Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I got your point and I addressed in a previous post in that I have no respect for an athlete who would feel that way about Dew.
In the end, this is what matters. And I should be banned for having to post it on a Geelong board.

Ah yeah that's up there with the Mooney missed set shot that gets replayed on Bounce from time to time as a way to sour one's mood.

Duh umm Duh
Still no point 5, but we do now have this beauty

3 minutes ago
POINT OF IMPACT DISPUTED

We may be going backwards now... there is a dispute over where Viney applied force. Anderson is insistent the contact was to Collins' jaw, but the particulars of the charge at the start of the hearing stated contact to the neck/throat.

Still no point 5, but we do now have this beauty

3 minutes ago
POINT OF IMPACT DISPUTED

We may be going backwards now... there is a dispute over where Viney applied force. Anderson is insistent the contact was to Collins' jaw, but the particulars of the charge at the start of the hearing stated contact to the neck/throat.
LOL but regardless, he has his elbow digging into someones face, neck, throat, jaw, eyesocket, whatever it is shouldn't change anything.

Still not sure what point 5 is...

5 minutes ago
VINEY'S CASE SUMMARISED

Viney's counsel is now summarising the midfielder's case. He makes five points:

1. Viney has pleaded guilty to serious misconduct
2. The incident is a result of the wrestle that Collins instigated and Viney was dragged into the position
3. The prolonged contact is contributed to by Collins holding onto Viney's jumper and pulling the midfielder towards him
4. There is no injury to Collins, nor was any injury likely
5. ...
lmao at points 2, 3 and 4. It's like a primary school justification techniques.

Update to the previous point - seems they have no f'ing idea what the actual charge is

8 minutes ago
POINT OF IMPACT DISPUTED

We may be going backwards now... there is a dispute over where Viney applied force. Anderson is insistent the contact was to Collins' jaw, but the charge was summarised at the start of the hearing as contact to the neck/throat region.

The charge was not classified before the hearing in the usual terms of low/medium impact, body/high contact etc.

The Tribunal has been stood down for a moment, so Anderson can seek instructions.

It would seem likely that Viney can still plead guilty to serious misconduct, while also challenging the point of impact. Anderson would be hoping that the guilty plea factors into the Tribunal's eventual penalty, so it is important to clarify.

HAHA this is a clown show

It would seem likely that Viney can still plead guilty to serious misconduct, while also challenging the point of impact. Anderson would be hoping that the guilty plea factors into the Tribunal's eventual penalty, so it is important to clarify.

HAHA this is a clown show
"Yes your honour, I am guilty of the charges but also, I didn't do it"

8 minutes ago
CAN VINEY STILL PLEAD GUILTY?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guilty but not guilty of what I looked pled guilty to

2 minutes ago
RESOLUTION?

Not yet...

Anderson says Viney is adamant he did not make prolonged contact to Collins' neck/throat region, so his guilty plea is withdrawn for those particulars, as laid out at the start of this hearing.

He would plead guilty to the charge of serious misconduct where contact was to the jaw.

WTF?

a few seconds ago
THE JUDD PRECEDENT

Chris Judd's 'chicken wing' tackle from 2012 is now being discussed as a precedent for the particulars of a charge being disputed.

I loss 45kg a few years ago , so it’s not far shaming just pointing out that it isn’t a good look for a coach who is the face of the team
Thanks, that was my post originally. I have overweight friends - a couple morbidly. I have gay friends, I'm not. I have friends from most cultures.

Having an obese coach telling you to effectively bust your guts for him is a bit of an oxymoron I think.

FINAL SUBMISSIONS

Given the dispute over where impact was made, Gleeson is going back over the video evidence to assert the contact was made to Collins' neck/throat region.

On Viney's evidence that contact was to the jaw, he says: "You'll have no difficulty rejecting that submission when you look at the evidence ... he's given evidence that is flatly inconsistent with what he knew he did."

FINAL SUBMISSIONS

Given the dispute over where impact was made, Gleeson is going back over the video evidence to assert the contact was made to Collins' neck/throat region.

On Viney's evidence that contact was to the jaw, he says: "You'll have no difficulty rejecting that submission when you look at the evidence ... he's given evidence that is flatly inconsistent with what he knew he did."
And back to the start we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back