Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020 Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

winty

Jun 8, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Apparently the Dogs are talking to Mason Cox. I'm guessing they think the American would love to don the red, white and blue...

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Apparently the Dogs are talking to Mason Cox. I'm guessing they think the American would love to don the red, white and blue...

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
17 other clubs are hoping it goes very well. And will be happilly scouring the fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premi3rship

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Bluesox, Chicago Cubs
Far out. Hopefully he can get some help. Sounds like hes safe for now but that's a massive cry for help.

calder_daddy

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
What an absolute mess at the pies with this Treloar situation.
Gave up pick 7,8 for him
Get a few years out of him, offer a nice 5 year contract, try and trade him not long after
Plays another season and is told by the pies we don’t want you anymore.
Complete Cockup, no wonder Eddie won’t talk about it.
He’s always first to stand up for his players and club and absolute crickets from him

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Let's be honest, being male and having kids is the short straw in the family court system.

Not often things are fair and even rarer that the mother gets the short straw, the courts simply will not remove a mother from her children unless they have to.
Much easier to do it to dad.

kittypurry

Draftee
Oct 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Let's be honest, being male and having kids is the short straw in the family court system.

Not often things are fair and even rarer that the mother gets the short straw, the courts simply will not remove a mother from her children unless they have to.
Much easier to do it to dad.
Not true at all. I was taken away from my perfectly lovely mother because my terrible dad had money to afford a good lawyer and she didn't. It was a deeply traumatic experience and it's a trauma that pops up every time someone says something about men apparently getting the short straw in the courts. That is rubbish.

We don't know the situation with Jolly's children. His family is neither our business nor some example about men having it hard in the family court system. His Instagram post was clearly a cry for help and I'm glad he has been found safe and well. That's all that needs to be said here.

FredLeDeux

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Not true at all. I was taken away from my perfectly lovely mother because my terrible dad had money to afford a good lawyer and she didn't. It was a deeply traumatic experience and it's a trauma that pops up every time someone says something about men apparently getting the short straw in the courts. That is rubbish.

We don't know the situation with Jolly's children. His family is neither our business nor some example about men having it hard in the family court system. His Instagram post was clearly a cry for help and I'm glad he has been found safe and well. That's all that needs to be said here.
Careful, you're treading on a right-wing dingbat article of faith.

And to make things worse, you're using facts to do it.

Naughty, naughty! :eek:

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers

Two in my family alone have experienced exactly what I said.
We got disproportionate granted when my parents divorced, and that was with dad still paying for the mortgage on the house he was no longer living in, the rent for where he was living, and child support.
My uncle, whose only crime in life was being tight with money got virtually no access to his kids until they were 18 due to false accusations of an abusive marriage.

Careful, you're treading on a right-wing dingbat article of faith.

And to make things worse, you're using facts to do it.

Naughty, naughty! :eek:
Quiet Frederick.

Quite a few lawyers in the system past and present have stated concerns over its fairness, search it.

My cousins wife is a lawyer and changed from the family court to corporate law because she found the burden of proof for mothers wasn't always as high as it was for dad's.

catscollector

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

Yep spot on.
I have two nephews. Both now live with their fathers.
One we get to see but the other we have not seen for 6 months as they are using the whole covid-19 restrictions as a means to keep him away. Only lives 5km away from us.
Even though my sister rents and does not live with us, my nephew always asks if he can see his brother so it's not a pleasant situation at all.
I suspect this is a common theme around the country and one which has been exasperated by the 2020 pandemic.

allrighty

Premium Gold
Jun 5, 2007
And that's all folks
AFL Club
Geelong
Decent return of serve by Kane Cornes here...

View attachment 994957
Yeah and I thought he was light enough anyways.

Remove this Banner Ad