Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope this doesn't get too much airplay. Nothing surer than that they will get us if the stories of Buckley's demise after our match are already being written before the game.

We've already lost to Adelaide and fallen over the line against Hawthorn (at the MCG) so far this season. Both of whom are now in the bottom 6. So a match against Collingwood at the 'G is no certainty in my view.

That’s awesome.

can we name the 5 coach careers we ended.

first was the Melbourne coach after the 2011 186 point smashing.

2002, Rnd 12: Geelong def Syd 101 to 99 at the SCG; Rodney Eade "departs" and is replaced by Paul Roos

2011, Rnd 19: Geelong def Melb 233 to 47; Dean Bailey "departs" and is replaced by Todd Viney

2015, Rnd 9: Geelong def Carlton 140 to 63; Mick Malthouse "departs" and is replaced by John Barker

those are the only ones I can confirm, so not sure on the other 2 are

statistically I have no idea who the answer is but 35 out dead in front 1M on the line. Id be sweating bricks no matter who is kicking but Id have thought SJ or Lockett would have a good history from that position. It's more about who can handle the little man in their head, and both those two trusted their own kicking.

Way too much for a poor mans Steve Johnson.
He's the best player going around today.
If he played in Vic he'd be as famous as Dusty.
He's their best small forward, best tall forward, and best midfielder all in one player who's about 5 foot 8

He's the best player going around today.
If he played in Vic he'd be as famous as Dusty.
He's their best small forward, best tall forward, and best midfielder all in one player who's about 5 foot 8
He has averaged 18 disposal and 2.6 goals a game in the first 7 rounds. Johnson did that over whole seasons.

greene has only had 1 season where he averaged over 2 goals a game. That was 4 seasons ago. Johnson did it 6 seasons in a row. The next season he moved to the mids and nearly won the Brownlow in 2013 despite missing half a dozen games.

half way through the 2009 Brownlow Johnson was leading The Brownlow As a half foward flanker. Was the best player in the afl. he then missed the next 5 weeks injured. Came back for 3 games and injured himself again and had to go Tasmania for surgery.

johnson stared in many finals and could very easily have 2 norm smiths if he didn’t go off the ground for most of the 3rd qtr in 2011 to get injections. He also racked up 34 disposals in a third grand final.

saying Greene is a poor mans johnson is no Slight. Johnson is the best half foward flanker the comp has seen since Gary Ablett senior and Darren jarman.

He has averaged 18 disposal and 2.6 goals a game in the first 7 rounds. Johnson did that over whole seasons.

greene has only had 1 season where he averaged over 2 goals a game. That was 4 seasons ago. Johnson did it 6 seasons in a row. The next season he moved to the mids and nearly won the Brownlow in 2013 despite missing half a dozen games.

half way through the 2009 Brownlow Johnson was leading The Brownlow As a half foward flanker. Was the best player in the afl. he then missed the next 5 weeks injured. Came back for 3 games and injured himself again and had to go Tasmania for surgery.

johnson stared in many finals and could very easily have 2 norm smiths if he didn’t go off the ground for most of the 3rd qtr in 2011 to get injections. He also racked up 34 disposals in a third grand final.

saying Greene is a poor mans johnson is no Slight. Johnson is the best half foward flanker the comp has seen since Gary Ablett senior and Darren jarman.
Yeah I can see your point there. Loved and appreciated Stevie J.
But at the present day though and the present market he's worth every cent and more.
He's played games this year where he's kicked 4 out of 9 goals, 5 out of 15 goals, 5 out of 11 goals.
Carrying the team like no other.

Yeah I can see your point there. Loved and appreciated Stevie J.
But at the present day though and the present market he's worth every cent and more.
He's played games this year where he's kicked 4 out of 9 goals, 5 out of 15 goals, 5 out of 11 goals.
Carrying the team like no other.
He is having the best purple patch of his career no doubt. Can he continue it though?

He is having the best purple patch of his career no doubt. Can he continue it though?
Maybe. The little blokes seem to go for longer.
Even if it doesn't he's sort of deserved it considering some other players that have got big long contracts.
Kelly get a big one IIRC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are we going to apologise for implying that Richmond was manipulating the medical sub-rule last week with Cotchin? Or are we going down the "stuff Richmond" route? :think:

Maybe we'll apologise if Richmond fans apologise for implying Hawkins was at fault for Soldo's knee injury. ;)

Its the most intense as in the clubs/supporters hate each other the most.

Compare that with us and Hawthorn where I feel its more of a Batman-Joker "You complete me" type situation.

GWS vs WB is perhaps the only rivalry where its the players that actually hate each other more intensely than the supporter bases lol.

Can you imagine if SJ could kick 50 metres :oops:
He finished up being one of our all time great players but if he had the kicking of a Bartel, he'd probably have come close to 650+ career goals
I still refuse to believe the Gabba is as long as they say it is. They can't be true full 50 arcs.
Aker used to be able to kick goals on his opposite foot from the centre square there.
Edit: sorry thought you meant Aker not Bartel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back