Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

MacStradbroke

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Flagcats is lazy and not really our nickname. Should have TOO OLD on the front and TOO GOOD on the back

Bitchmond is great though.
Flagmantle shouldn't be there, they haven't won one yet. Should be Flogmantle until they get their first premiership.

Go Norf and Never Pear Us Apart are good too.

Go Swom? But no CROM beanie?
Agree cats one is a shocker And Tiges one makes me want to buy it!

The Flagmantle one is epic, taking the absolute urine out of them and their aspirations last year.

CatToTheFuture

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Wasn't a Tom Browne post it was Geelong Addy.
uxri99d7ajca1.jpg
PHRASING

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics

It actually surprised me that the Dogs list is the same age as our i had them pegged to be much younger overall.

Scott is not a fan of some metrics and I’m sure average age is not something that keeps him awake at night.

Incredible that we won a flag with the oldest team ever fielded - let that sink in and what it means for the competition going forward.

There’s something very special about this Club and this group , can’t wait for 2023👌🏽

And_ROOS

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong

It actually surprised me that the Dogs list is the same age as our i had them pegged to be much younger overall.
In theory Gold Coast, Melbourne and Carlton are at the age bracket where teams who go on to play in 3 or 4 consecutive finals series and get a flag or two, but the list doesn't really go into detail on who those players in those age brackets are.

Gold Coast as a club have no finals experience, and Carlton have no recent finals history and last year bottled a finals appearance. And Melbourne lost a super talented young ruck who was significantly out performing his replacement so who knows what happens to the Demons next year.

I am really surprised the Dogs are equal 1st with us, I know losing Dahlhaus, Higgins, Selwood brings the average age and games down quite a lot, and we brought in a lot of kids, but I figured the Dogs would be around high 24s or 25 with Richmond and Collingwood.

But its interesting that the WBD are equal first for age, but then 5th for average age.

Hawks average age and game makes me think they are in for a few bad batterings this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
I hear that they were captivated by the ideas he floated on AFL trade radio
I actually listened to a reasonable amount of the latter stages of Trade Radio last year. And I thought SOS came across as about as knowledgeable as any reasonably well-informed footy fan would regarding the state of play in trading and recruitment across the AFL.

So clearly he has skills that don't translate well to how he speaks in a public setting.

Or photos.

🤷‍♂️

And_ROOS

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I actually listened to a reasonable amount of the latter stages of Trade Radio last year. And I thought SOS came across as about as knowledgeable as any reasonably well-informed footy fan would regarding the state of play in trading and recruitment across the AFL.

So clearly he has skills that don't translate well to how he speaks in a public setting.

Or photos.

🤷‍♂️
What he says and what he does are faaaaaaaaar apart.

And_ROOS

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong

No 50m penalty for fake handball nonsense is a good change.
If you stand the mark you can't then change your mind and back out of the protected zone.
And lastly umpires give you a 25 second warning to start your kick for goal, at the moment its 15 seconds.

Shadow89

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Nepotism is alive and well at the Saints right now. Appointing SOS is all levels of bad. Would be nearly as dumb as someone appointing f*cking Matt Rendell again.

Seriously, he f*cked up Carlton so bad and had so many failed high end picks. I don't know what St Kilda are thinking, but they've given Ross the keys and he's driving drunk around town picking up all his mates.

Explains Stocker too...

Turbocat

TheBrownDog
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I dont think we play in Tas this year ...I was thinking with the ferry in Geelong now it might have been a good weekend trip
Has anyone done a footy trip to Tas on the spirit of Tas. I think Hobart is a good 3 hours away in Davenport from where it docks... sort of makes the ferry less appealing.

I wonder if a Tas team will happen.

I can see why the afl want a big stadium to start but would it be so bad to let them in with a chance to build towards a stadium..the way we have?
Perhaps if they see that without the right stadium , they may have their own team but they get non vic teams and and the b grade time slots..it may change a few perspectives. I think the Hobart Launc thing is a factor.

Financially .. the afl would probably be better off adding a third WA team than a Tas team... adding an odd number team seems strange. I think it would be better to work towards an even number ..More games .play each team 19 times..with a few high value double ups

Turbocat

TheBrownDog
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Nepotism is alive and well at the Saints right now. Appointing SOS is all levels of bad. Would be nearly as dumb as someone appointing f*cking Matt Rendell again.

Seriously, he f*cked up Carlton so bad and had so many failed high end picks. I don't know what St Kilda are thinking, but they've given Ross the keys and he's driving drunk around town picking up all his mates.

Explains Stocker too...

Not many SW's around ... Id rather that SOS is there than they make a big offer to him ..and we see him do a Bryan Cook.

Personally I think he is a fair way in front of Rendell. Im still not sure how he got the roles he did. He still owes Mackie an apology for this year.

Remove this Banner Ad