Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does she influence? I ask because I’m 67 and have no idea how this influencer thing works.

A real influencer is someone with a wide public profile- actor, sportsman, model who gets given free s**t by companies that they wear or use on social media as advertising. It’s no different than using famous people on TV to flog stuff.

The internet, social media, instagram & the like has given rise to a new breed of influencer such that any tacky bogan with no skills, taste or actual achievements can create an account, label themselves an influencer & it becomes a substitute for actually doing anything productive.

It’s become a cliche now so much that the term is quite pejorative applied to WAGS & similar Z grade “celebrities”.

There is quite a cohort of anti-vax “influencers” online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ask Geelong supporters what they think of Kelly's wife!

If there is anything outside of their anger about her wanting to come home to family support networks when having special needs children I haven't heard it... which is a possibility. If it is just that, I think that the Geelong supporters should get over it.

It would be one of the clear examples of exigent circumstances.

If there is other stuff... fair enough.

If there is anything outside of their anger about her wanting to come home to family support networks when having special needs children I haven't heard it... which is a possibility. If it is just that, I think that the Geelong supporters should get over it.

It would be one of the clear examples of exigent circumstances.

If there is other stuff... fair enough.
I think Geelong people would say the club bent over backwards for the Kelly family - in particular his Mrs, given the special needs kids and the lack of family support directly available.

I think Geelong people would say the club bent over backwards for the Kelly family - in particular his Mrs, given the special needs kids and the lack of family support directly available.

I am sure all clubs would. As someone who has resources, there is nothing like Grandma, especially on the mothers side of the family. My wife much prefers her mum to help with the little one than anyone else. Get what you are saying, I would hope that in those circumstances I wouldn't be upset with the family. I would just hope that we got the best deal possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure all clubs would. As someone who has resources, there is nothing like Grandma, especially on the mothers side of the family. My wife much prefers her mum to help with the little one than anyone else. Get what you are saying, I would hope that in those circumstances I wouldn't be upset with the family. I would just hope that we got the best deal possible.
Pretty sure he could have gotten back a year earlier if he had been less chosey about which WA club he wanted to go to. Oh well ancient history now.

Pretty sure he could have gotten back a year earlier if he had been less chosey about which WA club he wanted to go to. Oh well ancient history now.
That’s the thing. He wasn’t truly home sick, as we became potentially interested. Instead he demanded and pushed Geelong towards west coast. Ah well. At least we didn’t give up multiple picks and future for a mid 20 third best midfielder.

Geelong and WC both regarded Kelly as the difference maker who would give them the best shot at a premiership.

We would never fall for that kind of thinking.
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

That’s the thing. He wasn’t truly home sick, as we became potentially interested. Instead he demanded and pushed Geelong towards west coast. Ah well. At least we didn’t give up multiple picks and future for a mid 20 third best midfielder.

Think about it, would you like to have Serong or Kelly ?.

That is the bottom line, from trading picks for the established player.

The internet, social media, instagram & the like has given rise to a new breed of influencer such that any tacky bogan with no skills, taste or actual achievements can create an account, label themselves an influencer & it becomes a substitute for actually doing anything productive.

Brilliant post E Shed, love your work and I couldn't agree more. Instead of flogging s**t on late night TV, they're now flogging s**t on social media.

Think about it, would you like to have Serong or Kelly ?.

That is the bottom line, from trading picks for the established player.

Serong and Kelly are both good players but give me Serong any day as he is a very good player now and is likely to be a genuine star for the next ten years.

Kelly at his peak was an exceptionally good player but seems to have tailed off since moving back to WA.

Shuey done already? Don’t see how he can play midfield full time?
Hard to see where the speed comes from in that side. Think they added more grunt, sure, but still missing leg speed.

Will Chesser help with that off half-back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back