Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did draft 14 that year so he’s left out quite a few that played less than ten games for the club.

Jay van Berlo probably played more games than the other five combined - had his flash in the pan against the Western Bulldogs where he kicked four on Anzac Day (???) but otherwise didn’t quite look up to it.

Still a very good draft for us overall.
Yes I could of added Jay van Berlo, Ben Bucoviz , Chris Hall and Tim Ruffles

Yes I could of added Jay van Berlo, Ben Bucoviz , Chris Hall and Tim Ruffles
That Bulldogs game that Jay van Berlo actually played well in was an absolute cracker.

Four goals each to Jay van Berlo and Kepler Bradley. The win was sealed by a Nick Lower goal from 45m.

That whole second paragraph sounds like a pisstake but it all actually happened. Great memories for a home and away game.

That Bulldogs game that Jay van Berlo actually played well in was an absolute cracker.

Four goals each to Jay van Berlo and Kepler Bradley. The win was sealed by a Nick Lower goal from 45m.

That whole second paragraph sounds like a pisstake but it all actually happened. Great memories for a home and away game.
I was at that game and i had no voice for about a week afterwards.

I am told work will shortly start on the statueView attachment 1895899

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am not sure what territory we've gotten into with this s**t now. I've gone past hilarious, past cringe, past embarrassing for WA to be associated with that paper and I think I'm now just getting over nauseating. Maybe we are getting into certifiably insane or something because I dont know what the * they are doing.

I do feel for the poor kid, would have been much easier going to a Vic club

I am not sure what territory we've gotten into with this s**t now. I've gone past hilarious, past cringe, past embarrassing for WA to be associated with that paper and I think I'm now just getting over nauseating. Maybe we are getting into certifiably insane or something because I dont know what the * they are doing.

I am sincerely hoping it drives him out of town. The loss of the eagles nuffy reader would finally be the death of the west

For the foreseeable future we can expect to see Basil on the front page, Harley on the back page and NicNat in the social pages
Happy Good News GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

I can see it now

"Caleb Serong is your 2024 Brownlow winner" and you can read all about his famous win in page 3 of the West Australian.

Front page
"Harley Reid takes a s**t in a pub toilet and we bring the The West an exclusive on what it both smells and tastes like!"

I can see it now

"Caleb Serong is your 2024 Brownlow winner" and you can read all about his famous win in page 3 of the West Australian.

Front page
"Harley Reid takes a s**t in a pub toilet and NicNat gives us his opinion on what it means about his elite preparation
FTFY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sincerely hoping it drives him out of town. The loss of the eagles nuffy reader would finally be the death of the west
Nah, he seems like a good kid. I hope he falls in love with Perth, but detests the AFL. So he quits and becomes a superstar pro surfer who channel 7 need to support to return their investment making all W.A. people proud (except random angry Eagles fans).
And he wins an Olympic gold medal, thanking the media for making him realise his true dream.

Nah, he seems like a good kid. I hope he falls in love with Perth, but detests the AFL. So he quits and becomes a superstar pro surfer who channel 7 need to support to return their investment making all W.A. people proud (except random angry Eagles fans).
And he wins an Olympic gold medal, thanking the media for making him realise his true dream.

That's fair too. He does seem like a decent kid, I wish him no ill will personally. There's plenty of room for him to be a decent kid in melbourne

Has the point been made? In case there is doubt, 7west media favour west coast over Fremantle. The best response is probably to grow up and shrug it off. Instead.....

Has the point been made? In case there is doubt, 7west media favour west coast over Fremantle. The best response is probably to grow up and shrug it off. Instead.....
What’s wrong with having a chip on our shoulders? If it galvanizes and unites us it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Plus the Harley love is beyond cringe and worthy of ridicule.

What’s wrong with having a chip on our shoulders? If it galvanizes and unites us it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Plus the Harley love is beyond cringe and worthy of ridicule.
I get it and I used to feel the same but I have moved beyond it. We're 30 years stuck in a rut of defining ourselves by how we measure up in relation to one team. I no longer give a *, and it's well past the time that we moved on (which to be fair I think some of the playing and coaching group are also doing by saying that the derby is just another game).

The only reason I can see for caring that 7west favour them would be if there was no soft cap, but now there is one I care about them no more or less than 16 other teams

I think it’s proving the point that everything we bang on about here regarding the eagles supporters and their cringeworthy mess is pretty close to the mark

I actually had to look this game up.... and yes I have got a good memory of certain games.

I finally found that game that fit your description.

Round 5, 2011.

Dockers win 12.13.85 to dogs 11.12.78 in Subiaco.

I have to Admit.... Jay Van Berlo wasnt a bad player. He wasnt great, but he was handy on a good day. Reminded me of a Typical versatile rotation player of the Ross Lyon finals era of 2012-5 such as a nick suban or Matt De Boer or Clancee Pearce.

Ruffles could really play. I think he would have made it except for injury.
Even just Hill, Balla, Walter’s is a very good draft.
I remember Tim Ruffles briefly. I remember a random dockers game he kicked and snapped a goal from a tight angle.

But him Being Born in NSW and recruited from Victoria, I reckon he might of had a chance to make it in AFL had he not been injured.

He was on Freos list from 2009-2011. Had his body not been injured, what would possibly happen? He only played 5 games in 3 seasons. Had he been fit, at only 180 cm, I could of seen him get a good run of games. Possibly play 15-20, maybe 25 games in 3 years until 2011 then GWS trades him on their Inaugural or Original list in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back