Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020 Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently the Dogs are talking to Mason Cox. I'm guessing they think the American would love to don the red, white and blue...

Apparently the Dogs are talking to Mason Cox. I'm guessing they think the American would love to don the red, white and blue...

That's really worrying. Hope he's OK and his friends and family check on him before it's too late.

EDIT: It's been all over Twitter too and folks have been asking for any of his mates to check in on him. Rohan Connolly has even tweeted about it. Scary stuff indeed.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

17 other clubs are hoping it goes very well. And will be happilly scouring the fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
What an absolute mess at the pies with this Treloar situation.
Gave up pick 7,8 for him
Get a few years out of him, offer a nice 5 year contract, try and trade him not long after
Plays another season and is told by the pies we don’t want you anymore.
Complete Cockup, no wonder Eddie won’t talk about it.
He’s always first to stand up for his players and club and absolute crickets from him

Let's be honest, being male and having kids is the short straw in the family court system.

Not often things are fair and even rarer that the mother gets the short straw, the courts simply will not remove a mother from her children unless they have to.
Much easier to do it to dad.

kittypurry

Senior List
Oct 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Let's be honest, being male and having kids is the short straw in the family court system.

Not often things are fair and even rarer that the mother gets the short straw, the courts simply will not remove a mother from her children unless they have to.
Much easier to do it to dad.

Not true at all. I was taken away from my perfectly lovely mother because my terrible dad had money to afford a good lawyer and she didn't. It was a deeply traumatic experience and it's a trauma that pops up every time someone says something about men apparently getting the short straw in the courts. That is rubbish.

We don't know the situation with Jolly's children. His family is neither our business nor some example about men having it hard in the family court system. His Instagram post was clearly a cry for help and I'm glad he has been found safe and well. That's all that needs to be said here.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Not true at all. I was taken away from my perfectly lovely mother because my terrible dad had money to afford a good lawyer and she didn't. It was a deeply traumatic experience and it's a trauma that pops up every time someone says something about men apparently getting the short straw in the courts. That is rubbish.

We don't know the situation with Jolly's children. His family is neither our business nor some example about men having it hard in the family court system. His Instagram post was clearly a cry for help and I'm glad he has been found safe and well. That's all that needs to be said here.
Careful, you're treading on a right-wing dingbat article of faith.

And to make things worse, you're using facts to do it.

Naughty, naughty! :eek:

Two in my family alone have experienced exactly what I said.
We got disproportionate granted when my parents divorced, and that was with dad still paying for the mortgage on the house he was no longer living in, the rent for where he was living, and child support.
My uncle, whose only crime in life was being tight with money got virtually no access to his kids until they were 18 due to false accusations of an abusive marriage.

Careful, you're treading on a right-wing dingbat article of faith.

And to make things worse, you're using facts to do it.

Naughty, naughty! :eek:
Quiet Frederick.

Quite a few lawyers in the system past and present have stated concerns over its fairness, search it.

My cousins wife is a lawyer and changed from the family court to corporate law because she found the burden of proof for mothers wasn't always as high as it was for dad's.

What Collingwood are doing to Treloar is a disgrace.
Can;t seen many players wanting to sign long term and/or back ended deals with them after this saga..

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

Yep spot on.
I have two nephews. Both now live with their fathers.
One we get to see but the other we have not seen for 6 months as they are using the whole covid-19 restrictions as a means to keep him away. Only lives 5km away from us.
Even though my sister rents and does not live with us, my nephew always asks if he can see his brother so it's not a pleasant situation at all.
I suspect this is a common theme around the country and one which has been exasperated by the 2020 pandemic.

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Decent return of serve by Kane Cornes here...

View attachment 994957
Yeah and I thought he was light enough anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back