theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dr...t/news-story/2d62ece85436b5f2d81db6f05a70cc14

This is what the Dogs have to give up to get a father/son player.
— To match the bid, the Dogs use Pick 23 (815 points), Pick 43 (378), Pick 44 (362), Pick 45 (347) and Pick 52 (246), equating to 2148 points that is enough to cover the Giants’ bid.

— As the value of those five picks is more than the discounted Pick 2 value, the Dogs have 134 points left over. This means the last selection the Dogs used to match the Darcy bid (Pick 52) would slide back to Pick 62.

The AFL supports a charming but antiquated notion that a son should be able to play for the same team as his father. Recently they have taken steps to ensure that clubs pay a fair price for them but now I think the pendulum has swung too far.
The points system seems reasonable but the Bulldogs have to hand over 5 picks to get one player. That seems unreasonable, I think if a club took pick 23 and 4 picks between 45 and 55 to the draft there is a pretty good chance they would walk away with 2 solid players. There should be a limit on the number of picks you need to hand over for a father/son. Remember, we all like the idea of sons playing for their Dad’s club. Let’s not hold clubs to ransom for a quirky but endearing facet of our game.
I think the AFL should require a matching bid to contain at least 1 pick from the same round as the original bid if the bid is in the first 2 rounds, but apart from that I am fine with their bidding system.

The nominated club already has opportunities to benefit by trading ahead of potential bids or trading down so the pay with junk picks.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Wow.

At this time, I remain unvaccinated, however I’m committed to learning more, consulting with additional medical professionals and continuing to discuss this with my family before ultimately making a final decision

I.E shopping around until she finds a chiropractor or batshit crazy GP who agrees with her view.

Dumbass

Last edited:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
The Tim Kelly update will be massive
I heard Taekwondo is the ultimate weapon against Covid 19... you can literally "fight" it off. Jacky boy should be fine :drunk:
TK has been actively reading up about the benefits of having a great enough total surface area of tattoos - they block the Corona Virus from entering though the skin! :drunk:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
_i_D1aqemfLGkp0DU1b6TNICJTz6xUDLf7ooyxpqZtk.jpg

Jack Darling's Twitter account. Lolz

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
"At this time, I remain unconvinced the Earth is not flat, however I’m committed to reading some stuff, including a guy called Isaac Newton who I'm told is quite knowledgeable. Otherwise I will continue to rely on nuffies on social media before making a final decision, which will of course be a matter of principle."

Why the f*** is the St Kilda Football Club putting this crap on their website, like she's considering her verdict at a war crimes tribunal.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
"At this time, I remain unconvinced the Earth is not flat, however I’m committed to reading some stuff, including a guy called Isaac Newton who I'm told is quite knowledgeable. Otherwise I will continue to rely on nuffies on social media before making a final decision, which will of course be a matter of principle."

Why the f*** is the St Kilda Football Club putting this crap on their website, like she's considering her verdict at a war crimes tribunal.

Judging by the bit about her family she's under some very significant pressure from them to not receive a Covid vaccination. Sucks for Patrikios in that case.

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Judging by the bit about her family she's under some very significant pressure from them to not receive a Covid vaccination. Sucks for Patrikios in that case.

What’s the pressure being put on her ?. Religion, Flat Earth Syndrome, lover of revolutionary USA medical cures ?.

Oct 3, 2001
Darwin NT/Mt Lawley WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
MUFC, Swan Districts
I get next to no inside goss regarding AFL, but I just heard there could be some friction in the camp down the road, in the upper echelons.

Looks like Vozzo is a goner and the Wiley appointment has ruffled some senior coach feathers.

Lord Nisbett reigns supreme.

Glass, Vozzo, Hickmott and Graham all gone this year, something smells up the road all right.

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I get next to no inside goss regarding AFL, but I just heard there could be some friction in the camp down the road, in the upper echelons.

Looks like Vozzo is a goner and the Wiley appointment has ruffled some senior coach feathers.

Lord Nisbett reigns supreme.

Interesting in relation to Wiley, I thought he was very highly respected around the traps.

Maybe it is that Wiley is a person who done it all ( “A” class champion rover, Premiership player, coached etc ), whilst a lot of the others are armchair admirals who’ve never felt the fire at the coal face.

No official or player can tell Rob that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
That mob up the road could well and truly be f**ked from next season if Shep retires, Darling and Kelly don’t get vaccinated and they’ve drafted everyone but an inside midfielder to go with a whole lot of 30+ about to fall off a cliff/injury prone players. Redden is now 10-12 weeks behind due to a shoulder injury, Shuey can string more than 4 games together before pulling a hammy, Nic Nat is breaking down, JK & Hurn were begged to play on another year. Fun times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back