Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are on BF , the second most hated team, after Essendon, according to a massive poll on the main board.
I sensed we were hated, but that is massive hate.

Success.
We went from most peoples second team (mostly due to being good, but not good enough) to winning flags, winning bulk games and constantly topping up/replenishing to stay there.
People don't like that.
Tall poppy and all that...
And Danger-
And Selwood-
And our home ground-

Good heavens. What have we done????

Success.
We went from most peoples second team (mostly due to being good, but not good enough) to winning flags, winning bulk games and constantly topping up/replenishing to stay there.
People don't like that.
Tall poppy and all that...

Also the thought of Ablett coming back to Geelong has jimmies very rustled.

Good heavens. What have we done????

Reckon the Olympian-level whinging and moaning after the Qualifying Final loss and since has had a major impact there.

As for being successful, doubt it. We've had moderate recent success, but the last of those three flags was already six years ago. Reckon it's far more about the fans than the club (similar to Hawthorn in a way).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the Olympian-level whinging and moaning after the Qualifying Final loss and since has had a major impact there.

As for being successful, doubt it. We've had moderate recent success, but the last of those three flags was already six years ago. Reckon it's far more about the fans than the club (similar to Hawthorn in a way).
If other fans visited the Crows board often instead of feeling sorry for them most fans would have them as their most hated side. Poisonous group of fans.

It's good to be hated. No one hates s**t teams (except for Carlton)
Enjoy it. It doesn't last forever.
The Norf hate was massive in the late 90's but it didn't take long for people to just feel sorry for them again.
Same with the Hawks late 80's early 90's.
Within 10 years the hate had turned to pity.
Lap up the hate.

Wow.

And the most insensitive campaigner award goes to.....
And they banned Geelong posters for pointing out how they gleefully smeared Gary's character without a second thought accusing him of being a liar and much worse, when Friday's sad news proved Gary's reason for wanting to return home where unequivocally genuine. They called that insensitive but they have no problems with these blatantly vile comments and to date the mod hasn't removed it.
*shakes head in disbelief*

Calling GC 'fans' parasites is a compliment.

I find Geelong supporters among the best behaved in Big Footy, nothing close to the arrogance and entitlement of Hawthorn fans and those from the so-called Big 4 even though they haven't had any recent success.

Part of it I suspect is because of the pain of going through so many Grand Final losses in the 90s, anyone that has come to support to Geelong is no fair weather glory-hunting flog that wants to pretend that a club's success is a reflection on them which is definitely the case with the type of fans that certain clubs attract.

The supposed Geelong 'supporters' that do carry on a bit I'm a bit suss about to be honest, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were sock puppet accounts owned by Hawthorn flogs in order for Geelong to cop trollish flak from the mainboard. Nothing would shock me about Hawthorn fans, they're capable of anything, small minds are amused by small things and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back