InnocentBystandr

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
ADFA Rams
I'd love to see that. Eddies head would get so red his head would explode.
Y'know, I was getting all worked up about Toby getting off and Hawk hanging in the breeze, but you have shown me the silver lining. Now I want Greene to get off and be BOG against Collingwood. The highlight of the broadcast will be the cut-overs to Eddie in the stands.

Secretly the team he always wanted to play for?

Collingwood veteran Daniel Wells has announced his retirement.

The Herald Sun understands the 34-year-old told his Magpies teammates he had played his last game today.

Wells has only managed 15 games during an injury-riddled three years with Collingwood after crossing from North Melbourne, where he played 243 matches.

The Magpies had been hopeful Wells would mount an 11th-hour bid to be part of the premiership push after injury his left knee in Round 10.

In July, coach Nathan Buckley said the club hoped Wells would feature during finals.

“Yes, he is, and that’s his endeavour and has been ours for the whole recovery,” Buckley said.

When was the last time a player fronted the tribunal two weeks in a row?

Maybe Stevie J - he had a good of things a few years ago

But really don't know & haven't seen anything about that the past couple of days

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
WTF??

so now it's, "I was too dehydrated to produce a sample so I though this sports drink would suffice"? That seems a pretty strange idea considering that the blood test revealed no PED or illicit drugs - lack of patience may end up in a 4-year ban

The testers should come around with a six pack.

The testers should come around with a six pack.

I've heard stories of some athletes taking long hours to produce enough urine for a sample - it's not like they are on the clock & only have 60minutes to stump up the goods, if it takes 6+ hours then it takes 6+ hours

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
"Greene says he put his left hand towards the ball in an attempt to "snatch the footy", but couldn't get hold of it and subsequently pulled his hand back."

I thought that was the case.

a minute ago
Neale says the ball was locked directly underneath Neale's face throughout most of the passage.

• 2 minutes ago
    Greene says his hand never made contact to the eye region of Neale.

3 minutes ago
Greene says his right hand "potentially" made contact to the nose of Neale.

• 4 minutes ago
    Greene says he doesn't believe he raked Neale's face, nor his eye region. He says he can't recall ever making contact with Neale's face.

DAlembert

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
3 minutes ago
Greene says his right hand "potentially" made contact to the nose of Neale.

• 4 minutes ago
    Greene says he doesn't believe he raked Neale's face, nor his eye region. He says he can't recall ever making contact with Neale's face.
There was no rake in the footage I saw. Michael Christensen has lost the plot...stinks of ex Woodsman trying to help now Woodsman. What a disgrace.

There was no rake in the footage I saw. Michael Christensen has lost the plot...stinks of ex Woodsman trying to help now Woodsman. What a disgrace.

Don't forget, they argued Hawkins had a clenched fist ready for a fight like all MMA style - still haven't see evidence said fist though (not denying contact, just that I haven't seen a fist)

Seems Christensen is determining results based on what he wants to have seen and not necessarily what was seen

DAlembert

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't forget, they argued Hawkins had a clenched fist ready for a fight like all MMA style - still haven't see evidence said fist though (not denying contact, just that I haven't seen a fist)

Seems Christensen is determining results based on what he wants to have seen and not necessarily what was seen
Yep I said in earlier post no clenched fist...although from I have read they are saying he did....I do not get it.
Christensen should not be in this position next year. And with Collingwood in finals has a vested interest in outcomes.

a minute ago
Pane puts it to Greene that he never sees his arm extend for the football. Greene replies: "I think it does ... and I think I actually hit Josh Kelly's face on the way down."

Has Greene just admitted to striking his teammate - high contact, careless and low contact? What sort of suspension is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back