Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when the figurehead of the club is asked about the issue he should lie and deflect rather than give a measured an honest answer.
He does when asked about almost everything else. The comment I saw him last make is what I want at the start. I have made my comment ..nothing has changes.. we won 4 out 5 at the G ..next question etc. Instead.. he threw another log n the fire..

A prelim is a much bigger difference for a few reasons.

Their fans can all get in.
They'd have one foot in the door of a GF spot before the match even started.
We haven't won a prelim in a longgggggg time (for Geelong standards)

A GF meeting against Richmond would be more balanced and anything can happen from there.
yeah probably- just trying to look on the bright side. :p
Besides you shouldn't take a post which ends with the phrase '300 iq plays' too seriously.;)

Yeah I love all the collingwood bogans mocking our right to a home game

Just shows how little respect we have in the AFL

I love it. They're taking the piss out of a farcical situation, why shouldn't it be mocked?

If we're gonna put up with this s**t at least have some fun with it. Chris Scott should float the idea of playing home finals vs MCG tenants at Adelaide Oval, just to level the playing field.

I love it. They're taking the piss out of a farcical situation, why shouldn't it be mocked?

If we're gonna put up with this s**t at least have some fun with it. Chris Scott should float the idea of playing home finals vs MCG tenants at Adelaide Oval, just to level the playing field.

I have heard that suggested for this week's final as it would mean both teams had to travel interstate and could meet halfway

😂 - the MRO finally remembered this is a rule:

Charges Laid:
Dylan Grimes, Richmond, has been charged with Staging during the first quarter of the Qualifying Final match between the Brisbane Lions and Richmond, played at The Gabba on Saturday September 7.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Staging. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Dayne Zorko, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with Staging during the first quarter of the Qualifying Final match between the Brisbane Lions and Richmond, played at The Gabba on Saturday September 7.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Staging. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Is this a conflict of interest, Jimmy being out of touch or is he on the money?

But Jimmy Bartel, a former member of the match review panel, believed the 25-year-old would escape with a fine, rather than missing Saturday’s Semi-Final against the Brisbane Lions...

“If it was a week (suspension), why didn’t they just give him a week,” he said on Macquarie Sports Radio.

“They think he’s done some stuff around his which is not a good look, I agree with that.

“But you can only imagine once they put it in the table, it’s a fine.

“It’ll be a serious fine because he’s got so many racked up but it’ll be a fine, surely.

“It’s not a good look when you have players’ arms and hands around other players on the ground but to use the tribunal’s own reasoning in recent why Marcus Bontempelli kept playing, he got up and took his kick and kept playing.

“When you look at it first glance, it doesn’t look good but when you break it down, I think a fine is coming his way.”

umm does Bartel not know why we even a tribunal? :$ Someone that was on the Match Review Panel should know better but apparently not.:think:
He knows better - but he's on the GWS board, so he's trying to look at his/teams own interest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a slightly lighter note than the past couple of posts - is this a joke of a defence for Greene?

Based on the available evidence, the incident involving Western Bulldogs star Marcus Bontempelli was referred directly to the tribunal and Greene was not able to accept an early plea.

There are reports the Giants will argue the bruises and scratches around Marcus Bontempelli’s neck and face did not come from the incident with Greene.

It shouldn’t stop us from winning.

It didn’t in 2007.
Or 2009.
Or 2011.
Or 2016.
We were a better team back then. We need to be that much superior to overcome the clear advantage Pies, Hawks , Tigers get with G finals. Now that we aren't, it's fair enough to reply to the question with honesty. We actually need to get to the GF, and that means winning finals beforehand. Otherwise, why are not ALL finals scheduled at the G, home of the GF? That is doable, Thu pm, Fri pm, Sat pm, Sun avo.

Regarding the speculation above - this from Facebook says things pretty well based on what we know:

"Since there's heaps of people posting here - the victim hasn't been named in the media yet because they're still trying to contact family but there's several radio stations who have named him.

I'm personally not going to until it's officially released - but imagine the rumours are sadly pretty spot on."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back