Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
The other club president who called games of AFL ( and it is an absolute joke that any of them are allowed to do that ) J Brayshaw - deep down he might hate certain clubs as well - however you could never pick that up in his calls - and no matter who the team was - if they were playing well he would be complimentary to them - and they wernt back handed compliments like McGuires .
I think Brayshaw in a way is even worse. He's an even more desperate fanboy if such a thing was possible.

All you ever need to know about how the integrity of the competition - genuine integrity that is, not the media-spun version - is demonstrated perfectly when those two are allowed anywhere near a microphone.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Brayshaw in a way is even worse. He's an even more desperate fanboy if such a thing was possible.

All you ever need to know about how the integrity of the competition - genuine integrity that is, not the media-spun version - is demonstrated perfectly when those two are allowed anywhere near a microphone.
At least Eddie got to where he has on his own.
Brayshaw only has through Nepotism, wealth and sucking up

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't get why Harry Lumumba did not speak out and say something when he was at training at the time and was being called "chimp". He has always been a fiercely proud and independent person. It would have been in his nature to voice his anger/frustrations to being called such a thing.
Very hard to call out any sort of abuse when you are the lone voice in the 'crowd'

goyoucatters

Premiership Player
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Very hard to call out any sort of abuse when you are the lone voice in the 'crowd'
Agreed. And, on the flip side, it's ridiculously easy to gaslight someone who is the lone voice in the crowd.

'C,mon champ, surely you're making a big deal out of nothing here. Nobody else seems to think it's an issue.'

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Agreed. And, on the flip side, it's ridiculously easy to gaslight someone who is the lone voice in the crowd.

'C,mon champ, surely you're making a big deal out of nothing here. Nobody else seems to think it's an issue.'
And surely others should do the calling out. It seems in this instance that wasn't the case. As has not been in the several cases of bullying when the 'bullied' commits suicide

goyoucatters

Premiership Player
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
And surely others should do the calling out. It seems in this instance that wasn't the case. As has not been in the several cases of bullying when the 'bullied' commits suicide
It's hard to believe that some are still questioning Lumumba's veracity when, aside from any consideration of his situation, the club he played for over ten seasons has just been acknowledged in an independent report as being culpable for systemic racism across its operations.

Occam's Razor would then seem to be the sharpest tool one could employ in arriving at your conclusion as to whether Heritier would have experienced racism while playing for the Collingwood Football Club.

you pick one

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
I was on the Gold Coast sand bagging my parents house to keep the floodwaters at bay...thankfully with success.

Different time frame of course, but both significant life lessons for me.
Life changing year for me I never returned permanently to Geelong ever again,I was hooked sun surf and the Tallebudgera Playroom.Closest I'll get to heaven.

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Life changing year for me I never returned permanently to Geelong ever again,I was hooked sun surf and the Tallebudgera Playroom.Closest I'll get to heaven.
I'm the complete opposite

GC born, spent the first 4.5 years of my life there until my parents decided to return to Geelong (it's where my dad was from and he's extended family lived), and growing up I vowed that when old enough I'd be heading back up north at the first available opportunity

After multiple trips to visit mums side of the family that still lived around Brisbane & GC regions, I made decision that I had no interest in moving back there long term

I enjoy going back for the odd holiday, but happy to live in Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

winty

Jun 8, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Apparently Mason Cox is elite according to this.

What a joke this list has become.

Spearman

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Christensen comes out strong and articulate ...

Collingwood boss Eddie McGuire should have been ousted in 2013, Allen Christensen says

Remove this Banner Ad