Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Also fu** Hogan, hope his career goes nowhere, never had less sympathy for an ex-Freo player.
I'm someone that is generally pretty understanding of players wanting to leave or moving on after playing for Freo holding no grudges but I honestly hate that guy. What a douchebag.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Step aside Carlton you’re safe from the AFL media this week.

Surely Nathan Buckley is beyond ****ed if Collingwood lose to North next week. You can almost guarantee the media won’t shut up about it.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Should I feel bad that I don't give a s**t about any of the 6 teams playing in the first 3 games today? I don't care how many goals Hogan kicks. We've beaten 3 of these teams and we should beat the other 3 if we are serious about playing finals.

I'm only keen to see how Brisbane performs without Neale against Port later today, ahead of playing them next week.

Win against WC tomorrow and we'll likely be two games clear of all teams not in the top 7. We could also push WC mighty close to bottom 4. If that isn't motivation then I don't know what is?

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm someone that is generally pretty understanding of players wanting to leave or moving on after playing for Freo holding no grudges but I honestly hate that guy. What a douchebag.

I get it but some heat has to go onto the club as well. They knew about his issues and brought him anyway when we weren't in a position to allow him to succeed.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I was wondering if Collingwood's high tally of points relative to the goals they scored were missed shots or rushed behinds? Inaccurate goal kicking can have serious consequences at times. Almost equal scoring shots but well beaten. Please don't do this tomorrow Freo 🤞

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I get it but some heat has to go onto the club as well. They knew about his issues and brought him anyway when we weren't in a position to allow him to succeed.
Oh yeah it was a howler by the club that deserves plenty of scrutiny, whilst I was generally positive when I heard we got him significant alarm bells did kind of ring at how easily Melbourne seem to let him go.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Oh yeah it was a howler by the club that deserves plenty of scrutiny, whilst I was generally positive when I heard we got him significant alarm bells did kind of ring at how easily Melbourne seem to let him go.
Yes. I thought it was due to ongoing foot injuries.
Who knows what was said & promised. Hogan would not have been filling them in on all his issues.
Melbourne were going the hard sell.
We needed a Messiah.
Hook Line and sinker.

Just imagine if we had been taken for 2 firsts for Cam McCarthy.

Meh, I'm happy for Hogan. He dropped the ball big time for us for sure but he's the only player in the AFL I can genuinely feel for when the 'mental health' card is played. We got him at the wrong time of his maturity (i.e. nowhere near it) and his recovery. Really he just really needed out of Perth. At least in Sydney if he relapses it doesn't rate a mentioned instead of being Front Page news. That's a big thing, at least when he *s up now he can deal with it properly and own up to himself, his teammates and his employers instead of every campaigner on the Southern end of the country by the time it's picked up by the Croc Media affiliates in the Eastern States (at least a majority of whom either have no time for him or explicitly wish him ill).

Good on him for bouncing back and kicking 4. Respect. Question is can he keep it up and actually make a proper run at it or does he piss it all away again?

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
All the hate for Jesse is completely unwarranted.
I’m not a fan of the bloke either - he really didn’t seem to commit to the club (from an outsiders perspective seeing the attitude issues).

But at the end of the day he’s human - same as everyone playing the game. The mans had a shocking run and it’s really a great story if he gets back to his best footy.

It’s not like he came here with the intention of f**king the club around ... it was a bad move to come home - we need to get over it.

Personally I hope he gets back to his best on the field and it helps him sort himself out off it. I can’t understand why anybody would want different for him or any other player in the league. It doesn’t mean you like them, it just means recognising players as people.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back