Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
fu** there’s something nice about Collingwood being sh*t

Not only this but one of the reasons they’re s**t is because they lost their defensive line coach to some team in the west. I hear they’re going alright these days.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Matthew Nichols had a shocker there, that was a 20m kick, plus Rowbottom made no attempt to get the ball out then.

If theres one thing Nicholls isnt very good at, its making decisions around siren time.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I get it but some heat has to go onto the club as well. They knew about his issues and brought him anyway when we weren't in a position to allow him to succeed.
The club didn't want him but they did what they felt was the right thing anyway with hogan on his knees and the media and fans slamming freo with pressure to get him. It didn't work, it is what it is, there's nothing we can do about it. This is one we just have to move on from and stop playing blame game on Freo/Jesse etc.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Geelong gets saved time and time again by umpires. Boo hoo. Win the game by kicking straight. 12.16. Yeah blame the umps.
Selwood melting was delicious. Didn’t get his weekly high tackle free

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geelong gets saved time and time again by umpires. Boo hoo. Win the game by kicking straight. 12.16. Yeah blame the umps.
Selwood melting was delicious. Didn’t get his weekly high tackle free
Bad umpiring is bad umpiring. I enjoyed the result too but surely you can't be protecting Nicholls there. That was absolutely diabolical the last two minutes. I'd be very peed off if that happened to us. Completely swayed by the home crowd.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rewatching the clip posted on reddit and it sounds like it might have been called touched play on.

Dunno if he called touched but you can definitely hear the ump calling play on while the ball was in the air. That is if this is the clip you are talking about.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Dunno if he called touched but you can definitely hear the ump calling play on while the ball was in the air. That is if this is the clip you are talking about.

Nah, he's repeatedly yelling, "Play on - not fifteen."

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

I’m a total neutral with no preference for either club. I just want to see a better standard of umpiring all round.
I have seen several fans online on Twitter and even BF saying the umpire called “touched - play on”
That’s Donald Trump levels of fake news and delusion.

The umpire CLEARLY shouts PLAY ON NOT FIFTEEN about 4 times here in this clip!!!
It’s quite remarkable/laughable how some people just make up something that never happened and aggressively promote it to support their own (usually biased) point of view!

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought the out of bounds slightly earlier would have been paid deliberate slightly earlier in the game
Yeah it looked like Stewart could have marked that if he really tried but let it go out in expectation of a deliberate OOB call that wasn’t given.

Bad umpiring is bad umpiring. I enjoyed the result too but surely you can't be protecting Nicholls there. That was absolutely diabolical the last two minutes. I'd be very peed off if that happened to us. Completely swayed by the home crowd.

Interesting reaction given this was your reaction to the same thing happening to Brisbane against Geelong earlier this year....

Feeling great. Find this Brisbane team very hard to like.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, it was more than 15m. Geelong robbed but also they should be dirty at Clarke’s blatant and stupid push in the back that allowed the Swans an easy out from the Geelong zone which was well set up but then left them vulnerable down back because of the free kick. Swans don’t hit the lead without that stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back