Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think Walker has been voted best captain by the players for the last two years. :huh:

Proof that the majority of them play the game purely for a living and take little notice of what else happens in the league.
Outsiders rating the quality of a captain is always stupid anyway. Only those within the club would know how good their captain is.

So unless the Crows are playing at the Adelaide Oval under perfect conditions they really aren't anything special are they.

Missing the crouch boys hurts massively tonight, and Charlie Cameron leaving is hurting them more than they will want to admit.. Especially with the end seemingly approaching Eddie at a rapid rate.

Also they can only play one of Jenkins or Walker, both only play well when they are winning, can't afford to carry them both.. Better off playing McGovern and Fogarty who are young and both try their arses off

It seems Cameron leaving them has hurt the same way Hill leaving the Hawks hurt them. That pace and burst of line breaking, or little crumbing type left both of them wanting IMO.

Go Catters

I think it was into the last quarter they had taken one mark inside 50. Incredible.
Collingwood's pressure around the ball was superb and didn't give their midfielders much in the way of clear space to deliver the ball.

The defense also set up a wall behind the play so the quick under pressure kick was easily intercepted.

I listened to the 1st half on the radio in the car - and M Blight was doing the special comments with Hudson calling

And he was scathing of the Crows - his exact words - Grundy has smashed Jacobs in the ruck . He mentioned that Sloane 1 kick to half time - had gone missing in another big game - and in the 2nd half - should be played as a tagger against Pendlebury to learn a bit about accountable football

I like his special comments - got a very sharp tongue
Blight is by far the best special comments guy. Never holds back. Also has a very unique and simplistic take on what players and teams need to do that others seem to overlook.
There's no way 7 would hire him when they got the rights because he used to be critical of the umpires. Tells it how it is.

Let’s not forget how fun Collingwood losing from here would be.
It is the worst place to be. But as funny as Collingwood losing would have been, they won't play finals, and costing what Adelaide would arrogantly think was a surefire win into a loss could hurt them at the end of the year.
Look at last years ladder, had Adelaide dropped a home game last season they drop from 1st to 4th, we take top spot, and then probably lose to Adelaide at the MCG when Scotty decides to play Paddy from a back pocket :p

Probably why he slipped so far in the draft.
Wonder if there is a bit of draft tampering in that. Collingwood tell him to tank the interviews and be a repugnant s**t, other clubs back right off, Collingwood get the player they want.

I love Geelong, if Mark Thompson told me to be a grumpy s**t at draft interviews so my position slips and Geelong would draft me, I would totally have done it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's dead wood, but still so filthy we didn't take Grundy with all our ruck woes we still have since Ottens left and we picked up Thurlow who's not best 22.
Now lets see we do have a ruckman but we choose not to skill him up and we don't play him. Perhaps of we did either or both we would have a winning ruckman

Now lets see we do have a ruckman but we choose not to skill him up and we don't play him. Perhaps of we did either or both we would have a winning ruckman
I'm beginning to think Smith is injured...

Brisbane goalless to what will probably half time against Richmond.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plenty bag Geelong ( probably pisssed off with the success ) however Geelong at least for neutral supporters provide a bit of excitement - alah the last 3 weeks - and stacks of games in the prior years

However if your a Geel supporter looking on as a neutral - all you get is one ccrap boring one- sided game after another - 4 weeks in - tell me a good exciting game - outside of the Cats games - you cant

I remember a Carlton vs Footscray game where the Blues didn't kick a goal but McPherson gave away a free right at the end to give em one.
Wonder if the umps will be so kind this game.
My bet is Yes! Afl won't let a team not kick a goal.

I remember a Carlton vs Footscray game where the Blues didn't kick a goal but McPherson gave away a free right at the end to give em one.
Wonder if the umps will be so kind this game.
My bet is Yes! Afl won't let a team not kick a goal.

I remember we played Melbourne at the G and kept them goalless close to half time before Josh Hunt coughed up a weak as piss one.

Plenty bag Geelong ( probably pisssed off with the success ) however Geelong at least for neutral supporters provide a bit of excitement - alah the last 3 weeks - and stacks of games in the prior years

However if your a Geel supporter looking on as a neutral - all you get is one ccrap boring one- sided game after another - 4 weeks in - tell me a good exciting game - outside of the Cats games - you cant

Dogs V Swans was a cracker... The example of how to totally flush a game with poor disposal. They had all the effort , created the chances yet its the Swans walk of with the 4 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back