Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a 30-year-old, Luke Shuey sure seems to be getting his fair share of soft-tissue injuries.

Jack Redden took a long time to become a halfway decent AFL player. I am actually surprised to discover he is turning 31.

Josh Kennedy is 34 this year
Saw him in my local cafe this morning. At least he lives in the good part of Perth, even if he plays for a s**t footy team. Just a shame that there was the stench of Eagle in a quiet coffee shop in Freo. Then I remembered he's one of a very few ok ones, so I decided to let him stay. I see Benny Boy around now and again - you could always redraft him if you want an injection of youth in your team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand corrected however Murdoch/Stokes they are the same animal with the same vested interests. If you think it is merely a conspiracy that these media moguls give the LNP an armchair ride when it suits their agenda and business interests to have them in power and in their pockets then I'm not sure much can be done to help that I'm afraid.
Enjoy the lift out I guess.
Hey now, they're not the same, sometimes they disagree on which Liberal should be PM https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09...upert-murdoch-kerry-stokes-influence/10262552

jfc Jayden Short had 43 disposals (35 kicks) and 957m gained tonight.

Grimes the key to Richmond imo.
Once he went off the field the tall Pies forwards dominated.
(It was just a scratch match)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’ll be an injection of some sort.
Probably many if he managed to get back into the organisation.*

*Over the years I have developed great compassion for Cousins. Addiction is a cruel disease, and unfortunately is often a result of poor mental health. He’s not as addict by choice, it’s most likely his way of self-medicating. My quip was more about the aging Eagles squad that Ben’s addiction, although the ‘injection’ was intentional, and it did lend itself to a follow up comments. These days I think ‘poor Ben’, and the joke is on the ‘We applaud what you have overcome’ brigade.

So Willie cheated on two drug tests and still only got a 2 year ban?

He'll probably win lotto next.

Yep twice the suspension that Essendon players got for actually injecting dozens of doses of PED's over multiple years and repeatidly lying to ASADA on disclosure forms requiring all drugs being administered to be listed. Then the club burned all the records and argued they did nothing wrong.

Willie smoked pot, panicked, spat gatorade into a vile in front of ASADA and then promptly admitted he stuffed up through stupidity. But he got twice the penalty of actual systematic drug cheats who as a club were deceptive, lied and pleaded innocence.

So to say Willie got off lightly isnt correct when compared to Essendon players penalties.

Yep twice the suspension that Essendon players got for actually injecting dozens of doses of PED's over multiple years and repeatidly lying to ASADA on disclosure forms requiring all drugs being administered to be listed. Then the club burned all the records and argued they did nothing wrong.

Willie smoked pot, panicked, spat gatorade into a vile in front of ASADA and then promptly admitted he stuffed up through stupidity. But he got twice the penalty of actual systematic drug cheats who as a club were deceptive, lied and pleaded innocence.

So to say Willie got off lightly isnt correct when compared to Essendon players penalties.
Tampering is a worse offence. Despite your slant on the events, at least there's a case that could be made for plausible deniability with the Effendum case.

He did get off lightly. The Essendon players’ (and esp the club) was pure corruption. It’s not a true comparison. Imo those players should have got at least two years, and the club banned from the competition for a season. But my opinion on the severity of what I believe they should have got is immaterial.
Whatever happened with Essendon is mutually exclusive with Rioli’s ban - and he’s bloody lucky to only get 2 years.

Yeah tampering is the issue.
The only reason Willie Bong Boy got 2 years, coz he tested +ve for ganja, and if he didn't he'd be in deeper s**t.

He did get off lightly. The Essendon players’ (and esp the club) was pure corruption. It’s not a true comparison. Imo those players should have got at least two years, and the club banned from the competition for a season. But my opinion on the severity of what I believe they should have got is immaterial.
Whatever happened with Essendon is mutually exclusive with Rioli’s ban - and he’s bloody lucky to only get 2 years.
The same luck that Crowley received via the same 50% reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back