Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Fiorini and Sexton over Greenwood any day

Ratkins I 100% agree with

There’s at least 4-5 players you’d delist before Greenwood, Fiorini and Sexton imo.

The other issue with Greenwood is that I feel he provides genuine leadership to that group, which is now gone. They’re constantly making the same mistakes since they were brought into the competition. Not enough experienced players to help the youngsters develop. This is partly the AFL’s doing but too many high end picks is somewhat hurting them too, paying them big money to stay resulting in frequent salary dumps and the odd gun player walking out the door as well.

So far they’ve had 11 seasons in the AFL. Only once have they finished outside the bottom five sides. How embarrassing.

I'm back in Bali now and know people who have died (Indonesians) as well as people who are clearly struggling to get their health back (Indonesians and Westerners).
Sorry this has come across wrong, it was in reference to the disparaging of anti Covid Vaxers.

I was referencing (obviously too obliquely) that some people have died here in WA from having the vaccine.
And some have had varying degrees of reactions.

Sorry this has come across wrong, it was in reference to the disparaging of anti Covid Vaxers.

I was referencing (obviously too obliquely) that some people have died here in WA from having the vaccine.
From the 32.7 million doses across Australia there have been 9 deaths linked to immunisation. 8 were from thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) and 1 was from immune thrombocytopenia (ITP). All occurred after the first dose of AstraZeneca.

Unfortunately false information suggesting there have been over 400 deaths from Covid-19 vaccinations in Australia has been spread around.

So 9 deaths linked to vaccines, and 1000+ deaths from Covid so far... Given 90% of the currently eligible Australian population have had their first dose of the vaccine and nowhere near 90% have been exposed to Covid-19 the numbers are pretty self explanatory imo.

Last edited:
From the 32.7 million doses across Australia there have been 9 deaths linked to immunisation. All 9 were people over 65, 8 were from thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) and 1 was from immune thrombocytopenia (ITP). All occurred after the first dose of AstraZeneca.

Unfortunately false information suggesting there have been over 400 deaths from Covid-19 vaccinations in Australia has been spread around.

So 9 deaths linked to vaccines, and 1000+ deaths from Covid so far... Given 90% of the currently eligible Australian population have had their first dose of the vaccine and nowhere near 90% have been exposed to Covid-19 the numbers are pretty self explanatory imo.
I’m not going to get into a debate with you, I don’t know the figures or supposed figures.
But that take is wrong.

At least one person much younger than 65 has died.

I’m not going to get into a debate with you, I don’t know the figures or supposed figures.
But that take is wrong.

At least one person much younger than 65 has died.
"your take is wrong but I don't want to debate" :) My intention wasn't to debate, it was to provide some factual information in a world full of BS spread via social media.

I have re-checked the over 65 bit and edited my original post and also found data more recent than my last post. Only linked death from WA was a 61yo woman back in June (she was the very rare ITP case). Deaths in Australia linked to vaccines:

9. 59yo QLD woman
8. 54yo NSW man
7. 34yo NSW woman
6. 48yo VIC woman
5. 44yo TAS man
4. 72yo SA woman
3. 61yo WA woman
2. 52yo NSW woman
1. 48yo NSW woman

So there remains only 9 deaths total from 36.77 million doses (includes 13.2m AZ). The administering of vaccines has also continually improved and there have been no vaccine-linked deaths since August.

To mid November...

There have been a total of 160 cases of TTS. 47 ended up in ICU (none are in ICU currently, 4 in hospital remaining), 8 deaths, none since August. Only 24 of those cases were people aged under 50.

87 cases of ITP, 1 death, none since June.

144 cases of Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS).

511 cases of myocarditis.

1202 cases of pericarditis.

Nothing wrong with being cautious about vaccines/medications but if you are going to spread statements that could be classified as fear-mongering then probably best to know the numbers at least. The concept that the vaccine is dangerous and has lots of people having side-effects is not backed up by any real data. People need to stop reading the BS social media posts and find more legitimate sources of information to base their decisions (there are plenty credible sources other than the MSM if you don't buy into deep state conspiracy theories).

You have a less than 1 in a million chance of dying from complications due to a Covid vaccine and about a 1 in 30,000 chance of developing any note-worthy side effects at all. If you are still not compelled that vaccines are safe then you certainly shouldn't ever drive a car, ride a motorbike, go for a long run or pretty much have any contact with other humans at all.

You have a less than 1 in a million chance of dying from complications due to a Covid vaccine and about a 1 in 30,000 chance of developing any note-worthy side effects at all. If you are still not compelled that vaccines are safe then you certainly shouldn't ever drive a car, ride a motorbike, go for a long run or pretty much have any contact with other humans at all.
Best not to go swimming at Port Beach either.

