Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020 Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh my.... this is hilarious.

"He's your player now, and the contract is your problem not ours..."

The Pies didn't communicate effectively with their players and guess what... they didn't do it with the WB either.

The Pies didn't communicate effectively with their players and guess what... they didn't do it with the WB either.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. How can you have a system where this isn't confirmed in the actual trade itself. What a shambles from the AFL.

What’s the bet it’s the pies trying to reneg on what they agreed too. They really are a bunch of pricks. It’s not the dogs fault they made such a mess of the trade period.

sellers remorse ? Too many deals were last second..only confirms this last minutes stuff is stupid... and the Cameron one was not far from that ... Cook saying they had 7 different versions of an email ready to go and a alteration cam thru in the last 90 seconds.

With Treloar sounds like now Colling have clear Beams etc... they are not as bad in the cap as they were. or maybe just getting cute. The Dogs did not plan for treloar.. to suddenly add a player like him would put them in a position where they have to unload someone imo. I wonder how much Schache is cost them in the VFL. .. and I doubt he sees afl again with JUH coming in.

sellers remorse ? Too many deals were last second..only confirms this last minutes stuff is stupid... and the Cameron one was not far from that ... Cook saying they had 7 different versions of an email ready to go and a alteration cam thru in the last 90 seconds.

With Treloar sounds like now Colling have clear Beams etc... they are not as bad in the cap as they were. or maybe just getting cute. The Dogs did not plan for treloar.. to suddenly add a player like him would put them in a position where they have to unload someone imo. I wonder how much Schache is cost them in the VFL. .. and I doubt he sees afl again with JUH coming in.
greatest indication ever that the period need not be as long as it is.

Shorten it by a week as its clear clubs just peacock and strut around and waste time until the very end.

GO Catters

Shorten it by a week as its clear clubs just peacock and strut around and waste time until the very end.

GO Catters

Is it like prisons... build 10 more and you will fill them... so give more time and clubs will take it. Like so many thing , I will give some leniency this year with no one in the same room etc. but it seem to me that a deadline is needed or sometimes two clubs will not relent. Personally I think the draft should be closer to the trade period. The real deadline should be the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it like prisons... build 10 more and you will fill them... so give more time and clubs will take it. Like so many thing , I will give some leniency this year with no one in the same room etc. but it seem to me that a deadline is needed or sometimes two clubs will not relent. Personally I think the draft should be closer to the trade period. The real deadline should be the draft.

Are you suggesting the trade period go on even longer....?

Please tell me that's not what you want Turbo....its tedious as it is...

Are you suggesting the trade period go on even longer....?

Please tell me that's not what you want Turbo....its tedious as it is...

Really I dont see why trading has to be all done in this defined period bar the afl want it that way.

Im suggestion that the trade period is a product because of the time it's crammed into, so I doubt any change will happen.

I suspect eventually the draft will be much closer to the end of the trade period..in essence the end of trade period is the start of the draft, not some artificial time that the afl set. ..

Wow. This whole Treloar/Bulldogs/Pies/salary cap debacle thing is just getting worse by the minute.

Apparently both sides thought the other side was cool with their proposed position...but they haven't really been discussing it for the past 2 weeks...now that they have started...they're finally realizing 'hang on THAT'S what you wanted'

Insane. Amateur hour at its finest:

"The AFL has given the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood more time to negotiate how much the Magpies will contribute towards new Dog Adam Treloar's contract.

Nominally the clubs have to lodge contract details by Friday afternoon when they make the first list lodgment, which includes preliminary salary cap projections. It is not uncommon for extensions to be granted by the AFL and the league has told the clubs they are flexible on the time frame for them to reach an agreement.

The two clubs had an amicable meeting on Thursday to discuss the issue in detail for the first time since the trade period ended, when the deal to trade Treloar was agreed in the final minute of the trade period that ended on November 12.

The discussions centre around what proportion of the $4.5 million contract each club will pay over the next five years. The two clubs did not put an agreement in writing in the trade period's frantic conclusion.

Sources said Collingwood believed they would pay a minimal amount of the contract given the Bulldogs gave up relatively little in draft terms. Had Collingwood been able to draw a higher draft pick in the trade, then the club would have been prepared to pay more of the contract to square off getting a better draft pick.

The Bulldogs were of the view the Magpies would still pay a significant amount of Treloar's contract because it still meant they were clearing a big chunk out of their salary cap.

There is scope for the AFL to be involved to mediate the issue and there is no risk of Treloar losing any of his entitlements."

I was reading a bit about Kelvin Templetons career last night - and one thing which caught my eye was when he won the Brownlow medal in 1980 - big Rod Blake of Geel finished 3rd - i never knew or realised that Blakey finished so high up in a Brownlow Medal . Templeton got 23 votes and Blakey got 19 - only difference in the spread was KT got 2 more lots of 2 votes

Its interesting if you look at the voting that year - the umpires got it spot on - re fairness - in that all positions on the ground - you were in with a chance

The top 6 that year were KT Merv Neagle RB Peter Moore Tim Watson and Chris Smith - so you have a FF/CHF - a classic wingman - 2 Ruckman - a hf /onballer - and Chris Smith of Fitz - i think he was a Centre Half Back

Where as today - like alot of things it is a joke - youve got to be an onballer or you have got no hope

I was reading a bit about Kelvin Templetons career last night - and one thing which caught my eye was when he won the Brownlow medal in 1980 - big Rod Blake of Geel finished 3rd - i never knew or realised that Blakey finished so high up in a Brownlow Medal . Templeton got 23 votes and Blakey got 19 - only difference in the spread was KT got 2 more lots of 2 votes

Its interesting if you look at the voting that year - the umpires got it spot on - re fairness - in that all positions on the ground - you were in with a chance

The top 6 that year were KT Merv Neagle RB Peter Moore Tim Watson and Chris Smith - so you have a FF/CHF - a classic wingman - 2 Ruckman - a hf /onballer - and Chris Smith of Fitz - i think he was a Centre Half Back

Where as today - like alot of things it is a joke - youve got to be an onballer or you have got no hope
I knew Rod quite well as he was a Vet student and admitted that playing footy helped him through his course. He was a late maturer as a player, and he often said he could see Mark doing the same. I was really peeved Mark was not given the opportunity to play his 100th, and to play AFL elsewhere, because he turned out to be a dominant ruckman in competitions in Darwin, and local leagues.
Anyway, Rod was a beauty in those few years, 30-40 metre hitouts and an agile follower.

GO Catters

What amazed me was how addicted some posters were about it. I genuinely think some get more excited about trade week than actual games.

What amazed me was how addicted some posters were about it. I genuinely think some get more excited about trade week than actual games.
and so much out there is just complete crap.

Go Catters

I believe he won the Ch7 World of Sport's player of the year one year (I assume it must have been the year in question).

In true Geelong fashion re the brothers Jack and Oliver Henry - well after watching Olivers super impressive highlights package

Well im in the non Geelong thread so to put that slant on it re the Henry brothers - i think the Magpies got Wayne Schimmelbusch - and the Cats - well i think we got Daryl Schimmelbusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back