Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the rules for West Coasts WAFL top ups? Where do they get their non AFL players from? Do they get paid?

They have some bog ordinary players in their WAFL team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What are the rules for West Coasts WAFL top ups? Where do they get their non AFL players from? Do they get paid?

They have some bog ordinary players in their WAFL team

They basically have to top up with amateurs players. Whether they get paid or not I do not know.

Next three matches are crucial. Win all three and we are all but assured a finals spot. Win all three by 4+ goals and we’ve got a competitive percentage to push for a top 6 spot.
we’d also probably need to win two of the dogs, cats (in Geelong), pies, lions and port games to make sixth, assuming we win the others

Was just snooping around on the Carlton board and one of their posters provided the balance sheets for the club for the last 15 years
Can someone explain how a football club attracts $18 million worth of “grants “ in a year (2021) ?

That’s a lot of paper bags 😉

1685282210626.png

Brisbane just dont have the mentality in big games. imagine in a tight final and you look towards your forwards and its joe daniher and eric hipwood looking back at you, fmd. and theyre still carrying pensioners in rich and zorko who are so easily exploited. also * em cost me $600 losing to the crows

pies have that self belief and 90k fans supporting them as well, will be tough to beat them on the day. none of their players really give up, maynard, moore, noble, daicos, those guys just breed the confidence. theyre fun to watch tbh

They basically have to top up with amateurs players. Whether they get paid or not I do not know.

No wonder they are so s**t. What a horrible environment for their kids to go learn the caper. Nothing is more demoralising or confidence sapping as a player when you bust your gut out but your teammates let you down all the time. Simple things like running to support, running past for the handball go out the window when you play with crabs. Not sure how they fix that. I presume its because all the WAFL clubs have their zones and WC are not allowed to intrude into those zones, but can they pick up ex-AFL players at least?

Brisbane just dont have the mentality in big games. imagine in a tight final and you look towards your forwards and its joe daniher and eric hipwood looking back at you, fmd. and theyre still carrying pensioners in rich and zorko who are so easily exploited. also * em cost me $600 losing to the crows

pies have that self belief and 90k fans supporting them as well, will be tough to beat them on the day. none of their players really give up, maynard, moore, noble, daicos, those guys just breed the confidence. theyre fun to watch tbh
100% agree on Daniher and Hipwood. Have zero faith in them in big games. Especially Daniher, he's like the gifted student that aced high school doing nothing but then flunks out at Uni. It was all too easy for him growing up and he doesn't have the drive required to push through when it gets hard. I can't get over how talented that guy is and yet is some way off being the best player in the comp (which he should be).

And do expect Rich to get exploited big time in big games. So slow.

Was just snooping around on the Carlton board and one of their posters provided the balance sheets for the club for the last 15 years
Can someone explain how a football club attracts $18 million worth of “grants “ in a year (2021) ?

View attachment 1699395
probably more like Vi$y reinforced cardboard

he's like the gifted student that aced high school doing nothing but then flunks out at Uni. It was all too easy for him growing up and he doesn't have the drive required to push through when it gets hard. I can't get over how talented that guy is and yet is some way off being the best player in the comp (which he should be).

And do expect Rich to get exploited big time in big games. So slow.
Hey, leave me out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things getting real ugly at Carlton. The board member that wanted Ross Lyon had a hissyfit in the Blues clubrooms after the loss on Friday Night. Was witnessed by many. Has been sacked today.

That's Bruce Mathieson's son I think.
Mathieson has put as much money in to the Tankers as Visy

No wonder they are so s**t. What a horrible environment for their kids to go learn the caper. Nothing is more demoralising or confidence sapping as a player when you bust your gut out but your teammates let you down all the time. Simple things like running to support, running past for the handball go out the window when you play with crabs. Not sure how they fix that. I presume its because all the WAFL clubs have their zones and WC are not allowed to intrude into those zones, but can they pick up ex-AFL players at least?

Fix it, .... the Eagles swallow their pride and go back to the WAFL Commission, and next year look at spreading their “reserve” players around the WAFL teams.

Things getting real ugly at Carlton. The board member that wanted Ross Lyon had a hissyfit in the Blues clubrooms after the loss on Friday Night. Was witnessed by many. Has been sacked today.

Lol the Sayers comment about 'running a process' to find a replacement director is high level trolling

Most likely Govt grants for "community facilities". Every club does it. Build a new facility then include some community component to get access to grants. In Carlton's case, perhaps a drug injecting "safe room" facility or another pokies venue.

Fix it, .... the Eagles swallow their pride and go back to the WAFL Commission, and next year look at spreading their “reserve” players around the WAFL teams.
You mean admit they made a mistake? They’ll just ruin 2-3 drafts worth of kids first before they half clean out the ivory tower and maybe fix it. Maybe.

It’s glorious

Have they burned their bridges with the WAFL clubs in regards to an alignment like Dockers-Peel?

What a glorious mess they have got themselves into there.

Feel sorry for the kids that get drafted and have to go there though.

Have they burned their bridges with the WAFL clubs in regards to an alignment like Dockers-Peel?

What a glorious mess they have got themselves into there.

Feel sorry for the kids that get drafted and have to go there though.

Honestly how do you think Harley Reid would be feeling about now?

Given the state of their list, Harley will never have to play WAFL though!! Tough choice - play the "I'll go home first chance I get" card and wind up at North Melbourne. Or go to West Coast.
There's a bit to like about North. Can't say the same about West Coast. In 3 years time North could be a promising club to move to.

I see Paddy McCartin has been ruled out for the season with concussion issues. Such a shame.

But seriously the poor bloke should put his health first and give it away. If he wont, then perhaps someone in authority should step in. Maybe the club or even the AFL itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back