Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A biological fully formed man is allowed to play WVFL despite hormone levels and complete tacklebox. Very confused by this decision... although it would make sense from a list management perspective as a man is 5 times less likely to do an ACL.
Woohoo, I might actually get get a kick.
(Probably not)

No confusion. It’s complete bullshit.

Yep......society has become so fixated with avoiding any allegation of offence, real or imagined, to any sexual, political, racial or idealogical group / individual that it has - excuse the pun - lost its balls in calling bullshit when it sees and smells it.

The sheer scale of this bullshit is offensive in itself.

Becoming a nation of pussies. Excuse the pun again.

Rant over.

Yep......society has become so fixated with avoiding any allegation of offence, real or imagined, to any sexual, political, racial or idealogical group / individual that it has - excuse the pun - lost its balls in calling bullshit when it sees and smells it.

Rant over.
Gotta say it's a real kick in the nuts to the women's comp (pun intended)
They've worked so hard to be taken seriously and have drawn the crowds against the odds then the AFL does their best to make a joke out of it.
Pack of gutless arseholes who don't really give a s**t about the women's game at all.

Gotta say it's a real kick in the nuts to the women's comp (pun intended)
They've worked so hard to be taken seriously and have drawn the crowds against the odds then the AFL does their best to make a joke out of it.
Pack of gutless arseholes who don't really give a s**t about the women's game at all.

Agreed, but in a rare defence of the AFL, I think they’ve cowered in the face of a bigger issue.

Disallow the player, and I have no doubt there’d be a plethora of righteous crusaders throw all sorts of sexual discrimination allegations against them.

We have a generation who delight in being offended and claiming discrimination.

Almost a no win for the AFL on this one.

But still, they should’ve shown their balls and called BS.

A biological fully formed man is allowed to play WVFL despite hormone levels and complete tacklebox. Very confused by this decision... although it would make sense from a list management perspective as a man is 5 times less likely to do an ACL.
You have Hannah's hormone levels?

Or more crucially - awareness of how she went in the ACT women's competition? She played against all shapes and sizes without dominating or unsettling the game.

You have Hannah's hormone levels?

Or more crucially - awareness of how she went in the ACT women's competition? She played against all shapes and sizes without dominating or unsettling the game.

Reckon most guys started with Hannah’s hormone levels, until ‘she’ started interfering with them artificially.

Something like 17 goals in 8 games I think, after representing Australia as a man in several sports at national level.

Oh, and a dimunitive 1.9 metres tall and 100kg.

Not a shot at you btw. It’s a slight on women making a genuine effort at this level imo.

Last edited:
Reckon most guys started with Hannah’s hormone levels, until ‘she’ started interfering with them artificially.

Something like 17 goals in 8 games I think, after representing Australia as a man in several sports at national level.

Oh, and a dimunitive 1.9 metres tall and 100kg.

Not a shot at you btw. It’s a slight on women making a genuine effort at this level imo.
Nobody is denying Hannah's size. But I don't think you have an appreciation of how actual female players feel about her participation in leagues, or the justification therein.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ha...y/news-story/b1766926d03c47c76d711ee476edbe76

Nobody is denying Hannah's size. But I don't think you have an appreciation of how actual female players feel about her participation in leagues, or the justification therein.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ha...y/news-story/b1766926d03c47c76d711ee476edbe76

I think fear of being ‘labelled’ has stopped anyone making comment.

The article even acknowledges that the playing field will only become level (physically) as chemical interference takes effect over time.

Anyhow, whilst I respect various opinions I also realise this discussion can quickly become volatile and OT, so I won’t push it any further.

It's a commercial decision.
The reason the AFL is financing AFLW is not for any highfalutin' social purpose, it's to broaden the potential sponsorship and membership pools for clubs and the AFL.
Stopping this person from playing may detrimentally affect this aim, by putting off potential sponsors for fear of social media backlash and even boycotts.
Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has stated publicly that he has no plans to transition fully to a woman. Simply just a cross dresser. Which people are free to be if they choose, but don’t force others to buy into the illusion or compromise a fledgling competition with the sideshow.

Agreed, but in a rare defence of the AFL, I think they’ve cowered in the face of a bigger issue.

Disallow the player, and I have no doubt there’d be a plethora of righteous crusaders throw all sorts of sexual discrimination allegations against them.

We have a generation who delight in being offended and claiming discrimination.

Almost a no win for the AFL on this one.

But still, they should’ve shown their balls and called BS.
This is a man, who has publicly stated they have no plans to transition to being a woman with medical aid. Just say no. I’d say there would have been more support from club members for that decision than the hollow praise from a ‘news’ outlet like buzzfeed or vice from the current outcome.

Has stated publicly that he has no plans to transition fully to a woman. Simply just a cross dresser. Which people are free to be if they choose, but don’t force others to buy into the illusion or compromise a fledgling competition with the sideshow.
I beg your pardon? Has been transitioning via hormone therapy since 2015.

The article even acknowledges that the playing field will only become level (physically) as chemical interference takes effect over time.

Anyhow, whilst I respect various opinions I also realise this discussion can quickly become volatile and OT, so I won’t push it any further.
Fair enough, there's certainly a high degree of risk in discussing things like this.

Ultimately though I think we have to be prepared to only go off of the evidence that does exist and the experiences that are on the real. Supposition or inference are too volatile and unreliable.

Rant over.

On the contrary, I think those puns are excellent.

IMO we should stop making our points and opinions heard and instead ask the ladies who would be competing against “her” think.
If they are good with it then whose to say otherwise?
For the record I don’t support it but I do understand I have no say in it whatsoever.

Yeah I don't think it's fair to be labelled.
I've got nothing at all against transgender people or crossdressers or anything like that. Everyone should be able to live the way it makes them happy.
It's just a fairness in sport thing and a lot of people worked really hard to make the AFLW what it is.
But as Hatter just said it's really up to what the rest of the players think.

As far as I am aware it hasn’t been a full commitment to hormone therapy either. For me having a functioning and used male reproduction organ still is a bit on the fence...
But in this context wouldn’t that only matter for hormone production?

As far as I am aware it hasn’t been a full commitment to hormone therapy either. For me having a functioning and used male reproduction organ still is a bit on the fence...
I was having a quick google and the only reference I could fine was an article from last year around the draft when it said she was below the hormone levels used by the IOC to decide. That must be a fairly full-on course of hormone treatment.

I was having a quick google and the only reference I could fine was an article from last year around the draft when it said she was below the hormone levels used by the IOC to decide. That must be a fairly full-on course of hormone treatment.
I’ll try to have something this evening. I recall reading something saying that those levels are reachable but Hannah was not currently at them pending decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back