Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...bably-end-up-killing-him-20170420-gvogq5.html

Bomber still in a bad way it seems.

...but is another guy that says the 'truth' still hasn't come out. All these guys saying this, why don't they give their version of the truth? But again there are vague assertions in the article with no specifics.

"I know what happened. I know that there were things that were added to the report, things were taken out of the report not to be seen."

Bomber - What was added/taken out of the report?

"When we interviewed Dank for the position, there were a few people in the room who didn't want him, and there were a couple who did and he ended up getting the job," he said.

Bomber - who wanted him?

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...bably-end-up-killing-him-20170420-gvogq5.html

Bomber still in a bad way it seems.

...but is another guy that says the 'truth' still hasn't come out. All these guys saying this, why don't they give their version of the truth? But again there are vague assertions in the article with no specifics.

"I know what happened. I know that there were things that were added to the report, things were taken out of the report not to be seen."

Bomber - What was added/taken out of the report?

"When we interviewed Dank for the position, there were a few people in the room who didn't want him, and there were a couple who did and he ended up getting the job," he said.

Bomber - who wanted him?

Same old argument, someone elses fault, I know but I'm not saying...

Same crap out of Hird's mouth.

Have the balls to stand up and be the whistleblower.

Same old argument, someone elses fault, I know but I'm not saying...

Same crap out of Hird's mouth.

Have the balls to stand up and be the whistleblower.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's not allowed to. Possibly some confidentiality clause when they signed those documents when they were punished the first time.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Not exactly falling over each other for the CEO job at the Hawks.

Fremantle boss rules out move to Hawthorn
Matt Thompson April 20, 2017 3:50 PM

STEVE Rosich says there is no truth to speculation he is close to signing on as chief executive of Hawthorn.

The Fremantle chief executive attended Hawthorn's Easter Monday clash with Geelong, but contacted on Thursday amid fresh headlines linking him to the Hawks, he reaffirmed that he was contracted to Fremantle.

"Hawthorn approached me and I advised them that I had a contract here that specifically states I cannot work for another AFL club until at least the end of 2019," Rosich told AFL.com.au on Thursday.

Rosich's latest comments reiterate an earlier statement from Dockers president Dale Alcock in March.

Rosich has recently overseen Fremantle's move to a new state-of-the-art facility at Cockburn Central.

The Hawks are looking to fill the CEO vacancy left by Stuart Fox, who has moved to become chief executive of the Melbourne Cricket Club.

On Wednesday night Channel Seven reported former Australian Olympic Committee chief executive Fiona de Jong was a contender for the Hawks position.

If successful, it would make her the first permanent female chief executive of an AFL club.

St Kilda's chief operating officer Ameet Bains has also been linked to the job, but is also believed to have ruled himself out of the position.

More By Matt Thompson

What comments are you referring to?
AFL360. Said that if we looked at his good seasons and AA seasons it was when he had good players around him in a good side, now he can't sniff the ball in a lesser side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching The front Bar.... Mick Molloy ..was outside the G after 3/4 time giving to the Hawk supporters going home early... boy are they sticking to to Hawthorn.
Have you bought the 4peat box set ;)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Cyril is your typical icing on the cake player. Stick him in a dominate team and he looks a million dollars, what we're seeing now is the real Rioli, he can't win his own ball.

I wonder if this is a fallacy. Cant win his own ball... as in 1on1 he cant win a comp? I suspect a lot of the players have been "downhill skiing" for years and thats what made them so dangerous. They "cheated" based on the fact they knew others would win a ball in dispute and they would run off their man. All good sides do it , we did it.. knowing your team mates etc.. but id reckon its a bit like being slapped with a wet flounder when the ride is over.

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
I wonder if this is a fallacy. Cant win his own ball... as in 1on1 he cant win a comp? I suspect a lot of the players have been "downhill skiing" for years and thats what made them so dangerous. They "cheated" based on the fact they knew others would win a ball in dispute and they would run off their man. All good sides do it , we did it.. knowing your team mates etc.. but id reckon its a bit like being slapped with a wet flounder when the ride is over.

He might not be bad one on one but when he is fighting to win it against someone who is actually good he's in trouble. At the first centre bounce last week he lined up against Selwood. I had a good feeling about the game ahead after seeing that.

He's got to be on his 3rd year up there now isnt he?

Id hate to see his # of games played over the duration. Fair to say when fit and applied a great little player.
Havent seen that in 5 years or so.

His next contract ,if he gets one, wont reflect where he should be.
Shame, he had so much in front of him.

Go Catters

Correct, this is his 3rd season and his games so far:

2015: 22
2016: 11
2017: 0 - confirmed

So at the end of this season he will have played just 50% of available games for the Lions.

At this stage, Stanley is up to 31 games; 8 games in 2015 before injury and 21 games last year to go with 2 so far this year. Hopefully we get more games out of Stanley to lift up his percentage of games played

Last edited:
17992268_1708844009125835_649710970934494465_n.jpg

:D

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
He might not be bad one on one but when he is fighting to win it against someone who is actually good he's in trouble. At the first centre bounce last week he lined up against Selwood. I had a good feeling about the game ahead after seeing that.

The way I think about ..most players have their own natural advantage. What did they used to call that kickout drill..you know two guys shoulder to shoulder , and coach kicks the ball out and says winner bring the ball back and hand it me. They used to do it preseason , good one to get you chucking.
Riolli may be first to the ball , and he is slippery he may get past some players but some other player would let him get the ball and just corral him till they nail him.. But in a first to the ball and keep going straight and kick a goal..id reckon most player would be very worried. Rioli in the open and he is gone.

You are right , him V Selwood , in cb is not to his advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back