Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought young Braedon Campbell looked fatigued in the second half tonight. You can add McDonald as well.

This is the big hurdle facing the Swans...can the kids keep contributing at such a high level.

As BlakeyNoFlakey pointed out...its a marathon, not a sprint.

I enjoyed watching them, all the same.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
They beat the next two teams (Gold Coast & GWS), they are certainties for finals.
So their next games are Giants, Suns then Us. That's good. They should romp it in against those two clubs, and then we can be their reality check. Genuine 50/50 game, but we'll make it a slog and we'll tire their kids.

Guldren and Warner are already better players in game four of their careers than some of our 50+ game players. :drunk:
Wells bid on Guldren i think you'll find. And bc of the acadeny stuff. they got him

GO Catters

Last year Shuey did both hamstrings in the same match, and not sure if he required surgery on either or both of them at that time

And this latest hamstring injury was occurred in his first match back from a hamstring injury - twice injured in his calf during the preseason, then injured his hamstring in the lead up to round 1, returned for round 3 and injured his hamstring again but this time he needs surgery

The guy just can't get a break the last 18 months or so

Wonder if our club looked at this, then looked at Cameron and decided "if an extra 1 or 2 weeks on the sidelines now means he's ok for the rest of the season, that's preferential to bringing him back too early and something going wrong again"

What do we all think of this team...

1617934030621.png

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Caddy omitted. Guess he’ll finally get the midfield time he was after. :D

Did laugh at this. And was then reminded of his two premiership medals. :(

Still, I'm totally satisfied that we were right to move him on when we did. Wouldn't have been a key difference-maker for us over recent seasons. And Parf will be a very long-term contributor to our team in a way that Caddy could never have managed with the hoops. As a half-forward type, he fitted the 'ultimate mugby' game style like a glove. And reaped the benefits accordingly.

To be clear, I think the trade was win-win. We offloaded his salary and got Parfitt and Richmond got a dual premiership player who was excellent in one of the years.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
To be clear, I think the trade was win-win. We offloaded his salary and got Parfitt and Richmond got a dual premiership player who was excellent in one of the years.

Yeah that would have happened no matter what though, not like Caddy had much impact at that club.
Win - break even perhaps, we win cos we got Parfitt, break even cos they got a handy player for 1 season.
I mean win for Caddy, he doesn't win 2 flags if he stayed at the Cats.

Yeah that would have happened no matter what though, not like Caddy had much impact at that club.
Win - break even perhaps, we win cos we got Parfitt, break even cos they got a handy player for 1 season.
I mean win for Caddy, he doesn't win 2 flags if he stayed at the Cats.
He played a big part for them in 2017. Very few trades are positive sum and I think this is one good example: both sides better off with the trade than without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back