I also think he underperformed with the squad he had at Collingwood - I'll never forgive him for letting the Eagles back into the 2018 grand final!

However, I have been incredibly impressed with him since he moved into the media. He is insightful, one of the few Victorian commentators who actually seems to know and care about Fremantle, and he is not afraid to speak the truth. Unlike guys like Cornes he is not just a "shock jock", he seems like a really passionate football person and an astute analyst to boot.

A breath of fresh air amongst the festering turds in AFL media land.

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had no great love for Buckley as a player, particularly when he deserted my beloved Lions to go to Collingwood. As a coach I think the whole Malthouse to Buckley transition was handled terribly by all parties and Nathan didn't cover himself in glory around the Lumumba issue. I also think he underperformed with the squad he had at Collingwood - I'll never forgive him for letting the Eagles back into the 2018 grand final!

However, I have been incredibly impressed with him since he moved into the media. He is insightful, one of the few Victorian commentators who actually seems to know and care about Fremantle, and he is not afraid to speak the truth. Unlike guys like Cornes he is not just a "shock jock", he seems like a really passionate football person and an astute analyst to boot.

A breath of fresh air amongst the festering turds in AFL media land.
He is hard to fathom. I thought he was a little overrated as a player, that he handled the Malthouse transition with enormous grace, and while coaching Mayne and Treloar were both poorly handled, as well as Lumumba. I agree he underachieved as a coach.

I like him a lot in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I'm going to need an immediate shower after typing this, but here goes....
GO TIGERS!!!!

Quay Club

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2008
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle

Buckley would be the best qualified in the media to comment on this given he was drafted to a club he didn't want to play for.

Sometimes we forget that some of these boys are only 18 and the pressures of being the number 1 draft pick and the expectation placed on them is huge.

He is playing for a club that is struggling in all departments in a state he obviously doesn't want to be in.

Hopefully North get compensated adequately when he does leave because they definitely need all the help they can get!

Blind Benny

Draftee
Jun 13, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyways back to the footy.

Tomorrow night's game is hooge!

Richmond playing for spot in the 8, maybe even 6th. Carlton looking to go a game ahead in the top 4. Naturally I'll be going for tigers as I'd rather say my Nanna nude than barrack for Carlton. No dusty makes a difference. I think the baggers get the roses

Blind Benny

Draftee
Jun 13, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
That guy with the same picture as you, what did he say to get banned?
Oh yer I've heard about him, he's a good bloke, has no filter but means we'll. I think he has ventured onto other boards and hung s**t on them or in millennial speak "trolled" them. I'm told he's on his very best behaviour from now on and will do his best to fly right even after half a block of great northern 🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back