Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Going to be worse than a grand final as far as crowd support.
Character building stuff, win or lose.
We went through this a few years ago, and got through it.

You make it work in your favour by keeping the pressure on and making them doubt themselves.Then the crowd becomes a burden for them.

I reckon you're going to win.

I'm pretty sure Ross is done with coaching. He said before Carlton were interested in him that he was done, but then when they showed interest he thought about it. Then some rumours about some of the Carlton board not wanting him came out and I think he realised that he was done with all the off field politics of football and pulled out of the race, and that it's easier in the media.

"I ran into Leigh Matthews and it was a really simple conversation at the end of one of our games.

"I'd certainly closed it and I saw Leigh, and Leigh doesn't talk a lot but he's very respected, and he said, 'Mate, you going to coach again?'.

"And I said, 'Nah I'm done mate', and he goes, 'You're too young, you miss game day, you need to coach again'.

Reckon we will have a lot of support from the non-Collingwood Victorians too, but yeah, will probably be 70% Collingwood ferals, 5% Freo and 25% neutral as opposed ot mostly neutral for a GF so probably still the loudest most hostile crowd we have ever faced.
or will ever face...
good to get it out of the way.

How long is too long out of the game for Ross to never coach again? It will be four years by the end of next year.
i don't reckon he's coaching again

Am going to go out on a limb and say Choco williams will be a senior AFL coach again. That will be at least 12 years. Not quite the same as the Lyon situation but still reckon it will happen.
Chocco has still been involved in footy at a club level. Would be well equipped to coach again tomorrow if called upon. If Ross ever wants to coach again he will need to return to a club as a senior assistant or director of coaching or head of football. He's now spent too long away from a club.

Chocco has still been involved in footy at a club level. Would be well equipped to coach again tomorrow if called upon. If Ross ever wants to coach again he will need to return to a club as a senior assistant or director of coaching or head of football. He's now spent too long away from a club.
Not quite sure about that. Chocco stepped away from the AFL completely for 6 years. Took 2 years off then went to Werribee. If he manages to be a senior AFL coach after not being one for 15 odd years then that would be a fairly large Pete Bell size feather in his cap.

Is it a bit of a hot take to suggest Carlton would probably be playing finals this year if they hired Lyon instead of Voss. Of course Lyon brings his own problems but still. Top end talent at Carlton is high and yet they finished 9th. Lyon is the kinda coach to get the most out of the lesser talents as well.....

Freomaniac just trolling Blooz fans on the main board. As much as I want to say he shouldn't do it because it's not good to punch down......

Carlton supporters can eat a bag of donkey dildos.
Not so much trolling all of the Carltonistan fans. More like that one Carlton fan that always sank the boots in.

Always claimed that Carlton had the better list. And also predicted the dockers to finish as low as 14th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon fans being happy they missed out on Lyon on the mb is great. It's like getting rejected for asking out your crush and you deflect by saying "good, I was only asking you out on a dare" then going and crying yourself to sleep

Essendon fans being happy they missed out on Lyon on the mb is great. It's like getting rejected for asking out your crush and you deflect by saying "good, I was only asking you out on a dare" then going and crying yourself to sleep

Apparently a bloke with a ~60% win percentage and 3 grand final appearances isn't good enough for a club which hasn't won a final in nearly 20 years.

Apparently a bloke with a ~60% win percentage and 3 grand final appearances isn't good enough for a club which hasn't won a final in nearly 20 years.
barring a surprise resurgence and strong season from them next year, there will likely be a first year player next year who would have won more finals then Essendon have in their life time.

7 years for Jacob Hopper? And they have to trade for him?

What dafuq is Richmond thinking there?

Dunno how you guys feel about chatting to our players when they're out and about. Saw Jye Amiss at the local IGA last night and simply said 'Hey Jye, well done over the weekend' and wandered off again to go back to my shopping. He's got a beautiful soft humble energy about him, and weirdly looks shorter in person that I expected!

The can skip out on the draft for two years and inject two top level midfielders into their squad for the rest of their careers, better than trying to fill their squad with teenagers and waiting for their old elite talent to retire - may as well try and win another flag now.

This is what I was talking about when I said GWS will be packed with picks and if they really want Meek then we could get a much better deal than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back