I'm genuinely curious to know what you think is in the vaccines that are causing the varying degrees of reactions that is different from what covid will cause in terms of immune reactions in those same humans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm genuinely curious to know what you think is in the vaccines that are causing the varying degrees of reactions that is different from what covid will cause in terms of immune reactions in those same humans?
I’m not necessarily anti Covid vac.
I‘m definitely anti mandating it.

MRNA technology works by inserting a set of instructions into a persons RNA, to look out for xxx
Our bodies already manage what it sees as risk + what should not be there, IMO inserting instructions
into that system could be a problem. No-one can foresee that.
For instance random change in a computer program is not good in anyones language.

what you think is in the vaccines that are causing the varying degrees of reactions that is different from what covid will cause in terms of immune reactions in those same humans?”

As you are obviously well aware this is impossible to measure, the only close comparison would be
experimenting on identical twins.

MRNA technology works by inserting a set of instructions into a persons RNA, to look out for xxx
Our bodies already manage what it sees as risk + what should not be there, IMO inserting instructions
For instance random change in a computer program is not good in anyones language.

“ what you think is in the vaccines that are causing the varying degrees of reactions that is different from what covid will cause in terms of immune reactions in those same humans?”

As you are obviously well aware this is impossible to measure, the only close comparison would be

This not correct. People do not 'have' mRNA, it is produced by our DNA on an ongoing basis for specific purposes. mRNA vaccines work by having the introduced mRNA partly subsume the normal function of naturally produced mMRA to produce antibodies until it is all expended or otherwise destroyed.

I presume you will be re-evaluating your opinion on the basis of this new information?

Seriously guys its mentioned that it’s impossible to know the long-term side effects of the vaccine (if you want to dispute this please send pics of your time machine) and look what it starts.
a-custom-delorean-time-machine-with-original-parts-from-the-movie-is-for-sale-157926-7.jpeg

We have a three-peat in 2029

Seriously guys its mentioned that it’s impossible to know the long-term side effects of the virus (if you want to dispute this please send pics of your time machine) and look what it starts.

These vaccines are some the most studied vaccines in history. Most stop any studies once they have approval. COVID vaccines are so closely monitored the safety data is exceptional.
All drugs have risks, but compared to COVID they are minimal.

what you think is in the vaccines that are causing the varying degrees of reactions that is different from what covid will cause in terms of immune reactions in those same humans?”

Thanks for replying, but:

"MRNA technology works by inserting a set of instructions into a persons RNA, to look out for xxx
into that system could be a problem." - this is incorrect.

"As you are obviously well aware this is impossible to measure, the only close comparison would be
experimenting on identical twins." - funny you say that. It's a really good way of testing such hypotheses. Many years ago an early research project I did when researching MS was to analyse the CSF of 65yo identical twins. One had MS and the other didn't (diagnosis of MS is typically between 15 and 55). I identified protein fragments from distemper-like viruses (canine distemper and seal distemper had high homology) in the CSF of the MS patient but not in the control. Back then, automimmune diseases weren't well understood and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome was not even considered to be a real condition. Now we know that viruses or bacteria (e.g. lyme's) can initiate in genetically susceptible persons many autoimmune-type conditions where the body continues to attack parts of itself for many years after the initial infection has passed. Not dissimilar to the long covid symptoms being described by many including my wife's friend in Italy many months post-infection, even though her initial covid symptoms were very mild.

Thanks for replying, but:

"MRNA technology works by inserting a set of instructions into a persons RNA, to look out for xxx
into that system could be a problem." - this is incorrect.

"As you are obviously well aware this is impossible to measure, the only close comparison would be
experimenting on identical twins." - funny you say that. It's a really good way of testing such hypotheses. Many years ago an early research project I did when researching MS was to analyse the CSF of 65yo identical twins. One had MS and the other didn't (diagnosis of MS is typically between 15 and 55). I identified protein fragments from distemper-like viruses (canine distemper and seal distemper had high homology) in the CSF of the MS patient but not in the control. Back then, automimmune diseases weren't well understood and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome was not even considered to be a real condition. Now we know that viruses or bacteria (e.g. lyme's) can initiate in genetically susceptible persons many autoimmune-type conditions where the body continues to attack parts of itself for many years after the initial infection has passed. Not dissimilar to the long covid symptoms being described by many including my wife's friend in Italy many months post-infection, even though her initial covid symptoms were very mild.
I do know the MRNA self destructs, but the instructions must be stored somewhere otherwise
there is no purpose.

As for identical twins, as far as I know it’s the only way to have an identical genome (if poss), but
there are as you say many other factors eg environmental, medical history etc. This was in response
to a straw man argument.

By the way if you follow the thread back this started out by having a go at the posters who were continually
slagging off those who don’t want the vaccine for themselves or mandated upon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back