Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
So pleased to see the wobbles returned on Saturday. Particularly after their very own nitwit, Joffa, said our supporters were the worst in the AFL. Only to read today of another fight after the game on Saturday and guess who were the instigators - Collingwood supporters.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Why might marijuana and cannabinoids meet this criteria?

• Performance-enhancement: A common perception of marijuana is that its use impairs physical activity, including exercise performance. While the effects of marijuana can decrease hand-eye coordination and distort spatial perception, there are other effects that can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sport disciplines. Cannabis can cause muscle relaxation and reduce pain during post-workout recovery. It can also decrease anxiety and tension, resulting in better sport performance under pressure. In addition, cannabis can increase focus and risk-taking behaviors, allowing athletes to forget bad falls or previous trauma in sport, and push themselves past those fears in competition.[1]

The timeline of events surrounding Rioli:

Thursday 5 September

Rioli kicks one goal from 15 disposals in West Coast’s 55-point win over Essendon in the club’s Qualifying Final win at Optus Stadium.

Rioli tests positive for a metabolite of cannabis.

Thursday 12 September

Rioli’s season is over after it’s revealed he returned an adverse finding on an ASADA drug test. He’s informed of the result as he arrives at the Eagles’ Melbourne-based hotel. A distraught Rioli immediately heads to the airport and flees to Darwin to be consoled by family and friends. It’s revealed Rioli has been caught pouring a liquid into a drug-test beaker.

Rioli isn’t named in West Coast’s semi-final line-up. Jack Petruccelle is rushed into the squad.

Friday 13 September

Geelong defeats West Coast by 20 points at the MCG. The Eagles are knocked out of the 2019 AFL finals and will not defend their premiership title.

After the game, Eagles defender Jeremy McGovern launches a strong defence of Rioli’s character, while coach Adam Simpson said the club was hurting for a “gentle soul”.

Saturday 14 September

West Coast great and former assistant coach Peter Sumich suggests on radio that Rioli’s drugs testing scandal wasn’t an isolated incident.

Sunday 15 September

Senior Eagles officials allege Rioli poured a sports drink into his urine sample out of frustration rather that in an attempt to subvert the testing process.

Monday 16 September

West Coast coach Adam Simpson hits back at Sumich’s comments, saying it was “a slap in the face”. Simpson says the club’s biggest concern is Rioli’s mental health.

Friday 20 September

The Eagles pledge to keep Rioli on their list for 2020, despite a four-year ban hanging over his head.

Monday 23 September

Rioli is nominated for the Goal of the Year at the 2019 Brownlow Medal. The notable absentee loses out to Eddie Betts.

Tuesday 24 September

The AFL release a statement saying Rioli tested positive for a metabolite of cannabis after the Eagles’ elimination final win over Essendon earlier this month.

WC drug culture cleary has returned.

Will have serious impact on their trading desire now - TK etc.

Hope he gets the support he needs from an independant source away from the club - hes' gonna need it.

GO Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The timeline of events surrounding Rioli:

Thursday 5 September

Rioli kicks one goal from 15 disposals in West Coast’s 55-point win over Essendon in the club’s Qualifying Final win at Optus Stadium.

Rioli tests positive for a metabolite of cannabis.

Thursday 12 September

Rioli’s season is over after it’s revealed he returned an adverse finding on an ASADA drug test. He’s informed of the result as he arrives at the Eagles’ Melbourne-based hotel. A distraught Rioli immediately heads to the airport and flees to Darwin to be consoled by family and friends. It’s revealed Rioli has been caught pouring a liquid into a drug-test beaker.

Rioli isn’t named in West Coast’s semi-final line-up. Jack Petruccelle is rushed into the squad.

Friday 13 September

Geelong defeats West Coast by 20 points at the MCG. The Eagles are knocked out of the 2019 AFL finals and will not defend their premiership title.

After the game, Eagles defender Jeremy McGovern launches a strong defence of Rioli’s character, while coach Adam Simpson said the club was hurting for a “gentle soul”.

Saturday 14 September

West Coast great and former assistant coach Peter Sumich suggests on radio that Rioli’s drugs testing scandal wasn’t an isolated incident.

Sunday 15 September

Senior Eagles officials allege Rioli poured a sports drink into his urine sample out of frustration rather that in an attempt to subvert the testing process.

Monday 16 September

West Coast coach Adam Simpson hits back at Sumich’s comments, saying it was “a slap in the face”. Simpson says the club’s biggest concern is Rioli’s mental health.

Friday 20 September

The Eagles pledge to keep Rioli on their list for 2020, despite a four-year ban hanging over his head.

Monday 23 September

Rioli is nominated for the Goal of the Year at the 2019 Brownlow Medal. The notable absentee loses out to Eddie Betts.

Tuesday 24 September

The AFL release a statement saying Rioli tested positive for a metabolite of cannabis after the Eagles’ elimination final win over Essendon earlier this month.

Now make what Sumich was remarking much more interesting...

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
WC drug culture cleary has returned.

Will have serious impact on their trading desire now - TK etc.

Hope he gets the support he needs from an independant source away from the club - hes' gonna need it.

GO Catters

Can anyone supply knowledge on if this has to do with weight control? I have no idea if it has that affect but WR is well known to have that issue...
Are we saying this was medicinal like an Oliva Newtone John recently said ..is there anyone of knowing if it was the stuff that does nt give you a high?

I think a bit early for a blanket culture thing ... I suspect most player at most clubs are far more aware of this stuff than those like me would really like... but really would it stop us trading in Whitfield?

But wr.... I think he is cooked now... and WC will be thinking they do need Kelly even more imo.

Now make what Sumich was remarking much more interesting...
Wasn't there some talk that Freo went cold or were having second thoughts.on him as their new coach after those comments?

Wonder how today's events change perceptions around those comments

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Can anyone supply knowledge on if this has to do with weight control? I have no idea if it has that affect but WR is well known to have that issue...
Are we saying this was medicinal like an Oliva Newtone John recently said ..is there anyone of knowing if it was the stuff that does nt give you a high?

I think a bit early for a blanket culture thing ... I suspect most player at most clubs are far more aware of this stuff than those like me would really like... but really would it stop us trading in Whitfield?

But wr.... I think he is cooked now... and WC will be thinking they do need Kelly even more imo.
Highly unlikely. I don’t think getting the munchies would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back