Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe has now been 10 years. Tasmania denied a team and general talent of the comp diluted to hell and for what? At least GWS have made and won finals. GC has been and still is an absolute disaster.
And to think Gazza Jnr wasted some of his best years there when surely we would have won 1 or 2 more premierships if he'd stayed.

What was that all about? Money? A massive sook because he wasn't made captain at Geelong? Sure as hell it wasn't for the glory!

Apart from our game Thursday night, this week really is a dud round.

You're not wrong. Adelaide v St Kilda on a Saturday night? What a dead loss - I hate them both and they're both sh*t, especially the Moorabin Muppets. I'll just put our game on repeat and pretend the rest of the round doesn't exist.

And to think Gazza Jnr wasted some of his best years there when surely we would have won 1 or 2 more premierships if he'd stayed.

What was that all about? Money? A massive sook because he wasn't made captain at Geelong? Sure as hell it wasn't for the glory!

A fair combination of all of it and yes assumed glory. There was a lot of assuming going on with the setting up of that club by their and the AFL admin and a lot of horrendous mistakes made that have sunk them to the point of hopelessness now.

It wasn't about the Captaincy. A lot of it had to do with Bomber refusing to play him in the midfield. Gazza's & Bombers' relationship really broke down. So when the GCS offered him a million and the captaincy, he jumped at it. Bomber Thompson was a big reason why we lost Gazza.

Ensuring his family would be able to receive the best possible care available. I don't begrudge him that at all

Hard to believe has now been 10 years. Tasmania denied a team and general talent of the comp diluted to hell and for what? At least GWS have made and won finals. GC has been and still is an absolute disaster.
GWS were smart and recruited younger players from other sides who would be around for close to a decade (Davis, Ward, etc.) while Gold Coast went for has beens looking to boost their super fund and work on their tan (Campbell Brown, Josh Fraser, Chad Cornes, etc.)

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wasn't about the Captaincy. A lot of it had to do with Bomber refusing to play him in the midfield. Gazza's & Bombers' relationship really broke down. So when the GCS offered him a million and the captaincy, he jumped at it. Bomber Thompson was a big reason why we lost Gazza.

Bomber didn't play him in the middle because he knew he was already gone. Bomber had the moral high ground here until he turned around and left too!

Gaz was already out the door after the 2009 GF after chasing the AFL for the gig in secret , blaming it on Bomber who would had done nothing to change Gaz’s mind when he had already decided to leave well before the 2010 season and infighting that occurred between them

I still can’t forgive Gaz for the way he chose to behave and treat the club and public about his so called “Decision”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows scoreless in the first quarter.

We must've been poor to lose to this lot.

Yeah agree but then they defeated Melbourne lol we couldn’t defeat Adelaide over in SA but won Thursday night after a bye to PA lol doesn’t make sense. Footy is weird sometimes.

Interesting that two of our discards (Fogarty, Jones) get a mention in this article:

Good to see them getting recognition. It’s just too bad the idea of ‘moneyball’ has been hijacked by lazy journalists, a bit like that idiotic ‘sliding doors’ column.

Yeah agree but then they defeated Melbourne lol we couldn’t defeat Adelaide over in SA but won Thursday night after a bye to PA lol doesn’t make sense. Footy is weird sometimes.

Yeah, was early days of 2021 so I shouldn't be too harsh.

But geez they look bog ordinary.

Ensuring his family would be able to receive the best possible care available. I don't begrudge him that at all
He would still have been on a very healthy salary at Geelong and a few more premierships would have been nice. Was Gazza Snr going through a bad time? - I can't remember atm, I've had too many beers coping with the Crows vs. Aints. They say some footy is better than no footy but I don't know. Some games lately have been like pulling teeth.

He would still have been on a very healthy salary at Geelong and a few more premierships would have been nice. Was Gazza Snr going through a bad time? - I can't remember atm, I've had too many beers coping with the Crows vs. Aints. They say some footy is better than no footy but I don't know. Some games lately have been like pulling teeth.

Even if he wasn't at the time, it's pretty clear his dad would need some level of financial support. That's not to mention his sister who was in and out of mental health care. Fairly certain his mum would probably need a bit of a hand too.

The $800k~ a year he might have gotten with Geelong was a pittance compared to the big bucks offered by the Suns/AFL, not including all the additional cash for ambassadorship etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back