Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.

Mightn’t be a bad idea to find out if it’s true first though.
Yes true, but McNamara was on the Collingwood list from 2010 to 2012 so was at the club the same time as both players.

As if they weren't great mates. You wouldn't do that unless you were really good friends.
Seems like a bunch of sh*t to me.

It does seem a long bow to draw to suggest the dog was named based on its colour.

Aaaah Nick Maxwell. Best remembered for just one play in the 2011 GF. With 30secs to go he ran from the goal square , ball in hand, chest puffed out, down the ground. Too little, too late Nick.

You have to be fair with your posting

Go back one year 2010 drawn GF - and i dont care what anybody says - he saved Collingwood

Late in the last qtr - Stk had hit the front - the ball was kicked marginally into StK forward - and there was just 2 players - from memory Reiwoldt and Nick Maxwell - and Maxwell was right out of position - but he somehow won the contest ( and if he hadnt of the Magpies were sunk ) and re launched Coll into attack which they goaled from

It was an outstanding bit of play and i would suggest you would need a bit of talent to do what he did

I thought he was a pretty good player - reasonably quick - and a decent kick - as for his personality - well thats like Scarlett its just hearsay - how do you know

You have to be fair with your posting

Go back one year 2010 drawn GF - and i dont care what anybody says - he saved Collingwood

Late in the last qtr - Stk had hit the front - the ball was kicked marginally into StK forward - and there was just 2 players - from memory Reiwoldt and Nick Maxwell - and Maxwell was right out of position - but he somehow won the contest ( and if he hadnt of the Magpies were sunk ) and re launched Coll into attack which they goaled from

It was an outstanding bit of play and i would suggest you would need a bit of talent to do what he did

I thought he was a pretty good player - reasonably quick - and a decent kick - as for his personality - well thats like Scarlett its just hearsay - how do you know
Na I don't. That vision is one of the searing ones from the great 2011 GF

Aaaah Nick Maxwell. Best remembered for just one play in the 2011 GF. With 30secs to go he ran from the goal square , ball in hand, chest puffed out, down the ground. Too little, too late Nick.

I remember a pre-season practice match once where they tried Maxwell out as a key defender on Pods. That stopped about 10 minutes later after Pods had kicked 4 goals on him.

What a farce this rule is going to be....

Hopefully they scrap it a few weeks into the season.

Yes...this "initiative" by the rule changers is an absolute joke. We can only hope its scrapped post haste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a farce this rule is going to be....

Hopefully they scrap it a few weeks into the season.

If you have the ball you should be always moving laterally. Either you get a free kick or you're effectively kick without a man on the mark. Almost worth not putting a player on the mark if you can avoid it, only think it stops them from doing is running in a straight line.

Was surprised we didn't have a look at Mason, thought Norf had 4 or 5 decent players on the list and he was one of them.

Wouldn't surprise me if this year him and Ben Brown have massive seasons.

Was surprised we didn't have a look at Mason, thought Norf had 4 or 5 decent players on the list and he was one of them.

Wouldn't surprise me if this year him and Ben Brown have massive seasons.
Mason may go ok, but not sure on Brown

Brown's already had a arthroscopic surgery to address cartilage damage in his left knee - expected he'll miss the early rounds of the season, but he's going to be behind the 8 ball when he does return

Mason may go ok, but not sure on Brown

Brown's already had a arthroscopic surgery to address cartilage damage in his left knee - expected he'll miss the early rounds of the season, but he's going to be behind the 8 ball when he does return
Will get better service at Melbourne then he did at North last year or would at North this year.

If Melbourne can aim to have him fit by rd 7 they will make finals easily.

Well, as Hirdy once infamously said, I am shocked to be sitting here...

One Lion that won't play on Saturday is new recruit Nakia Cockatoo, who is still recovering from a strained hamstring.

Fagan said the former Cat was not far away, though.

"When you get a new player to your club you've got to learn a bit about his body and what sort of loads he can take, and we've got a lot of good feedback on that the last four or five weeks.

"He's on a good pathway, he's in good shape at the moment and running really well.

"He'll be introduced to skills this week and whether he's done enough work to be in-line for selection in round one, only time will tell.

Will get better service at Melbourne then he did at North last year or would at North this year.

If Melbourne can aim to have him fit by rd 7 they will make finals easily.
Don't think Dees play enough games at Ethiad for Brown to do well.
If we're all back up at qld again this year I reckon he'll really struggle.

Don't think Dees play enough games at Ethiad for Brown to do well.
If we're all back up at qld again this year I reckon he'll really struggle.

I'm not sure it will matter too much where they play. If you're the Dees (whose forward stocks have looked very ordinary for some time), I get the attraction of having him on your list. But neither his recent injury history nor his recent form have me thinking he's likely to be a raging success for them in 2021. And that's before you consider the time that will probably be required to fit in with their system. Time that he's had precious little of thus far, considering his injury woes have continued into his early time at his new club.

In summary, I'm far less bullish about him making a huge difference for them than others might be.

Well, as Hirdy once infamously said, I am shocked to be sitting here...

But wasn't he meant to be tracking well, not missing a session since he arrived etc etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back