Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to laugh over the weekend when the hawks claimed it wasn’t what they stand for. Like they don’t have a long history of being the thug club. Spare me.
Yep,thought exactly the same thing.
Crikey -elbows are ok and ruckman standing on selwood’s head is ok but a little bit of pinching is beyond the pale. Give it a spell.

Yep,thought exactly the same thing.
Crikey -elbows are ok and ruckman standing on selwood’s head is ok but a little bit of pinching is beyond the pale. Give it a spell.
The coach and their greatest ever player are both coward punchers. It’s ingrained in “the family club” :rolleyes:

Had to laugh over the weekend when the hawks claimed it wasn’t what they stand for. Like they don’t have a long history of being the thug club. Spare me.
Yeah that cracked me up. They were proud to play 'unsociable footy', now its like it never happened!

Not like the first time Stratton has been caught on camera doing the same or similar either. AFL360 showed previous examples.

Just opened up Instagram to see a photo of our Captain with a photo of a player from the Geelong Dragons, a team set up to cater for players with intellectual disabilities. Then you compare that to the Hawthorn heirarchy, the captain who punches and stomps, the coach that defends it and the president who is racist...

Yet... See who cops more chagrin on bigfooty... Selwood or Stratton?

Anyone else watching Footy Classified right now?

Judd the only voice of reason on this fan behaviour debate, correctly pointing out that the AFL shouldn't yield to the most offended people, but he seems to be alone in the media landscape unfortunately. On FC it was Barrett and Hutchy playing the role of sanctimonious puritans, but really it could have been almost anyone across the AFL media.

In any event, Damo's unabashed elitism when it comes to both fans and anything related to AFL culture is nauseating - his default response to anything un-PC is always to resort to maximum outrage and to advocate that the behaviour or speech he objects to be either a) regulated in some way or b) punished.

Also, hot tip.

If you're at the station after the game and there's a train heading to Marshall (or is it Waurn Ponds now?) Jump on it.

It'll go the wrong way for a few stations, then turn around and become the next "footy train" back to Melbourne. And you'll have a seat!

Yeah that cracked me up. They were proud to play 'unsociable footy', now its like it never happened!

Not like the first time Stratton has been caught on camera doing the same or similar either. AFL360 showed previous examples.
Exactly - Clarkson is the same coach that actively and *publicly* promoted his "unsociable footy" - is it any wonder that things like this happen when you actively promote this kind of thuggish culture? So, when it crosses the line there should be no sympathy or leniency. Throw the book at the culprits - they deserve all they get and then some!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a good man BB, taking the blame for that **** clubs performance for a long time.

Sack the board, the list manager, the CEO.

Arsehats are running that club

Three coaches sacked since we last won a GF.

Cheating lying pricks can stay at the bottom rebuilding for as long as it takes to forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It does slightly lessen their MF depth; most hip scopes take a lengthy period of time to recover properly- 3m is very ambitious. Of course it depends on the pathology, but if bone is shaved and labrum repaired, it would be a very underdone Beams playing in September.We can look back to SJ in 2009- not much of a procedure he had in Tassie, but he was useless in September.

Except for kick into the centre followed by a toe poke.......

Actually that whole sequence because of where I was standing in the MCC is burnt in my memory...mainly because of the stress and my eyes were starting their down hill process so I was intently watching. Thought Stevie you’ve just kicked to a two on one you idiot.

Carlton and North both need an experienced head coach. They've already bottomed out and need a coach to take them up the ladder.

Stevie J is better off doing what bucks did (hopefully better at it) and transition from a head coach who can show them the ropes and slowly give more and more responsibility. Preferably at a team with some ageing stars and a dip down the ladder. Who knows, could be us in 5 years time.

No Scarlo is next coach of the cats. Scotty will be director of footy somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back