Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CH7 radio news bite running with "Former Geelong star Shane Mumford.....". Ahem, who was Mumford contracted to when the alleged 'line in the snow' incident happened!! I hope Cookie is fairly p155ed right now.
I remember Bomber Thompson was labeled "former Geelong premiership coach" when he got in trouble.

CH7 radio news bite running with "Former Geelong star Shane Mumford.....". Ahem, who was Mumford contracted to when the alleged 'line in the snow' incident happened!! I hope Cookie is fairly p155ed right now.
It was reported in Brisbane as former Sydney and GWS player no mention of Geelong,I was pissed off at that omission.

I remember Bomber Thompson was labeled "former Geelong premiership coach" when he got in trouble.
That’s fair enough as kids wouldn’t remember “former Essendon premiership captain” and Bomber didn’t achieve much as coach at Essendon.

As for Mummy, he wasn’t a star at Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OKMogWM.gif

I can see the headline, “Former Geelong trade target.......”

The late Tong Greig if he made a duck - the English press would say - South African born England captain Tony Greig failed with the bat

However if he made a 100 - it was allways - Sussex and English skipper Tony Greig scores century blah blah blah

The late Tong Greig if he made a duck - the English press would say - South African born England captain Tony Greig failed with the bat

However if he made a 100 - it was allways - Sussex and English skipper Tony Greig scores century blah blah blah
Same with Andy Murray - lose at any major, especially Wimbledon and it's, "Scotland's Andy Murray falls short/fails at Wimbledon".

But when he came good & won especially Wimbledon and it's, "Britain's new tennis hero, Andy Murray crowned Wimbledon champion blah blah blah"

The English press seems extremely quick to change tune depending on the result

Same with Andy Murray - lose at any major, especially Wimbledon and it's, "Scotland's Andy Murray falls short/fails at Wimbledon".

But when he came good & won especially Wimbledon and it's, "Britain's new tennis hero, Andy Murray crowned Wimbledon champion blah blah blah"

The English press seems extremely quick to change tune depending on the result

Similar to the news which happens around Geelong, ie. Torquay. If something good happens, Torquay is mentioned as being just outside Melbourne. Something bad happens, it's just outside Geelong.

Same with the highway between Geelong and Melbourne. Something good happens, it's called the Princes Highway. Something bad, and it's the Geelong Road. :rolleyes:

This was a quick decision and thankfully it's not us nor do I remember speculation about us being the "home" team - and good luck St Kilda:

PORT Adelaide has struck a deal to take on St Kilda in its annual China clash from 2019 and beyond, with the two sides confirming a three-year agreement on Thursday.

Gold Coast had been Port Adelaide's opponents in Shanghai over the past two seasons, with the first home and away game played on Chinese soil back in the 2017 campaign.

However, the Saints will replace the Suns in 'hosting' a match at Shanghai's Jiangwan Stadium, which has a capacity of around 11,000 people for AFL matches.

Next year's match will be played on a Sunday in round 11, with the AFL confirming that the two sides will again have the bye the following week as they return to Australia.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-25/saints-set-for-shanghai-showdown-with-port

Classy bloke :rolleyes:

People are trying to tell me this is normal behaviour on the rumours thread :huh:
If this were my son or brother, I've be horrified and so embarrassed.

I think fame might have gotten to his head. Sounds like Port Adelaide have a bit if a 'bro culture' issue from the last few off the field incidents.

People are trying to tell me this is normal behaviour on the rumours thread :huh:
If this were my son or brother, I've be horrified and so embarrassed.

I think fame might have gotten to his head. Sounds like Port Adelaide have a bit if a 'bro culture' issue from the last few off the field incidents.
It’s pretty norm behaviour from all the footballers I have known personal, hell I knew a VFL player that ****ed over 2000 chicks

So I’m not shocked at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back