Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what??

You calling us weirdos?! Fair dinkum, where the hell do you get off calling us knowledgeable, clueless, balanced, one-eyed, schizophrenic, intellectual idiots ‘weirdos’ ??

We always......oh, hi Spazz!! Have a peep at this clown :$ :rolleyes:
I like to project my own foibles on to everyone else to make me feel more normal.
Is it me? No it's everyone else who's weird.

Who the F**k goes around on big footy looking at other teams boards????
I don't wanna tell people how to live their life or anything but just a bit of advice to some would be to find an interest or a hobby.
Perhaps an old car or motorbike you could tinker with, if that's not your thing fishing? or buy an Xbox.
I'm just trying to help.

I never venture onto other boards.......better all the weirdos you know than the ones you don’t :D

I very seldom venture onto other boards, but when I do it is generally to congratulate a team on their flag success or the like or send condolences for past players and officials who are ill or have passed away.

I have never understood the way some people here are rude to other supporters who comment, and quite respectfully, on the Cats board.

It seems to me that the facility to cross to other boards and comment was purposely built into BIGFOOTY and so people have the right to comment on other boards without being abused.
The Moderator's can deal with opposition supporters who step out of line.

End of rant.

I very seldom venture onto other boards, but when I do it is generally to congratulate a team on their flag success or the like or send condolences for past players and officials who are ill or have passed away.

I have never understood the way some people here are rude to other supporters who comment, and quite respectfully, on the Cats board.

It seems to me that the facility to cross to other boards and comment was purposely built into BIGFOOTY and so people have the right to comment on other boards without being abused.
The Moderator's can deal with opposition supporters who step out of line.

End of rant.
Yeah I get ya. I don't get the rude part either. It's like people only want to troll and fight lately.
Big Footy's a bit weird now. I like the Bay which is meant for trolling but I find it 100 times friendlier than the main board which just seems like flat out abuse a lot of the time.
I wasn't talking about Cap Blood specifically before who's allright on the Bay but I just find it strange just trawling around team boards just for something to do.

Yeah I get ya. I don't get the rude part either. It's like people only want to troll and fight lately.

It is the off season.
When the season starts we can find a scapegoat player to vent all our venom at.
It is the Geelong way.;)

It is the off season.
When the season starts we can find a scapegoat player to vent all our venom at.
It is the Geelong way.;)
Yes. I think I'm gonna call dibs on Hendo this year if he can't fill Domsys shoes.
If that fails I think I'm gonna go Thurlow.
Varcoe leaving left a massive scapegoating void within me that I have struggled to fill since.

Yes. I think I'm gonna call dibs on Hendo this year if he can't fill Domsys shoes.
If that fails I think I'm gonna go Thurlow.
Varcoe leaving left a massive scapegoating void within me that I have struggled to fill since.

Guthrie, Blicavs and Stanley are the big leaders but I like how you go left field, will make an interesting scapegoat year ahead.

I do find the parodox interesting.

Its perfectly fine for their supporters to buy tickets on Cats allocation - a move sponsored by their club in fact - but here the same capitalism is a crime.

Ok Capt Double Standard.

Go Catters
I guess it's like Cats fans whinging about playing their home final at the MCG when playing Richmond but then happy to do so the following week when playing Sydney.

I guess it's like Cats fans whinging about playing their home final at the MCG when playing Richmond but then happy to do so the following week when playing Sydney.
Would have still rather played Sydney at home.

We weren't happy. We should play all home finals at home.
The biggest sook and collective meltdown I've seen from any club was you guys when you had to drive an hour down the freeway.
Blaming the umps, the size of the ground , haggard old Caro having a sook, that dickhead ringing up SEN nearly crying.
What a pack of sockcocks you all are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I get you guys like a whinge

That's ok ;)
The media-led Richmond whinge fest about having to play round 21 down here was bonkers though, surely you can admit that? Capped off perfectly with Brian Cook showing his disappointment that the Tiggie faithful, despite their bleating, failed to fulfill their paltry ticket allocation. :)

The media-led Richmond whinge fest about having to play round 21 down here was bonkers though, surely you can admit that? Capped off perfectly with Brian Cook showing his disappointment that the Tiggie faithful, despite their bleating, failed to fulfill their paltry ticket allocation. :)
They're trying to start up a Hawks style rivalry with us for some reason.
Probably cause we're the only Vic team they had to play finals against in their soft**** premiership & even we aren't a MCG tenant lol.
They don't understand we couldn't give a s**t about them and nearly every cat fan was actually happy for them when they won the flag cause we felt really sorry for them.

Last edited:
This is sweet. Can have the Bay without leaving the cats board.

it’s changed a lot in the last few years. Opposition fans were generally fine on here and were treated fine. Posters on here are now way more abusive to visitors and they also seem to be the most insecure about the team’s fortunes. It’s not a coincidence it’s increased as the team has kept bungling finals campaigns. It’s also not a coincidence that those most vocal about opposition fans - especially Richmond and Adelaide - are also the same ones who were idiotically arrogant about our finals chances prior to September.

it’s changed a lot in the last few years. Opposition fans were generally fine on here and were treated fine. Posters on here are now way more abusive to visitors and they also seem to be the most insecure about the team’s fortunes. It’s not a coincidence it’s increased as the team has kept bungling finals campaigns. It’s also not a coincidence that those most vocal about opposition fans - especially Richmond and Adelaide - are also the same ones who were idiotically arrogant about our finals chances prior to September.
I think Richmond has gone to a new level this year though. But it's understandable because they've copped it for so many years. I'd be giving back in spades too.
Personally I don't really care cause I enjoy a bit of banter etc but I can also understand why people don't want oppo fans over here because most are on the board to support only us.
Plus the whole footy thing has become stupid. You can't even say an oppo player is good anymore. You have to find a reason to troll them. Everyone is doing it.
I wouldn't be trying to put anything back on us though, we certainly aren't the worst by any stretch.
You should see some of the s**t written about Gaz and his family, Selwood, Danger etc.

Last edited:
I think Richmond has gone to a new level this year though. But it's understandable because they've copped it for so many years. I'd be giving back in spades too.
Personally I don't really care cause I enjoy a bit of banter etc but I can also understand why people don't want oppo fans over here because most are on the board to support only us.
Plus the whole footy thing has become stupid. You can't even say an oppo player is good anymore. You have to find a reason to troll them. Everyone is doing it.
I wouldn't be trying to put anything back on us though, we certainly aren't the worst by any stretch.

You should see some of the s**t written about Gaz and his family, Selwood, Danger etc.

Agree with all of that, particularly the bolded. Although I don't think any particular club has a mortgage on stupid supporters. Everyone has them. I suspect you're correct, most of the content posted in that vein is purely to get attention anyway.

I miss KissStephanie.
21520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back