Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsfootyfan89

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
I doubt that would had been the words used to “justify” why they felt uncomfortable…not condoning it at all but racist assholes are rarely that overt with their racism
Sure, but it's not hard to just say "Why are you uncomfortable? Do you have a reason? Or is it kind of just a feeling? If so, that's a you-problem. Have a good one."

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
There's more to success than simply making grand finals - just because a team doesn't make the grand final or win the premiership, it doesn't mean that their season was a failure
No I don’t buy that at all with our list in seasons 2020-2022 and comparing it to the other three teams. To make two grand finals means we were the best side over the course of the past three seasons as nobody else did it. If we lose on Saturday (I don’t think we will) we’d still have made more grand finals than Richmond, Melbourne and Sydney in those three seasons. If we win then just by having a second GF appearance over the same period = we are the best

I’ll give you the years before 2020. 2014-2019 I don’t believe we were a top 2 team after looking at the side we have now so maybe that’s not a failure? Although 2013 is a failure as the true grand final was a week early.

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Hadn't heard that.

Can you provide more detail about who, and what they said?

No details yet. Just that apparently the assistance coach backed up "some" of the stories.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Off the back of this..

Brisbane - Brad Scott
Dons - James Hird (Yze risky now with Hawks ties)
Roos - anyone cheap (after they forfeit the Clarkson sign on)
Who would have thought Hird would have more integrity than another coach 4 weeks ago?

Hird has to be untenable.

benrushbrook

Debutant
Jun 29, 2009
Carlton
AFL Club
Geelong
Is there any possibility Kevin Sheedy has been Essendons white knight in this whole saga? It did appear he single handedly derailed the attempt to get Clarkson to the Bombers. It appeared strange at the time…
From a mate of a mate, doing the rounds....

The Hawthorn report has been under lock and key for months, though knowledge existed at AFL exec level and an agreement with the named individuals embargoed until Brisbane had completed its season. Kevin Sheedy was tipped off about this report through his deep connections with indigenous Australia and sabotaged Essendon’s attempts to lure Clarkson and in the process toppled the Essendon board to protect the club from another public relations disaster. Current favourite for the Essendon role, Adam Yze will not be appointed to the role as will be implicated in the review with the decision to be announced after the grand final and James Hird appointed under Kevin Sheedy’s direction. Media speculation about Brad Scott being a late entrance to the Essendon process is just that, he will be joining Brisbane in the coming weeks to coach his old team. Hawthorn are absolutely filthy on this though the ability to tie Clarkson to these allegations is limited, with Fagan to wear the bulk of the blame. Hawthorn currently looking at their options to Withold a final payment on his contract. Clarkson’s agreement with North Melbourne leveraged the huge cap it had and unusual risk free upfront signing bonuses were awarded with no recourse. This places North in a ridiculous position that not only will they potentially need a new coach, but their ability to pay a new coach is severely impaired and thrust them back into debt.
I’ve heard Jed Anderson is at the centre of Hawks allegations and he went to ABC and leaked his side of the story recently as he’s not happy Clarko is his coach again at Roos.

The Hawthorn report has been under lock and key for months, though knowledge existed at AFL exec level and an agreement with the named individuals embargoed until Brisbane had completed its season. Kevin Sheedy was tipped off about this report through his deep connections with indigenous Australia and sabotaged Essendon’s attempts to lure Clarkson and in the process toppled the Essendon board to protect the club from another public relations disaster. Current favourite for the Essendon role, Adam Yze will not be appointed to the role as will be implicated in the review with the decision to be announced after the grand final and James Hird appointed under Kevin Sheedy’s direction. Media speculation about Brad Scott being a late entrance to the Essendon process is just that, he will be joining Brisbane in the coming weeks to coach his old team. Hawthorn are absolutely filthy on this though the ability to tie Clarkson to these allegations is limited, with Fagan to wear the bulk of the blame. Hawthorn currently looking at their options to Withold a final payment on his contract. Clarkson’s agreement with North Melbourne leveraged the huge cap it had and unusual risk free upfront signing bonuses were awarded with no recourse. This places North in a ridiculous position that not only will they potentially need a new coach, but their ability to pay a new coach is severely impaired and thrust them back into debt.
I’ve heard Jed Anderson is at the centre of Hawks allegations and he went to ABC and leaked his side of the story recently as he’s not happy Clarko is his coach again at Roos.
I have a text that is nearly word for word..🤣🤣

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong

If this was all known to Essendon people (through Sheedy) why would they have invited Yze to be interviewed even once, let alone given him multiple interviews?

catsfootyfan89

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
He will be back in time to coach Tasmania if James Hird is welcomed back into AFL circles.
Ah the world of AFL, where the best possible trait a human being can have is being able to kick a piece of leather real good, around a field.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
That contract length won't be worth the paper it's written on. Clause 1 needs to be real specific
Think about how many scenarios they would need to list - obviously it's easy to say 'don't break any laws'. If I was in charge and he was pushing back against the clauses (although we have no idea what they are or how reasonable) I would show him the door - the club and its players standards/behaviours should come before a player that can sometimes turn it on thats on a massive salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back