Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A footy fan at Monday's Queen's Birthday clash at the MCG claims he was threatened with eviction by half a dozen police because he was "barracking too loud"

"He said police acknowledged he was not swearing or being abusive, and when he questioned them about the apparent problem an officer replied: "Do you hear what I said? You're barracking too loud".
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...-for-barracking-too-loud-20190611-p51wfr.html

When will this PC madness end Landgraft?

I posted this on the main board too, but I've sat near this guy before in the AFL reserve and he is terrifying.

At last year's Cats v Pies game he threatened to punch on with a Geelong supporting father, there with his young kids, because the father was standing up and cheering our goals on.

I've seen him punch and kick empty seats when a decision goes against the Pies.

Every time I've sat near him, people have given up their paid for seats and moved elsewhere to avoid him.

There is zero chance he was barracking quietly and respectfully like he claims...

I posted this on the main board too, but I've sat near this guy before in the AFL reserve and he is terrifying.

At last year's Cats v Pies game he threatened to punch on with a Geelong supporting father, there with his young kids, because the father was standing up and cheering our goals on.

I've seen him punch and kick empty seats when a decision goes against the Pies.

Every time I've sat near him, people have given up their paid for seats and moved elsewhere to avoid him.

There is zero chance he was barracking quietly and respectfully like he claims...
Well for something like you described he should have been evicted. Did anyone contact security during that game?

Well for something like you described he should have been evicted. Did anyone contact security during that game?

I've seen security alerted to his behaviour and speak to him. I haven't seen him evicted before. As I said, I've seen this behaviour on multiple occasions, not just once.

Of course Carro disappears from Footy classified when Richmond get thumped by Geelong

There's 52 weeks in a year, to which around 26 is taken up by footy.

During those 26 weeks of footy, Carro - a footy journo with spots across all the media - takes over a month's holiday every year.

That her employers have put up with it for so long just shows how much she is now regarded as just a token mouth-piece.

Notice how everyone who thinks it's their god-given right to make everyone else's day at the footy intolerable are now taking to the media to cry "poor pitiful me"? There are always nobs at the footy, some can be tolerated, others can ruin the whole experience.
People aren't suddenly being turfed for "just barracking".
It's just that the nobs think they will garner sympathy from those others who think anti-social behaviour in public is part and parcel of this great country's (non-existent) bill of rights.
Long live social media and the manufactured outrage!

Every game is gonna be like going to Kardinia Park now. How fun!
Nothing will change mate.
That's the insidious beauty of social media.
It makes us believe there is an epidemic of biblical proportions going on, when in fact, nothing has changed.
When these things happened in the past, people didn't dive straight for their phone.
They knew they were in the wrong and went home to kick the dog and kids.
Now, when a tree falls in a forest, twitter spreads the noise of it in nano-seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS Don't get too outraged, we might end up in that other "outrageous" thread.
I did my very best to restrain myself and did allright. I hope your right that nothing will change.
I dunno. When I go to the Richmond station and get squashed and stress I'm gonna lose my kids, I don't think, Well at least I don't have a sore ear!
Anyway I'm not gonna start, as much as I want to.

Anyway I'm not gonna start, as much as I want to.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back