Status
Not open for further replies.

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is something clearly wrong in a comp when one team wins 5 GF's in 8 years and my team, Perth who hasnt been in a GF for over 40 has to be content with a Reserves GF, the first GF of any kind they have won in over 21 years.
Some good.news mate heard today Mayne is lining up for the Dee’s next season.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
There is something clearly wrong in a comp when one team wins 5 GF's in 8 years and my team, Perth who hasnt been in a GF for over 40 has to be content with a Reserves GF, the first GF of any kind they have won in over 21 years.
No according to some individuals on here it is just superior training and culture and professionalism (for 13 GFs out of 18 years)There is no cap or draft rules to stop rich clubs becoming richer or buying Premierships every year.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
There's got to be more to Subiaco's win today just having a good balance sheet. I can see today that Subiaco had a few of their 2018 Colts premiership team playing against SF .

The last time I barracked for them in of their premiership wins was when the beat that East Perth team stacked with Eagles players in the wet.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
We are going to need him to bring about 10 of his mates. Our Colts didn't win a game all season either and average about 4 or 5 goals a game so there is a barren future there. Maybe the WAFC might have to implement new recruiting zones (I'm not too sure of they even those anymore) but to be honest they will look a the crowd today and probably not give a stuff!

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
5 from the last 6 after spooking like hell about Peel's opposition in those two grand finals.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

That's great news!

I could be mischievous and say that it's surprising that he resisted the dosh from Subi, but I won't go there. But seriously, that's a real boon for Perth. I go to a few of their games as guest of a member and sit in on the president's lunch and totally enjoy the experience and know first hand how much they can do with some good news and a quality player.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Will say that the umpiring was substandard on consistency with the holding the ball rule today - and well as missing some other obvious ones with bad positioning.

How many ex AFL players did they have today? How many did South's have? Do you know?

Off the top of my head, only Shaw today. Wilson and Main didn't play through injury but were on Weagles list at one stage. Schlensog was on Geelong's list but didn't play.

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle

That's great news!

I could be mischievous and say that it's surprising that he resisted the dosh from Subi, but I won't go there. But seriously, that's a real boon for Perth. I go to a few of their games as guest of a member and sit in on the president's lunch and totally enjoy the experience and know first hand how much they can do with some good news and a quality player.
They had a horrendous year with injuries most of that ressies premiership side played league this year also heard a delisted Weagle is close to signing.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Off the top of my head, only Shaw today. Wilson and Main didn't play through injury but were on Weagles list at one stage. Schlensog was on Geelong's list but didn't play.

Subi had Matera but he only went there to play with his son who South reportedly pushed out. The teams on paper were fairly even I thought but perhaps South's could've used their ex AFL players.

Subi had Matera but he only went there to play with his son who South reportedly pushed out. The teams on paper were fairly even I thought but perhaps South's could've used their ex AFL players.

Definitely missed Schlensog. Great mark and swingman.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
You can’t mention Nick Suburban & not recall one of the finest tackling techniques of all time. Still makes me laugh.

1633172957670.gif

1633173071075.gif

While on the WAFL, Brock Higgins has retired and it sounds like Blayne Wilson may have retired as well.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
The push in the back in a marking situation was terrible too. They had no idea what they were doing with that.

Agree, but I thought the push in the back ones were more of a problem in the colts game. I was really referring to the league game with holding the ball/ incorrect disposal / prior opportunity interpretations -but there was a bit of what I was griping about in the colts game too.

They do get sucked in with high tackles too, but I suppose they're consistent in that they reward the player that can milk them.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Carlton have been trying to buy a premiership for 20 years and got nowhere.

I think there last preliminary final appearance was 2000.

Havent played in a GF since 1999

And havent won a comp since the year freo entered in 1995

If you haven't got the right culture and the right standards in your club you aint going anywhere.

I just hope Freo beat them to a premiership whenever that happens
I hope we play them in a GF and I get to watch Cerra cry because all of the mates he left has a medal and he doesn’t.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
very old news but i just read that the slime have had a christian chaplain employed full-time at the club since 2019. Ew.

*nothing against someones faith but everything against mingling church and workplace.
Full time!? Jeeze i guess its counted outsside the cap but it shows they have money to burn. Didn't they have to cut some welfare people which is why Simmo made those weird comments about only drafting private school boys? When that stuff is usually counted outside the cap lol very confusing press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back