Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they could've chosen to say move it to Brissy and enjoy the June sun for a couple of weeks?
Alternative would likely be the SCG or Giants Stadium as NSW seems the easiest option for flying into if you're a Vic team

Wow. I think that maybe the most f**ked umpiring decision of the year.
Makes me want to stop watching footy. They're just pathetic
And there's more than a few comments I've seen which have suggested that the commentators were almost apologetic for Mumford's action and that it's just him & he's a bit clumsy

Wish that his "clumsiness" got called out for what it is because he knows exactly what he's doing

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
And there's more than a few comments I've seen which have suggested that the commentators were almost apologetic for Mumford's action and that it's just him & he's a bit clumsy

Wish that his "clumsiness" got called out for what it is because he knows exactly what he's doing
Yeah if it was "clumsy" he wouldn't have dumped him afterwards.
I'm not even pissed off at Mummy. The umpire was standing right there. He saw it.
He got paid to umpire that game. They're just so crap at their job.

Overhang

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
That also keeps the minor premiership interesting. We play them in the final round.

Minor premiership looks even more important this year given early signs point to 3 Vic clubs finishing top 3 with 1 interstate side to finish 4th, would be handy to play an interstate side 1st week in Melb.

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
One thing I don't like about playing the Thursday night game is that if you win you don't really get to bask in any of that sweet, sweet media adulation. None of the big match review shows on either TV or radio are on until at least a couple of days afterwards, and by then most of them have kind of decided that the Thursday game is too far in the past to merit deep dive analysis, so they often skip it and move on to more recent games, or at least give the Thursday result less attention than they would have if it had been on Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back