Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one leaderboard I'm glad none of our players are on:

Jones leads the unwanted “Reverse Coleman” award after Round 4, having had 21 goals kicked on him by direct opponents so far this season. Richmond’s David Astbury (13 goals) coming in second and Gold Coast’s Steven May and West Coast’s Tom Barrass (both 12 goals) are equal third, according to Champion Data.

2018 Reverse Coleman
Player, Club, Goals conceded
Liam Jones, Carlton, 21
David Astbury, Richmond, 13
Steven May, Gold Coast, 12
Tom Barrass, West Coast, 12
Jacob Weitering, Carlton, 11
Connor Blakely, Fremantle, 11
Tom Clurey, Port Adelaide, 9
Nathan Brown, St Kilda, 7
Lynden Dunn, Collingwood, 7
Jeremy Howe, Collingwood, 7

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
The NZ national anthem......k

I realise the ANZAC meaning but I have never ever known this to be a thing. At a rugby international or a warriors NRL game sure but at an event with no NZ representation it is bizarre.
It was s**t...if the game is as bad as this I’m turning my PS4 back on for more glourious God of War action

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
They'll turn it around. Crows have come in fired up to make amends but sydneys class will run over the top
Games like this make me ponder just how much indifference has permeated the weekly approach of the average AFL player. So many must just be cruising that a few adversely motivated kids can scrap hard enough to outwork vaunted names of the competition. Or is it that older hands have the seasoning to better pace themselves and that's why they run out the game better?

Sep 28, 2014
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Games like this make me ponder just how much indifference has permeated the weekly approach of the average AFL player. So many must just be cruising that a few adversely motivated kids can scrap hard enough to outwork vaunted names of the competition. Or is it that older hands have the seasoning to better pace themselves and that's why they run out the game better?
And sometimes the kids gain immense confidence from an early start and ride it all the way to a win.
Plenty of inconsistent teams this year and a lot of it seems between the ears for sure

will be interesting if the way the Crows key forwards are getting free's is the way the umpires are going to umpire for the rest of the round.
If it is Hawkins could kick 10

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

A lot of the swans players are coming down the other side. Buddy is still a gun and Heeney is a freak but they don't have many players at career peak form anymore. Still think they will come back and win tonight though.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
A lot of the swans players are coming down the other side. Buddy is still a gun and Heeney is a freak but they don't have many players at career peak form anymore. Still think they will come back and win tonight though.
Felt a bit like some of our games last year, in that if it went for another 10 minutes then Sydney probably start really running over the top and get the clear win. As it was they left it too little to late when all was said and done.

What a mess the standard of this competition is.

Felt a bit like some of our games last year, in that if it went for another 10 minutes then Sydney probably start really running over the top and get the clear win. As it was they left it too little to late when all was said and done.

What a mess the standard of this competition is.
Is it safe to say that if anyone is getting 100% of their weekly tips right that they really have no idea about football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back