Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously, Dillon’s spiel is a bit of a cop out - why the heck would clubs be doing it if they didn’t get a competitive advantage. 🙄 50 grand in the soft cap is a drop in the ocean.
That was my take too - to suggest that clubs were doing it for any other reason than not omitting players for H&S protocols is trying to pull the wool over the public's eyes.

Seriously, Dillon’s spiel is a bit of a cop out - why the heck would clubs be doing it if they didn’t get a competitive advantage. 🙄 50 grand in the soft cap is a drop in the ocean.
It could just be players getting lazy and clubs not checking on them. Once you’ve had it, you definitely care a lot less.

It could just be players getting lazy and clubs not checking on them. Once you’ve had it, you definitely care a lot less.
That's possible. The clubs also get fined if they don't know where the players are within a reasonable period of time while they are overseas should ASADA wish to drop in and test them.

It's also possible that a player who lived with another player was symptomatic and wouldn't be playing but if the player tested positive then the housemate would also be withdrawn from playing - and the club really didn't want that to happen. They had RATs photographed and sent through multiple times of the same photograph of the same negative test.

My problem with relying on Carlton is that their game starts 2 hours after the Dogs/Hawks game in Tassie. If they are in close one with Collingwood and at halftime find out that the Hawks have won, can you rely on them being professional enough not to go into self-preservation mode knowing that finals are locked in? I'm not so sure.

My problem with relying on Carlton is that their game starts 2 hours after the Dogs/Hawks game in Tassie. If they are in close one with Collingwood and at halftime find out that the Hawks have won, can you rely on them being professional enough not to go into self-preservation mode knowing that finals are locked in? I'm not so sure.

Quite a few people in the media have called for the games to be played at the same time. It would not have been hard for the AFL to adjust the start times on Monday. But they care more about money and advertising than integrity. Just have to hope the Dogs win easily.

They will still want to win. They won't want to have gone five weeks without a win before their finals starts.

They will still want to win. They won't want to have gone five weeks without a win before their finals starts.
The last round can throw up some strange results when pressure is heaped on some teams and the others have nothing to lose. If Richmond drop their Essendon game, winning might mean a rematch v pies at the G vs having to play Brisbane in Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll also add that Ginnivan was basically coached into mentioning mental health when Sarah Jones (I think it was) straight up asked him after a game along the lines of "how are you handling all this attention, it can't be easy"...

I agree, if he wants to act like a tool and rev up the opposition AND the opposition's fans then he has to be prepared to cop it back. It's McRae's fault too. Pull him into line.

Quite a few people in the media have called for the games to be played at the same time. It would not have been hard for the AFL to adjust the start times on Monday. But they care more about money and advertising than integrity. Just have to hope the Dogs win easily.

They do that in the EPL over in England and it's mostly brilliant. Mind you, every club has their own home ground they can readily use so that would create quite a few logistical problems for the VFL where half the comp essentially play out of 2/3 stadiums

I'll also add that Ginnivan was basically coached into mentioning mental health when Sarah Jones (I think it was) straight up asked him after a game along the lines of "how are you handling all this attention, it can't be easy"...

I agree, if he wants to act like a tool and rev up the opposition AND the opposition's fans then he has to be prepared to cop it back. It's McRae's fault too. Pull him into line.
Craig McRae at training E2378DD7-A957-4586-B437-ABF1FDD9D9C5.gif

Just calling him out for the entitled little s**t he is. Proved my point too.

If you give it to the supporters, u have to take it too.

If you talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk.

A player like Acker did that, no complaints.

If you give it and then can’t take, that is where the problem lays.

Caro and Eddie going to break a story that will change the face of football apparently

Tonight at 9:40 on “Footy Class” (expression trademarked for exclusive use by C. Hutchinson)

Noble might be a very smart guy, but the optics of hiring someone that was just sacked as a coach having won five matches in 38 to review your club?
St Kilda are the gift that keep giving.

Noble might be a very smart guy, but the optics of hiring someone that was just sacked as a coach having won five matches in 38 to review your club?
St Kilda are the gift that keep giving.
Tbf he was always more of a footy dept guy than a coach so it could be a good move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back