Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outrage? Hahaha. Nice try. I don't know what you think you're aim is trying it on here but you're entirely unconvincing.
There is no aim, there is a blood thirst for Willie from Freo fans. He received the same 50% discount as your own cheat.

In the grand scheme of things Crowley & Rioli copped it harsh compared to Essendon

Where was your outage when Crowley received the same 50% reduction that Willie got?
You've been told multiple times but you stick your head in the sand and pretend you never heard it. Willie broke multiple rules including TAMPERING WITH THE TEST.
If they had both been caught with illegal substance and not tampering with the test (that Willie also did) then both getting 50% reduced term would be appropriate.

You've been told multiple times but you stick your head in the sand and pretend you never heard it. Willie broke multiple rules including TAMPERING WITH THE TEST.
If they had both been caught with illegal substance and not tampering with the test (that Willie also did) then both getting 50% reduced term would be appropriate.
Yeah which is why he faced 4 years and not 2 like Crowley, i didn't miss that part

I think you have alzheimers old mate. Your stuck in a circular defence which never absorbs information presented.
Unsure what this new/other information is you're presenting?

It is irrelevant that he tampered twice. He only faced 4 years for his offenses, he got a 50% discount

I was wrong about the 4 years

But Taylor's point about 50% reduction makes sense

Crowley faced 2 got 1. Rioli faced 4 got 2... Same for Essendon

Thanks for schooling me Taylor :thumbsu:
The Rioli ban is done. I think 1 year bean should of been enough. It was Weed.

I have seen players do a knee injury and are out for 12 months. To me 12 months is a long time in Footy, let alone life.

Wayne Milera only played 2 games in 2020 becuase he had a foot injury. Sadly he done his ACL in a Trial game vs Port recently and will face 6-9 months in the side lines, essentially rules him out playing for the crows in 2021. Had Wayne Milera did that injury Like in july or August this season, sure it would of been a 6-9 month injury but he would of been fit by round 1, 2022.

I mean Mike Tyson got caught smoking weed before a fight vs Andrew Golata in 2000. Tyson didnt get a 1 year ban, he got fined heavily though.

Mike Tyson did serve a 1 year Ban for biting Evander Holyfields ear off in June of 1997. Plus Tyson got a 3 million dollar fine for that incident too. So Mike tyson spent 1998 being banned from boxing. In late 1998 the Boxing Comittee voted 4-1 in Favour of Tyson to fight again and Tyson next bout was in January of 1999.

The Rioli ban is done. I think 1 year bean should of been enough. It was Weed.

I have seen players do a knee injury and are out for 12 months. To me 12 months is a long time in Footy, let alone life.

Wayne Milera only played 2 games in 2020 becuase he had a foot injury. Sadly he done his ACL in a Trial game vs Port recently and will face 6-9 months in the side lines, essentially rules him out playing for the crows in 2021. Had Wayne Milera did that injury Like in july or August this season, sure it would of been a 6-9 month injury but he would of been fit by round 1, 2022.

I mean Mike Tyson got caught smoking weed before a fight vs Andrew Golata in 2000. Tyson didnt get a 1 year ban, he got fined heavily though.

Mike Tyson did serve a 1 year Ban for biting Evander Holyfields ear off in June of 1997. Plus Tyson got a 3 million dollar fine for that incident too. So Mike tyson spent 1998 being banned from boxing. In late 1998 the Boxing Comittee voted 4-1 in Favour of Tyson to fight again and Tyson next bout was in January of 1999.
See i don't think 1 year was enough. Tampering with a test needs a harsh punishment. Facing 4 years is spot on and the eventual 2 years out is a hefty ban whichever was you look at it. A good message to make the players think.

Whether it was only weed doesn't matter, the players know the rules. Much like no one really batted an eye lid that Crowley was rocking the social scene on the regular with "pain relief"

Unsure what this new/other information is you're presenting?

It is irrelevant that he tampered twice. He only faced 4 years for his offenses, he got a 50% discount
I'll refresh your memory. The 4 years was a policy change not a penalty on Willies specific case for example anyone caught now would be facing 4 years if they tamper or not.

I'll refresh your memory. The 4 years was a policy change not a penalty on Willies specific case for example anyone caught now would be facing 4 years if they tamper or not.
Taylor already schooled me on that earlier :thumbsu:

Doesn't change anything

Does anyone have a digital copy of the 8 page story in The Worst? Not giving them a cent of my money

2yrs is fine. Rubbish process to get there, leaving someone in suspended animation while getting to a decision is really poor. Same with Sam Murray - can wipe out a career.

