Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleReign

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
Are the Hawks preparing their supporters for the quality of football they intend to deliver next year? Beige.
1EE86863-F5A0-4D88-92DD-EBAFE81F7CC3.jpeg

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Did anyone take much notice of Geelong's drafting? They will be one of the teams we would be hoping slips down the draft board rapidly as the purple rises.

Interesting to me because the first couple of picks dropped not long after your 21, with them taking Knivett and Conway. Both local boys, and they seemed to avoid Vic Metro like the pandemic. I don't mind Knivett, but compared to Johnson he is a slow moving lump, and I think they need pace. Conway is now their 5th ruck option. Neale may easily be gettable if we assume he gets zero opportunities. Clark may provide some intel on how he is developing. Out of contract I think.

Later picks were a bit like our Worner/Treacy picks. Strong boys who may play early but not with much of a profile on the draft boards. Passed more phantom-fancied options.

Almost all their recruits look like inside bulls. Clearly they are wondering what to do with after their aging midfield hits the compost heap.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't mind Knivett, but compared to Johnson he is a slow moving lump, and I think they need pace.
Knevitt was quicker in the 20m sprint (10th overall with 2.976s) and third overall in the 2km (Vic Metro excluded).

I joked about MJ being a slow tall mid but he's deceptively a lot quicker than he looks. Knevitt is a bit the same. Goater looks quicker but that's because he is more explosive in how he plays (he's a bit a maniac). All good prospects - I'd rate MJ as the best though because his disposal is a fair way ahead of the other two imo.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Knevitt was quicker in the 20m sprint (10th overall with 2.976s) and third overall in the 2km (Vic Metro excluded).

I joked about MJ being a slow tall mid but he's deceptively a lot quicker than he looks. Knevitt is a bit the same. Goater looks quicker but that's because he is more explosive in how he plays (he's a bit a maniac). All good prospects - I'd rate MJ as the best though because his disposal is a fair way ahead of the other two imo.
Oh that's interesting. He really seems slow, and had me thinking he may work better forward.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
With him and Hurn going, and McGovern slowing down they're going to need to totally restructure their defence. Is Witherden good enough to fill the shoes of one of these 3?

freo99

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Real shame. no nonsense. Just got the job done.

But then.... Whack

Wasn’t it Brad Shepard who took the legs out from Bailey Banfield in that practice match last season.
As I saw it was completely deliberate and lucky not to break Baileys legs.

It was also one of a number of incidents from WC that appear to try and injure our players.
Including Brander who dropped the knees into Luke Ryan when he was on the ground.

I don’t think it’s a shame.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Wasn’t it Brad Shepard who took the legs out from Bailey Banfield in that practice match last season.

It was also one of a number of incidents from WC that appear to try and injure our players.
Including Brander who dropped the knees into Luke Ryan when he was on the ground.

Ooh, harsh, but yes, I think you remember correctly.

Bigger

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2001
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
need to take a good look at themselves

Perhaps you wouldn't bother to aim while pissing though.

PurpleReign

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...e-as-court-hearing-looms-20211203-p59elw.html

De Goey hopes to meet with new coach McRae as court hearing looms

I’m just picturing this meeting in my mind’s eye. The two of them sitting opposite each other about 2 metres apart, De Goey in orange overalls, in a partitioned cubicle, separated by a sheet of tempered glass, each speaking through a telephone handpiece, McRae pressing his bare chest up against the glass…

Oh wait, I’ve just read a bit further, its a video link up.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
You could poop on them when they are on fire, so they would finally be the hot sh1t they always thought they were

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory

Yeah nah Sheppard went for the ball and later admitted it should have been a free against him.

I think you are judging him unfairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back