Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Pretty sure both grand finals were supposed to be Adelaide vs West Coast.

See thats the thing - and i think Premierships are overrated - of course with all supporters - me being one of them - until you see your club win a flag then you will literally take a GF scoreline of 1 point to zero points to the opposition

However having seen the wins and losses re Geel and other clubs - i think flags are overrated

Adelaide is a prime example - in 2006 ( under Neil Craig ) they played us in the 2nd half of the season at Football Park and beat us by nearly 100 pts - and Mark Thompson made the comment - he sat back watching in awe of them - re how excellent they played

However Riciuto got ill and Burton got injured - and someone else did his knee - and as a result they missed out - they were a champion side - and thoroughly deserving of a premiership - but they have got nothing to show for it

You contrast that to their 2 flags 97 and 98 - both years won a paltry 13 games - 98 had that stupid system - lost their final by 10 goals and got a 2nd chance - 97 got that ( crucial ) home final against us - even though we finished 2nd on the ladder

The best side Adelaide have had by the length of the Randwick straight is their 2006 team - that was a great side - but they have got no reward for it

This bloke commentating the hockey sounds exactly like Anthony Hudson
Alastair Nicholson. He does a lot of footy and cricket on ABC radio, he's very very good. Ch7 has picked him up to do some BBL games and the Olympics. Would be good if he came across for the AFL on 7 but I think he's firmly entrenched at the ABC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back