Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giants got themselves into a bad situation, Scully was probably aware how bad their cap was and said ‘fine, I will move, but only to Hawthorn.’

From there Hawthorn had a very strong bargaining postion and they exploited it ruthlessly. Well done.

Whether I would want Geelong paying Scully a big salary is another matter. We went for Dahlhaus. Bringing in two players like that would have been a mistake.

Happy enough with Luke over Scully. Not much in it.

Scully is a risk as that ankle injury is very bad, but if the hawks can get him fit and firing they have made the steal of the trade period IMO.
For a future 4th round pick?? Minimal risk. They do their medical screens very well at Hawthorn. JOM has been worthwhile. Scully is an elite 2way runner as we know; I think they are laughing

Giants got themselves into a bad situation, Scully was probably aware how bad their cap was and said ‘fine, I will move, but only to Hawthorn.’

From there Hawthorn had a very strong bargaining postion and they exploited it ruthlessly. Well done.

Whether I would want Geelong paying Scully a big salary is another matter. We went for Dahlhaus. Bringing in two players like that would have been a mistake.

Happy enough with Luke over Scully. Not much in it.
Maybe right now as we sit in 2018, but Scully is as elite as a 2-way running mid as there is in the AFL. IF fit, there will be no comparison with Dahlhaus, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have a bit of quality
#1.draft pick Scully
#1. mini draft pick O'Meara
#2. draft pick Roughead
#9 McEvoy
#12 Frawley, Burgoyne
Tom Mitchell Brownlow medallist

#2 draft pick Just delisted JO'Rourke

I was reading last night that Kersten may be moved on from Freo. Not sure there would be many takers but he's only been at Freo for what, 2-years? He was serviceable for them last year but it seems it hasn't taken them long to lose faith in him. Good decision by us to move him on.

A future 4th round pick vs Geelong giving up a second round pick - pick 36 vs something like pick 60? As a gamble that's a no brainer even if his ankle does end up imploding.

What they gave up for JOM is a better example of foolishness.
You could be right, but is it wrong to hope it doesn't work out for them?

I was reading last night that Kersten may be moved on from Freo. Not sure there would be many takers but he's only been at Freo for what, 2-years? He was serviceable for them last year but it seems it hasn't taken them long to lose faith in him. Good decision by us to move him on.
I feel for Kersto, I remember those years he was really showing something at VFL level that gave some of us hope he would be a a good AFL player, but he was never able to take it to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back