I hope Willie can get back, he is good for the game. But FM the West knows how to push my buttons. 8 pages. Ridiculous. I can’t imagine a younger Son Son would get the same treatment if he was caught in similar circumstances earlier in his career. I’m not for a minute suggesting Son Son is/was a drug user, just highlighting the ridiculous slant of our local rag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2yrs is fine. Rubbish process to get there, leaving someone in suspended animation while getting to a decision is really poor. Same with Sam Murray - can wipe out a career.

I hope Willie can get back, he is good for the game. But FM drunk, the West knows how to push my buttons. 8 pages. Ridiculous. I can’t imagine a younger Son Son would get the same treatment if he was caught in similar circumstances earlier in his career. I’m not for a minute suggesting Son Son is/was a drug user, just highlighting the ridiculous slant of our local rag.
The key to changing our s**t local rag is years of sustained success. Your list is looking better than ever to make that happen.

The key to changing our sh*t local rag is years of sustained success. Your list is looking better than ever to make that happen.

Or maybe it's being first to the market with early success. You guys got a free ride with the rag 20 years ago, nothing has changed.

It's possible that the AFL told Willie Rioli that they would put the stall on it in order to prevent WADA taking him for the full four years for tampering with a test result.

That's right up their alley. They learned their lesson on Essendon when their tribunal looked for any reason it could to throw it out and WADA saw through it.

See i don't think 1 year was enough. Tampering with a test needs a harsh punishment. Facing 4 years is spot on and the eventual 2 years out is a hefty ban whichever was you look at it. A good message to make the players think.

Whether it was only weed doesn't matter, the players know the rules. Much like no one really batted an eye lid that Crowley was rocking the social scene on the regular with "pain relief"
Crowley got done using a banned substance. It was a pain killer actually. The bloke was already 30 or 31 years old when he did it and got caught. So a 1 year ban for a 30 year old is usually a case of a playing career over.

Rioli got banned for the 2020 season and can play until later this season. Yeah Rioli has a one oe 2 year ban But is only 25 years old. He has some good years left. Suprised he has only played 38 games. Then I realised he was a mature-aged rookie from Glenelg in the SANFL. I saw him play in Glenelg the year he got drafted. I knew he had a good chance to be picked up that season.

He did get off lightly. The Essendon players’ (and esp the club) was pure corruption. It’s not a true comparison. Imo those players should have got at least two years, and the club banned from the competition for a season. But my opinion on the severity of what I believe they should have got is immaterial.
Whatever happened with Essendon is mutually exclusive with Rioli’s ban - and he’s bloody lucky to only get 2 years.

What is worse an entire playing group bar a couple and a club systematically drug cheating and avoiding tests by lying on disclosure forms for years? Then destroying evidence and claiming innocence.

Or one player smoking pot does something stupid in two test but found not to be using PED? Immediately admits fault to ASADA to assist proceedings.

Who should cop the bigger penalty?

BTW I agree and am pleasantly surprised and relieved on the penalty Willie got. But IMO what he did was no way as bad as the Essendon debarcle.

Through purple coloured glasses I can understand your view.

So in your eyes an actual PED drug cheats who repeatidly hid evidence, destroyed evidence and lied repeatidly undertakeing a systematic drug program with their club for several years are are not as bad as a pot smoker who stuffed around in two tests and promptly admitted their mistakes. The findings clearly stated at no time did he seek performancing enhancement smoking pot.

Yep, sounds reaasonable..............through purple stained glasses that is.

And by promptly admitted his mistake you mean after they tested it and realised it was powerade and he was caught out leaving him.no choice but to admit?

What is worse an entire playing group bar a couple and a club systematically drug cheating and avoiding tests by lying on disclosure forms for years? Then destroying evidence and claiming innocence.

Or one player smoking pot does something stupid in two test but found not to be using PED? Immediately admits fault to ASADA to assist proceedings.

Who should cop the bigger penalty?

BTW I agree and am pleasantly surprised and relieved on the penalty Willie got. But IMO what he did was no way as bad as the Essendon debarcle.

Deliberately tampering with a test = smashing with a hammer, vials of blood for testing.

It’s the deliberate tampering that people are pissed off with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back