Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port to roll into our game with a nothing W over the roo's in Tasmania. Jonas a late out on Thursday with H&S protocols.
They tempered the decision of bringing bk Dixon, but Fantasia is one of the emg's.
Marshall, Georgiades, Finlayson with Dixon in that fwd line together has been talked about over here in Adl.
Only because Marshall, Georgiades and Finlayson kicked a bag together vs the WCE....not so squeezy when you add Gray, Butters, Rozee and SPP in there. Motlop will be the first one gone, along with Finlayson you would think.

s**t games of AFL footy 2022 roll on worst season of footy ever,glad i follow AFL and NRL

It's a real struggle to watch the footy with any enjoyment this year, and what little there is has been marred by Brad Scott and his minion's tone deaf interpretations.

Some of the ones paid last night (or not paid) were the worst I can remember this year. And that's saying something.

Last night was a terrible display of simply amateurish umpiring.

Interesting to see some social commentary on it too, but no doubt Brad will stick his head in the sand and deny there's any problem with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night was a terrible display of simply amateurish umpiring.

Interesting to see some social commentary on it too, but no doubt Brad will stick his head in the sand and deny there's any problem with it.

There was one where a Dogs player was pinged after clearly handpassing the ball (he was getting spun in a tackle), and you could hear the umpire say "it wasn't immediate enough".

Since fecking when did that matter?

There was one where a Dogs player was pinged after clearly handpassing the ball (he was getting spun in a tackle), and you could hear the umpire say "it wasn't immediate enough".

Since fecking when did that matter?

There were a few calls, like that one, that left me shaking my head.

I'm beginning to wonder if the dissent rule has given some of the umps a sense of being untouchable, which influences their decision making at times.

Anyone else turned into the North vs Port match?

Have they mowed the field cross pattern in a curving/snaking type pattern rather than the usual squares?

Why would you do that as it's bloody distracting

Why do they insist on Americanism's in the AFL?????

A quarterback has nothing to do with it.

Commentate by just talking footy and stop with the garbage already.

Because a small section of ex-players - notably Russell and Taylor - are huge US sports fans. So they feel the need to infect the calls with that garbage. You like those sports fine (I don't, at least not those ones), but footy doesn't need it. You add the bizarre insecurity that seemingly everyone associated with sports media has for anything from overseas, and the parasite gets spread.

Think it was Russell who first started shouting "from the paint". Should be executed by firing squad for that alone.

Anyone else turned into the North vs Port match?

Have they mowed the field cross pattern in a curving/snaking type pattern rather than the usual squares?

Why would you do that as it's bloody distracting
yeah, my first thought was it was intentional. They knew the score would be lopsided quickly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back