Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how many weeks buddy got for elbowing?

Zip, nada, nil, zero, zilch.

Can see Hawkins doing something similar this week and getting the book thrown at him though.

Your joking right?

Franklin escaped penalty with MRO Michael Christian saying he tried to evade the tackle and his actions while in possession of the ball were not unreasonable in the circumstances.

"Franklin had the ball under his left arm and as he tried to shrug and break the Hamling tackle (he) made high contact, but (I) didn't believe that he breached his duty of care," Christian said.

"When a player has possession of the ball his duty of care is perhaps not as high as if he was tackling or bumping, and (I) believed that in the circumstances he's entitled to try and break the tackle, which he did and was eventually able to get the handball off."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-21/match-review-write-off-round-nine

:rolleyes:

I said to a mate of mine after that first goal (which was the result of the missed trip to Danger) that I'm getting really sick of the AFL world deciding a "story" to a game (in that case it was the Bombers response) and the commentators, AFL in general and seemingly the umpires jumping on board.
Check it out with all seriousness, look all week at the media and what "story" a game seems to be creating and watch 50/50 (or worse) free kicks favour that story. We know the commentary has for a few years now, seems the umpires have jumped on board.
And that trip to Dangerfield was the start of the appalling umpiring for the rest of the game. Did the experts review that decisions, does the umpiring actually unnerve players so that they start to second guess any play that might result in a free against?

Surely Buddy's elbow falls into the "duty of care" nonsense the AFL spew out?

You would think so, but obviously not. Similar to how his arc isn't play on, but it is for any other player who deviates off their line.

Can anyone tell me how many weeks buddy got for elbowing?
Hahaha. Buddy doesn’t get suspended for anything.

But in saying that i don’t really think what he did deserved a week, as long as they stay consistent with these things when a player is being tackled. No doubt someone will get rubbed out for something similar this week though, as per mro standards :rolleyes:

Someone better tell hawkins to keep his elbows down this week :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that trip to Dangerfield was the start of the appalling umpiring for the rest of the game. Did the experts review that decisions, does the umpiring actually unnerve players so that they start to second guess any play that might result in a free against?

I made that comment during the match because that's exactly what it seemed like with our guys during the match - we had numerous holding the ball decisions go against us (at least two could easily have been free kicks for tripping with both Danger & then Crameri grabbed around the legs, hell the tackle against Crameri wasn't even held), while we would make good tackles with ball-up the call.

I have no doubt there was confusion in the minds of our players

501240_576b7bce8b301f28f2555adf17beb739.png

KB would be proud of this.

Currently leading all my tipping comps and want to keep it that way if possible.
Who wins?
Pies v Dogs
Giants v Bombers
Freo v Norf
Leaning towards Pies, Giants and Norf
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back