Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

BIGANT

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2006
Glenelg
AFL Club
Geelong
Crows had there first internal trial yesterday morning. Things that were taken out of were.
• Tex, looking leaner & fitter. More stats yesterday then he's had in the last 2 yrs.
• A few of there experienced players like Sloane, Brown, Kelly, Seedsman & Lynch unnoticed.
•Backline will be under the pump if Talia and Doedee aren't right by r1.
•Draftees from last yrs crop **especially Pedlar & Jimmy Rowe ,and 2 yrs ago a shining light yesterday.
•Darcy Forgarty starting to use his size & strength smartly. **James Rahilly's imput a key figure in his improvement apparently
•Milera & Brodie Smithin for big yrs.
**noted some of the expectations from some of there bf posters were talking t4 - t8 already after 1 internal. That may change after there first scratch match v Port next Saturday

Turkey Tom

Premium Platinum
Oct 1, 2003
next Tuesday
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Maybe.

Mightn’t be a bad idea to find out if it’s true first though.
Yes true, but McNamara was on the Collingwood list from 2010 to 2012 so was at the club the same time as both players.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Aaaah Nick Maxwell. Best remembered for just one play in the 2011 GF. With 30secs to go he ran from the goal square , ball in hand, chest puffed out, down the ground. Too little, too late Nick.
You have to be fair with your posting

Go back one year 2010 drawn GF - and i dont care what anybody says - he saved Collingwood

Late in the last qtr - Stk had hit the front - the ball was kicked marginally into StK forward - and there was just 2 players - from memory Reiwoldt and Nick Maxwell - and Maxwell was right out of position - but he somehow won the contest ( and if he hadnt of the Magpies were sunk ) and re launched Coll into attack which they goaled from

It was an outstanding bit of play and i would suggest you would need a bit of talent to do what he did

I thought he was a pretty good player - reasonably quick - and a decent kick - as for his personality - well thats like Scarlett its just hearsay - how do you know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
You have to be fair with your posting

Go back one year 2010 drawn GF - and i dont care what anybody says - he saved Collingwood

Late in the last qtr - Stk had hit the front - the ball was kicked marginally into StK forward - and there was just 2 players - from memory Reiwoldt and Nick Maxwell - and Maxwell was right out of position - but he somehow won the contest ( and if he hadnt of the Magpies were sunk ) and re launched Coll into attack which they goaled from

It was an outstanding bit of play and i would suggest you would need a bit of talent to do what he did

I thought he was a pretty good player - reasonably quick - and a decent kick - as for his personality - well thats like Scarlett its just hearsay - how do you know
Na I don't. That vision is one of the searing ones from the great 2011 GF

winty

Jun 8, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Aaaah Nick Maxwell. Best remembered for just one play in the 2011 GF. With 30secs to go he ran from the goal square , ball in hand, chest puffed out, down the ground. Too little, too late Nick.
I remember a pre-season practice match once where they tried Maxwell out as a key defender on Pods. That stopped about 10 minutes later after Pods had kicked 4 goals on him.

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Just gotta pretend that ya have concrete in ya boots - once on the mark you can't move until the umpire calls play on, so get used to standing on the spot

Lana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
What a farce this rule is going to be....

Hopefully they scrap it a few weeks into the season.
If you have the ball you should be always moving laterally. Either you get a free kick or you're effectively kick without a man on the mark. Almost worth not putting a player on the mark if you can avoid it, only think it stops them from doing is running in a straight line.

And_ROOS

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Was surprised we didn't have a look at Mason, thought Norf had 4 or 5 decent players on the list and he was one of them.

Wouldn't surprise me if this year him and Ben Brown have massive seasons.

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Was surprised we didn't have a look at Mason, thought Norf had 4 or 5 decent players on the list and he was one of them.

Wouldn't surprise me if this year him and Ben Brown have massive seasons.
Mason may go ok, but not sure on Brown

Brown's already had a arthroscopic surgery to address cartilage damage in his left knee - expected he'll miss the early rounds of the season, but he's going to be behind the 8 ball when he does return

And_ROOS

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Mason may go ok, but not sure on Brown

Brown's already had a arthroscopic surgery to address cartilage damage in his left knee - expected he'll miss the early rounds of the season, but he's going to be behind the 8 ball when he does return
Will get better service at Melbourne then he did at North last year or would at North this year.

If Melbourne can aim to have him fit by rd 7 they will make finals easily.

Remove this Banner Ad