Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to hear about Frawley. He always seemed like a nice bloke. Richmond never got the better of him. Condolences to his family. :(

Also just watched the Greene incident for the first time. Wow. I'm gobsmacked he got off for that. Grabbing the head and exerting his body weight on it into the turf... What a little scumbag.

So people are finally seeing the AFL for the bullshit it is.
Throw someone into fence, and you are ok, as its a final.

Punch someone in the guts whilst they are down is ok too. But the crap Hawkins gets suspended for.

Look at the SJ, Hawkins, Chapman incidents over the years and then tell me we werent hard done by in finals series.

Further the Danger free for going in low, only to be the reverse decision a quarter later is a joke. The AFL is a joke.

PS, i have not seen anywhere the penalty for the Collingwood runner entering the field of play contrary to the AFL rules. If it was the Hawks i am sure we would have been penalised again.

What a load of crapola.

The one-two of Greene being found guilty at the tribunal for the 17th(?) time and not being suspended and Frawley's car crash is a lot to take in at once.

Especially with the media vultures becoming almost too literal in this particular case.

You’re joking

From eye gouging ? Protected by the AFL
Am watching AFL 360 + Whately just said there was no eye gouging.
AFL Tribunal: “There was no representation about what he did with his hands.” I’m confused 🤷‍♀️
Blah! Blah! Blah! ‘Unnecessary contact to the face’. “Making contact with the Forearms + Hands to Bont’s Head + pulling the Hair’. Robbo cackled + said: “That’s a joke 🤣

Blah! Blah! Blah! OMG!!! Robbo just ‘vunerable’ 🙀🙀🙀 Aren’t words a journo’s tools? 🤬

This is ludicrous 🙄🙄🙄 I think you’re totally right about Hawkins getting 13 weeks!

Looked like eye gouging in the ‘Zoom Circle’.

Nick Haynes ??? Is that the name? Bulldogs’ reprisal mentioned. What happened?

Strange Cat just indulge me, as if I was your Grandma on the Internet, please?

More and more apparent corruption each passing year

Won’t be long before it turns away the fans

Can you imagine playing GWS in the GF....it would be comical
AFL is a business!!! DoneChaNoe?

Friday night’s supporter ticket allocation:
Geelong - 9,500
Collingwood - 16,000
Revenue Seats - 64,500
Excluding MCC, AFL Members etc

Am watching AFL 360 + Whately just said there was no eye gouging.
AFL Tribunal: “There was no representation about what he did with his hands.” I’m confused 🤷‍♀️
Blah! Blah! Blah! ‘Unnecessary contact to the face’. “Making contact with the Forearms + Hands to Bont’s Head + pulling the Hair’. Robbo cackled + said: “That’s a joke 🤣

Blah! Blah! Blah! OMG!!! Robbo just ‘vunerable’ 🙀🙀🙀 Aren’t words a journo’s tools? 🤬

This is ludicrous 🙄🙄🙄 I think you’re totally right about Hawkins getting 13 weeks!

Looked like eye gouging in the ‘Zoom Circle’.

Nick Haynes ??? Is that the name? Bulldogs’ reprisal mentioned. What happened?

Strange Cat just indulge me, as if I was your Grandma on the Internet, please?

View attachment 743386
Get off the internet Gran and go to bed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like Toby at the cats love the way the young man goes about it
That's the problem with our list...not enough hard players.
Stewart Selwood who's almost done and Danger.
Can't think of any others that would fit the bill.
McCarthy i rated in that group but he's gone.

Find it hard to believe that if any Cats player did what Greene did, let alone with the priors he has, that they wouldn't get at least 3 weeks.

Stevie J would have gotten life.

No parole.

There’s nothing hard about anything Toby has done over the years

Hard footy is going for the ball and not the man....Toby has a long list of dog acts

Last edited:
If Tom Hawkins threw a bloke into a fence like Nic Nat did (and he was even unapologetic about doing it again if someone pulled his hair), he'd be out for a couple of weeks minimum. Given how a couple of Geelong players suffered abrasion injuries after even putting hands out to stop a collision with fences around the place, i'm staggered the Essendon player didn't get some sort of injury too. Maybe they are made of different material in Perth. But his actions, a big strong man hurling a much smaller bloke into the fence like that was at best petulant and at worse negligent. Didn't like it at all, and i reckon he's lucky he doesn't wear hoops.

So people are finally seeing the AFL for the bulls**t it is.
Throw someone into fence, and you are ok, as its a final.

Punch someone in the guts whilst they are down is ok too. But the crap Hawkins gets suspended for.

Look at the SJ, Hawkins, Chapman incidents over the years and then tell me we werent hard done by in finals series.

Further the Danger free for going in low, only to be the reverse decision a quarter later is a joke. The AFL is a joke.

PS, i have not seen anywhere the penalty for the Collingwood runner entering the field of play contrary to the AFL rules. If it was the Hawks i am sure we would have been penalised again.

What a load of crapola.

I've actually given up watching AFL for this reason. It is not a sport. Forget rules being applied consistently, the rules change every week. It is not that hard, the VFL or SANFL have no such onfield integrity issues. I much prefer watching VFL these days, only issue is I'm a lot closer to whitten oval than kardinia so am watching a lot of dogs games these days. Mind you they a far better to watch than "GeeFremantlelong"

Mental illness is evil.RIP Spud.
Looks like you might be right with this one:

Frawley died about 1.30pm on Monday, the day after his 56th birthday, when his four-wheel-drive left a single lane road and hit a tree outside the western districts town of Millbrook, east of Ballarat.

He died not far from the family potato farm in Bungaree where he was raised and learned to play football.

Frawley had spoken candidly about his battle with mental health over many years. In recent weeks he confided in friends and family that his marriage was over and personal finances were under severe strain....

From: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...itor-and-vulnerable-soul-20190909-p52pms.html

Poor bloke, and his poor daughters - especially the one half a world away.

Just a heads up that LifeLine isn't just a phone support service anymore. You can chat to them as well and they also offer other resources if you're experiencing the world at beyond full volume:

Geeez it makes you feel crook in the guts.

Last edited:

I have seen enough to say Kreuger has the hardness. Just has to avoid point posts, choose a tad more carefully when he hurls himself into a marking contest and learn to tackle more efficiently (keep his own head out of the collision). Agree on Cockatoo when he is on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back