Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why Harry Lumumba did not speak out and say something when he was at training at the time and was being called "chimp". He has always been a fiercely proud and independent person. It would have been in his nature to voice his anger/frustrations to being called such a thing.
Very hard to call out any sort of abuse when you are the lone voice in the 'crowd'

Very hard to call out any sort of abuse when you are the lone voice in the 'crowd'

Agreed. And, on the flip side, it's ridiculously easy to gaslight someone who is the lone voice in the crowd.

'C,mon champ, surely you're making a big deal out of nothing here. Nobody else seems to think it's an issue.'

Agreed. And, on the flip side, it's ridiculously easy to gaslight someone who is the lone voice in the crowd.

'C,mon champ, surely you're making a big deal out of nothing here. Nobody else seems to think it's an issue.'
And surely others should do the calling out. It seems in this instance that wasn't the case. As has not been in the several cases of bullying when the 'bullied' commits suicide

I was in Brisbane working on flood relief and the gravel barge stuck under the Centenary bridge.

I was on the Gold Coast sand bagging my parents house to keep the floodwaters at bay...thankfully with success.

Different time frame of course, but both significant life lessons for me.

And surely others should do the calling out. It seems in this instance that wasn't the case. As has not been in the several cases of bullying when the 'bullied' commits suicide

It's hard to believe that some are still questioning Lumumba's veracity when, aside from any consideration of his situation, the club he played for over ten seasons has just been acknowledged in an independent report as being culpable for systemic racism across its operations.

Occam's Razor would then seem to be the sharpest tool one could employ in arriving at your conclusion as to whether Heritier would have experienced racism while playing for the Collingwood Football Club.

I was on the Gold Coast sand bagging my parents house to keep the floodwaters at bay...thankfully with success.

Different time frame of course, but both significant life lessons for me.
Life changing year for me I never returned permanently to Geelong ever again,I was hooked sun surf and the Tallebudgera Playroom.Closest I'll get to heaven.

Life changing year for me I never returned permanently to Geelong ever again,I was hooked sun surf and the Tallebudgera Playroom.Closest I'll get to heaven.

I'm the complete opposite

GC born, spent the first 4.5 years of my life there until my parents decided to return to Geelong (it's where my dad was from and he's extended family lived), and growing up I vowed that when old enough I'd be heading back up north at the first available opportunity

After multiple trips to visit mums side of the family that still lived around Brisbane & GC regions, I made decision that I had no interest in moving back there long term

I enjoy going back for the odd holiday, but happy to live in Geelong

Apparently Mason Cox is elite according to this.

What a joke this list has become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christensen comes out strong and articulate ...

Collingwood boss Eddie McGuire should have been ousted in 2013, Allen Christensen says

Even Cox was bemused. Have to like his self-deprecating humour too...

He's actually pretty good value on Twitter and doesn't necessarily take himself too seriously

Either that or she saw my bank balance...

I'll let you in on a secret Winty.....but don't tell anyone....

I slept with Paris....thats right..spent the night with her....

mind you...she was in seat 5A and I was in 7B,

Last edited:
People need to understand what McGuire is, and who he wants to be.

He's first and foremost a frustrated fan. A wannabe. Desperately wants to be a star Collingwood player, but being fat and untalented that was never going to happen. So the next best thing - journalist. In the late 1980s. Heavy, heavy boys' club. Perfect for him. Then gets into footy media. Even better. Even more of a boys' club. Then gets involved with a footy club, even better again.

Life to him, and to half the cretins in the footy media, is either the bar or a locker room. That's all he understands. It's actually great that he's president at another club. It's hypocrisy in 100 foot high letters.

Good insight. No matter what he does in life, he can’t escape who he is inside. The guy has power and influence, yet fawns in the company of Buckley. A strange symbiotic relationship.

Eddie and Bucks cant bring themselves to apologise, but...
View attachment 1051278
i respect the playing groups move to do this.

Makes the chasm between what the dog and pony show of the other day and what should have been said even wider however IMO.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back